so does it make more sense to just book rooms at the hostel and meet up then?

DONE. google-ing this place now. rather pay that than $100. and hearing a review from a fellow muser makes me feel better about a hostel.

yeah, I would just book the room ahead of time and just meet everyone there.

The hostel website delined my credit card AND my mom's too :wtf: It's only $8.41! :fear:

Calling my bank tomorrow :indiff:

And I'm glad to hear the hostel is a nice place :happy: Even if we can't all get the same rooms, even if we're just at the same place will be fun enough! It's not like we'd ever really be in our rooms except to sleep anyway :chuckle:

Muser "block party" at the hostel for sure! :awesome:

Don't worry, it did that to me too. I'd try calling them. :)

:LOL: Now I'm getting all excited.

With my luck, I'll find out Muse isn't playing after all :indiff: Although, depending on the bands playing, I might just go anyway :LOL:

I wish we didn't have to wait til April to find out :supersad:

I have a random question (I feel like it's too early to be asking questions like this, but whatever :LOL:) When they announce the lineup in April, they don't announce what day the band is playing, do they? Because then I'd end up buying a 3 day ticket, I suppose.

Are most people planning on going all three days? :)

:LOL: Now I'm getting all excited.

With my luck, I'll find out Muse isn't playing after all :indiff: Although, depending on the bands playing, I might just go anyway :LOL:

I wish we didn't have to wait til April to find out :supersad:

I have a random question (I feel like it's too early to be asking questions like this, but whatever :LOL:) When they announce the lineup in April, they don't announce what day the band is playing, do they? Because then I'd end up buying a 3 day ticket, I suppose.

Are most people planning on going all three days? :)

no they don't announce what day each band will be playing from what I recall. That comes at a later time. Lolla is really a great festival you might as well as go all three days

You can never be too safe :yesey:

I'm trying to actually book right now :ninja::LOL:

Do you remember which type of room you got? One type is $37 a night, one's $31 and one's $30 (why the $1 difference? :wtf:)

I'm just paranoid and want to make sure I'm going with the same sort of room people are getting so that I can hopefully be in the same room with you guys :LOL:

When you tried booking the hostel, did it charge your card right then?

I really want to stay where all the Musers would be staying and hang out and what not. Muser parties are always the best. It'd be awesome to be able to just rent a house out and make it our Muser pad for the weekend. :LOL:

When you tried booking the hostel, did it charge your card right then?

I really want to stay where all the Musers would be staying and hang out and what not. Muser parties are always the best. It'd be awesome to be able to just rent a house out and make it our Muser pad for the weekend. :LOL:

It didn't charge me because it declined it :LOL: But it only charges you 5% of the total cost, plus some tax. So all it was gonna charge me was $8.41. Then you pay the rest when you check-in :)

It didn't charge me because it declined it :LOL: But it only charges you 5% of the total cost, plus some tax. So all it was gonna charge me was $8.41. Then you pay the rest when you check-in :)

Oh...wow. Lol. Sorry about it being denies. :/ Bummer. Hopefully you'll get it all worked out. :happy: And thank you for responding.

:LOL: No problem. I think it was something wrong with the website because someone else said they had the same problem. I'm gonna book by phone tomorrow I think :p

Yeah. I don't even have $8 in my bank account right now and I want to book so bad. :$

*I'm really poor right now. Lol. Muse always empties my wallet. :p

Holy what the Fu-hell!? This reeks of win. Lollapalooza is the shit, its 2 hours from mi casa, and Muse just might play there this August!!

:D:D

I could only do it if flights come down in price from the £650 they're currently showing at.

Just follow the forums. Usually you will know at least a few days ahead of time then it's just you on the stupid home page refreshing until it pops up. It's not really announced you just have to be on at the right time but the forum members are good at keeping up with that.

well then, in THAT case, someone post on here if they hear anything about what day that sale will be. i'm terrible with keeping up with that stuff.

AWESOME! Let's all keep an eye out and let each other know. I have lurked in the forum some, I'm hugenkiss over there as well. Feel free to say hello :D

If Muse is at Lolla...I am definitely going. :D

YAY! Older, smutty Musers FTW! Can't wait to meet ya!

Sod it, going to book the hostel just in case, I can cope with losing £10 if I cancel!

Attagirl :-)

Ditto.

YAY!!!

YAY! Older, smutty Musers FTW! Can't wait to meet ya!

Yay!! older....wait smutty musers? Now I have absolutely no idea why you would say that. :ninja::chuckle: Can't wait to meet you either !!!

