Muse responded to my tweet! :D I asked if they might come to Bonnaroo or Lolla and they said, "one of those 2, maybe..." :D

I think Lolla is going to happen, but I'm doubting Bonnaroo.

Still, thats awesome

I got a job but I also got nagging parents which is the biggest problem, I doubt they'd let me fly out to Chicago or Tennessee. I very much want to do one of them though.

Though if I'm going to travel that far and fly somewhere, I think I'd rather do Coachella or Bonnaroo, for the camping experiences and the money that saves on hotels. Bonnaroo seems like an amazing experience while Coachella seems to have a better line-up (at least for my tastes every year).

But if Muse was at Lolla, then that changes that and puts Lolla on my list.

Also, if any of those 3 were to get Daft Punk, they'd automatically be probably at the top of my list...

Radiohead also is a big plus for any of them, but Radiohead will probably come to Houston like they always do if they tour, and i wouldnt be surprised at all if they play ACL

Soundgarden played a Guitar Hero event in LA a few days ago and I think Dom was there

Ohhh, ok. Because I was totally on the lookout at the Vic gig and as Chris Cornell said, they didn't give any celebs entrance, only fans. Most I saw was Chris's family on the balcony... :D

I think Lolla is going to happen, but I'm doubting Bonnaroo.

Still, thats awesome

I got a job but I also got nagging parents which is the biggest problem, I doubt they'd let me fly out to Chicago or Tennessee. I very much want to do one of them though.

Though if I'm going to travel that far and fly somewhere, I think I'd rather do Coachella or Bonnaroo, for the camping experiences and the money that saves on hotels. Bonnaroo seems like an amazing experience while Coachella seems to have a better line-up (at least for my tastes every year).

But if Muse was at Lolla, then that changes that and puts Lolla on my list.

Also, if any of those 3 were to get Daft Punk, they'd automatically be probably at the top of my list...

Radiohead also is a big plus for any of them, but Radiohead will probably come to Houston like they always do if they tour, and i wouldnt be surprised at all if they play ACL

Bonnaroo would be cool, but I would avoid Coachella like the plague, even if the lineup was fantastic. It's out in the (excuse my language) phucking middle of nowhere desert of California where it routinely hits 110 degrees. I've driven though it multiple times. It sucks balls. 3 days in that sun with hipster celebrities around every corner? No thank you.

Lolla is fun because it is in the city, it's not horribly hot and uncomfortable, and yes, hotels downtown are expensive, but consider staying out a bit in the suburbs and you can save a lot of money. Plus, it's easy to get on a train to get into the city and then the L to get around. Maybe it's me being biased, but Lolla is just a much more pleasant American festival experience.

Bonnaroo would be cool, but I would avoid Coachella like the plague, even if the lineup was fantastic. It's out in the (excuse my language) phucking middle of nowhere desert of California where it routinely hits 110 degrees. I've driven though it multiple times. It sucks balls. 3 days in that sun with hipster celebrities around every corner? No thank you.

Lolla is fun because it is in the city, it's not horribly hot and uncomfortable, and yes, hotels downtown are expensive, but consider staying out a bit in the suburbs and you can save a lot of money. Plus, it's easy to get on a train to get into the city and then the L to get around. Maybe it's me being biased, but Lolla is just a much more pleasant American festival experience.

I've dealt with the heat at the festival. My first festival earlier this year, a smaller indie one, with the heat index it was probably 105-115. Maybe hotter. And being a pit with sweaty people made it even hotter. It sucks but its something I can deal with if need be.

Lolla does seem like a very pleasant and fun experience, but I figure if Im going to travel that far I want something different. I can get an experience very similar to Lolla just by going to ACL which is actually driving distance and doesnt require flying like lolla would (and is even booked by the same company). But theres no where in driving distance that'd offer the camping or late night partying of Bonnaroo and Coachella.

If I was going to one of the three next year though, I'd go Bonnaroo probably, based on what ive heard they are doing something special for the 10th anniversary and like I said, camping sounds fun and i love how it goes way late into the night. Though Lolla with Muse is very tempting.

I'm pretty sure it was after ACL 05 that they started to move it a week forward every year until it was in October. ACL 05 was first weekend in September and a complete dustbowl. Something like 105 degrees out. I honestly nearly died. It was my first festival experience, and I just remember being at the barrier day 2 for Oasis and nearly suffocating from the heat and dust. People were fighting for water and fainting left and right, crowdsurfing to the medical tents. D:

I am so going to Lolla!

Already saving money...

While they're at it they should play Bumbershoot in Seattle. I would seriously die if that happens. :stunned:

But, yay! I get to see Muse at least one last time before the end of the tour. I'm still sad I had to miss all the Sept. Muse madness. But this news is making me feel a lot better about that! :happy::happy:

Now, I just need to book a hostel...

OMG! My pants are going to fly off! :eek:

I am SO pumped.

EDIT: What's a good hostel to stay at? Lol.

I am so going to Lolla!

Already saving money...

While they're at it they should play Bumbershoot in Seattle. I would seriously die if that happens. :stunned:

But, yay! I get to see Muse at least one last time before the end of the tour. I'm still sad I had to miss all the Sept. Muse madness. But this news is making me feel a lot better about that! :happy::happy:

I am SO pumped.

There's one really close. Think it's on the Lolla website. I booked one there just in case back in August. :LOL:

I am so going to Lolla!

Already saving money...

I am SO pumped.

Hostel buddy!

Kind of glad there's another gig to plan for after all the September shenanigans. :LOL:

Archived