• Resistance
    • Undisclosed Desires
    • Guiding Light
    • Exogenesis
    • Uprising
    • Who knows who
    • Neutron Star Collision
    • Helsinki Jam

Uprising, no competition. Everyone knows about Uprising. It's probably Muse's most popular song. I've requested people to play Muse before, and all they'll have is Uprising. It's got very little to it. I love the verses, but the other songs need to get out there. I want people to know about Citizen Erased and New Born.

I've never met a person in real life that's heard of Citizen Erased. I want casual audiences to know about their good songs. We know about them because we love the band. Citizen Erased is popular with people who have heard every song. Casual audiences love Uprising even though they haven't scraped the surface. If people hear more songs, Uprising wouldn't get the amount of attention it currently gets.

I've never met a person in real life that's heard of Citizen Erased. I want casual audiences to know about their good songs. We know about them because we love the band. Citizen Erased is popular with people who have heard every song. Casual audiences love Uprising even though they haven't scraped the surface. If people hear more songs, Uprising wouldn't get the amount of attention it currently gets.

It's almost as if singles get the most attention.

Can you chill with all of your sarcastic comments towards me? It's growing tiresome.

Yes, singles get popularity, but most people I've met can't name a song from Showbiz. Uprising is the only song they know with some knowing Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia.

Can you chill with all of your sarcastic comments towards me? It's growing tiresome.

Yes, singles get popularity, but most people I've met can't name a song from Showbiz. Uprising is the only song they know with some knowing Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia.

Your awful points are growing tiresome.

You don't think that can have anything to do with the fact that Showbiz is 16 years old and was never a very big album? Why would you go for the album Showbiz in terms of songs people know anyways? At least start with an album that actually had some commercial success.

You don't think that can have anything to do with the fact that Showbiz is 16 years old and was never a very big album? Why would you go for the album Showbiz in terms of songs people know anyways? At least start with an album that actually had some commercial success.

My points are subjective and your arguments always ignore my points anyway.

That has nothing to do with it. For one thing, Uprising is more popular than anything from The 2nd Law. And for another, that doesn't matter anyway. I know why it's more popular than Showbiz, but that doesn't mean I should like it and think that Uprising isn't overrated. It is, regardless of when it was released.

You're attacking entirely subjective points. I feel like I'm in the YouTube comments section.

That has nothing to do with it. For one thing, Uprising is more popular than anything from The 2nd Law. And for another, that doesn't matter anyway. I know why it's more popular than Showbiz, but that doesn't mean I should like it and think that Uprising isn't overrated. It is, regardless of when it was released.

You're attacking entirely subjective points. I feel like I'm in the YouTube comments section.

So because Uprising was a more successful single than any of the ones from T2L, it shouldn't matter that Showbiz is 16 years old and didn't get anywhere near the same amount of radio play, number of sales or praise? Yeah no wonder I ignore your points, because they barely exist.

You're totally allowed to think a certain song is overrated, but complaining that a single from 2009 is more famous than an album track from 14 years ago is just redundant. Singles are always gonna be the most popular songs. Deal with it.

So because Uprising was a more successful single than any of the ones from T2L, it shouldn't matter that Showbiz is 16 years old and didn't get anywhere near the same amount of radio play, number of sales or praise? Yeah no wonder I ignore your points, because they barely exist.

You're totally allowed to think a certain song is overrated, but complaining that a single from 2009 is more famous than an album track from 14 years ago is just redundant. Singles are always gonna be the most popular songs. Deal with it.

Christ, where do I start?

1.) You still don't get my point, just like in that other thread. You're twisting the conversation around so it suits your arguments. You're arguing with non existent points, correct, because they're nobody's points. I can't argue with your first paragraph because it has nothing to do with the conversation at all. It's like you're arguing with a post that doesn't exist. Maybe you should read through the conversation again and try to understand it?

2.) I'm not complaining, I'm saying that it's overrated. People think it's a great song when there are better that they haven't heard. I haven't complained once.

1.) You still don't get my point, just like in that other thread. You're twisting the conversation around so it suits your arguments. You're arguing with non existent points, correct, because they're nobody's points. I can't argue with your first paragraph because it has nothing to do with the conversation at all. It's like you're arguing with a post that doesn't exist. Maybe you should read through the conversation again and try to understand it?

2.) I'm not complaining, I'm saying that it's overrated. People think it's a great song when there are better that they haven't heard. I haven't complained once.

Fine then explain to me what "That has nothing to do with it" is referring to? And explain your point about Uprising being more popular than anything from T2L? What are you trying to say?

I don't think you fully understand what 'overrated' means. Well-known =/= overrated.

Fine then explain to me what "That has nothing to do with it" is referring to? And explain your point about Uprising being more popular than anything from T2L? What are you trying to say?