I say giant Muser meetup if this happens :yesey:

:dance::\mm/: now, I just have to break it to my hubby and daughter that I'll be in Chicago that weekend....:unsure:

I've been definitely wanting to go to Lolla, regardless of whether Muse plays (though obviously that would make it that much sweeter). I've never been to a big festival before, and I'd want to go all 3 days, so the hard part is gonna be accumulating funds, which I've already started doing. I could technically pay for flights, a room (hotel or hostel, though I'd prefer a hotel even if it's triple the price, and I've looked at a few already), and the 3-day pass by myself, though it would be quite steep given my limited college student budget, so I'm trying to corral support from family too. I'm planting the seeds for Christmas cash, as nobody ever knows what to get me. :LOL:

I know some of you, but for those I don't know, I'm Michael. :) Had a lot of fun with Musers at the CA shows and hopefully we can get something really awesome organized for this also. :D

YAY!!!

Yay!! older....wait smutty musers? Now I have absolutely no idea why you would say that. :ninja::chuckle: Can't wait to meet you either !!!

:dance::\mm/: now, I just have to break it to my hubby and daughter that I'll be in Chicago that weekend....:unsure:

Hmmm . . . maybe we get your husband & daughter to meet up in Chicago with my husband and kids, and then they can all play together there while we "older & smutty musers" (<- would it be wrong to put that on a shirt?) go play at Lolla.

Oh, I love it when a plan comes together! :yesey:

Holy what the Fu-hell!? This reeks of win. Lollapalooza is the shit, its 2 hours from mi casa, and Muse just might play there this August!!

I'm sorry, but I just had to ask. Second cornfield west of Indiana? :LOL: Where exactly is that? And how do you know it's the second?

I've been definitely wanting to go to Lolla, regardless of whether Muse plays (though obviously that would make it that much sweeter). I've never been to a big festival before, and I'd want to go all 3 days, so the hard part is gonna be accumulating funds, which I've already started doing. I could technically pay for flights, a room (hotel or hostel, though I'd prefer a hotel even if it's triple the price, and I've looked at a few already), and the 3-day pass by myself, though it would be quite steep given my limited college student budget, so I'm trying to corral support from family too. I'm planting the seeds for Christmas cash, as nobody ever knows what to get me. :LOL:

I know some of you, but for those I don't know, I'm Michael. :) Had a lot of fun with Musers at the CA shows and hopefully we can get something really awesome organized for this also. :D

Michael! You MUST go! We'll gather all of the socal musers and fly out together. lol. Best of luck to you.

:LOL: I'm going to wait a bit, then book a room with several beds for musers. If you still want to join us, I'll let you know when I do it.

Naomi, you'd forever be my hero. Just let me know when you do it. Also, I just have one other coming with me. I can paypal you the money for our part as soon as I get a form of income coming in.

I just booked my bed at the hostel

I'm ridiculously excited! :D

:awesome: Congrats!

Sod it, going to book the hostel just in case, I can cope with losing £10 if I cancel!

:yesey: Coming all the way from Europe? That's massive dedication. Lol. Good luck with everything. :happy:

My big debate at the moment is whether to plop down money for a hotel or a hostel. I realize that the majority of Musers are gonna find a hostel, but I kinda like a bit of peace and privacy, even if it comes at a greater cost financially. This isn't me being a killjoy; I sort of have some complicated disability stuff. Hard to explain. Regardless, a hotel would probably only be for sleeping, as I'd be obviously spending most of my time with everyone else. If anyone feels they also would want a hotel room, let me know and maybe we can agree on one Muser hotel that's reasonably priced and also not too far from the others.

Michael! You MUST go! We'll gather all of the socal musers and fly out together. lol. Best of luck to you.

And we'll flyyyyyyy, we'll fly tooogeeeetheeer...

*ahem* Apologies. I had a sudden urge to crap on this thread. Won't happen again. (Hint: It probably will happen again. :p)

I'm only like 1 1/2 hours away by train, but I'm considering staying at the hostel just because it would be a pain to get back & forth to the train station from Grant Park. And it would probably be pretty late before I got home each night & I'd have to get up early the next day to get on the train again. I would rather get a room in the hostel on the cheap so I can hang out with some great Musers after the shows every night! :party:

The only problem- my husband... if I tell him I want to stay in a hostel he'll freak out and think I'm going to be murdered. :rolleyes:

Still haven't figured out the price difference in the beds? Can anyone enlighten me?

Archived