I'm trying to say that I can understand why Uprising is more popular than previous albums, I'd just prefer it if people knew about Muse's masterpieces and could enjoy them. While Uprising is a single and is more popular, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the most deserving song to be popular. I love Uprising, but I believe that it's the most overrated song; that it's been played many times to audiences in the world and audiences love it, while not being in the know of songs us fans love.

I'm not discrediting the song or ignoring facts, I just believe that it's the most overrated song. I guess you could say it can't fit into that category, as an overrated song would have to be one that is heard by everyone and is given too much credit, but I just wanted to post my thoughts on it. The world loves the song and I wish they could hear more of the band's amazing songs.

I don't think you fully understand what 'overrated' means. Well-known =/= overrated.

Yes. When I look back on it, but it still made my point on the topic. I was just posting my thoughts at the time. In this case, I'd probably say Supermassive Black Hole. I'm just glad I can share my thoughts on Uprising's popularity.

I'm trying to say that I can understand why Uprising is more popular than previous albums, I'd just prefer it if people knew about Muse's masterpieces and could enjoy them. While Uprising is a single and is more popular, that doesn't necessarily mean that it's the most deserving song to be popular. I love Uprising, but I believe that it's the most overrated song; that it's been played many times to audiences in the world and audiences love it, while not being in the know of songs us fans love.

I'm not discrediting the song or ignoring facts, I just believe that it's the most overrated song. I guess you could say it can't fit into that category, as an overrated song would have to be one that is heard by everyone and is given too much credit, but I just wanted to post my thoughts on it. The world loves the song and I wish they could hear more of the band's amazing songs.

That didn't explain any of the two parts I asked about but okay.

I don't see how Neutron Star Collision is even "overrated". Most people pan it so it hardly has any standing in anyone's ratings to begin with. Also I don't know why this poll omits Showbiz, by far the most overrated song in the repertoire.

I don't see how Neutron Star Collision is even "overrated". Most people pan it so it hardly has any standing in anyone's ratings to begin with. Also I don't know why this poll omits Showbiz, by far the most overrated song in the repertoire.

:yesey:

This is amusing. How I amuse myself.

Bold is a subjective desire, underlined are statements of the obvious.

Mocking of the stating of the obvious, not an argument against it. Could be interpreted as either playful or unnecessarily snide, due to glass wall of internets. It's Tjet so...

Underlined is a clear appeal for patience.

Italics are more obvious stating. It's not really an argument, just a series of observations.

There is no 'awful point': there is simply no point. There is no 'you should think Uprising is overrated because' Aeterna's argument, and there is no 'you shouldn't think Uprising is overrated because' in Tjet's argument. However, Tjet continues to pursue an argument that doesn't exist.

Bold shows that Aeterna has interpreted Tjet's mocking of them stating the obvious as personal attacks on their opinion, when Aeterna has scarcely stated their opinion, except for the bold in the first quote and posting in the thread in the first place. Aeterna claims to have made subjective points, but by and large their points have been objective.

However, underlined is a blatant fallacy. The circumstances of a release are near intrinsically related to how popular it is.

You're totally allowed to think a certain song is overrated, but complaining that a single from 2009 is more famous than an album track from 14 years ago is just redundant.

Singles are always gonna be the most popular songs. Deal with it.

Bold is the attack on the underlined in the previous quote. Underlined is a clarification that shows openness to opinion.

Bold: Aeterna, having not made a point, asserts that Tjet is arguing against a point that doesnt exist. Which is true. It's just that Aeterna has not realised that they have scarcely made a point.

Italics: Your entire first post was a complaint.

'it' is almost not stated, but it is still vaguely present by the fact that Aeterna posted in the thread in the first place and made the subjective statement in the first post.

So basically, "I think Uprising is the most overrated song. I wish people knew other, more obscure songs. But that is not the way of things." Basically a verbose exposition on the very crux of the thread itself. Pretty funny if you think about it.

Basically this was an argument about absolutely nothing. :LOL: The board is a funny place.

I'm sad to see CE has got 33 votes- putting it ahead of fucking starlight, anyone who voted it should be ashamed ;) Work of genius

I reckon it's because of the lack of diversity and dynamics from the verse and chorus.

Yeah, the quiet sections and moving to the piano are nice contrasts, but not contrasting enough. It's just not as impressive as people make it out to be - I'm sure the live version might be a different situation, because I'm just talking about the studio version.

I'm sad to see CE has got 33 votes- putting it ahead of fucking starlight, anyone who voted it should be ashamed ;) Work of genius

I don't think either are overrated. I love Starlight but it's just been over played live (last tour without guitar at all) which has brought it down a bit for me.

Archived