• Resistance
    • Undisclosed Desires
    • Guiding Light
    • Exogenesis
    • Uprising
    • Who knows who
    • Neutron Star Collision
    • Helsinki Jam

Definitely MK Ultra. It's just not that great and certainly one of the only two songs on TR I almost always skip. Overrated because of it's cult following when infrequently played live. It just isn't that good, sorry.

Definitely MK Ultra. It's just not that great and certainly one of the only two songs on TR I almost always skip. Overrated because of it's cult following when infrequently played live. It just isn't that good, sorry.

i actually like it a lot :D the only thing that annoys me is that the guitar sounds so..."funny"..it should be heavier in my opinion.

i'm wondering why no one took UD?^^

Exogenisis anyone? its good composition and music, its just boring and pointless. replace it with some fuck off riffs and i would be happy. in some reviews it was said as TR's crowning glory. its not. the crowning glory was the artwork cause that was the only good thing about TR.

Exogenisis anyone? its good composition and music, its just boring and pointless. replace it with some fuck off riffs and i would be happy. in some reviews it was said as TR's crowning glory. its not. the crowning glory was the artwork cause that was the only good thing about TR.

if exogenesis is pointless, isn't the whole album pointless?

if the album is poinless, is any album poinless?

if any album is pointless, is muse pointless?

if muse is pointless, is music poinless?

if music is poinless, is all art poinless?

if art is pointless, is any expression pointless?

if anything is pointless, what are we build for someone tell me please!

if exogenesis is pointless, isn't the whole album pointless?

if the album is poinless, is any album poinless?

if any album is pointless, is muse pointless?

if muse is pointless, is music poinless?

if music is poinless, is all art poinless?

if art is pointless, is any expression pointless?

if anything is pointless, what are we build for someone tell me please!

What the fuck are you on about mate.,,....

i'm sorry but it's the crowning glory. :p

and it's not pointless at all....

exogenesis is my favourite song on TR i love all 3 parts, also the lyrics are very interesting.

and TR is not a bad album at all, at first i didn't listen to it except from Uprising (it was the first muse song i heard :D), but after some time i loved (almost) every song on it :D AND i think that guiding light (yes GUIDING LIGHT^^) gets pretty awesome after the guitar solo :D

and UD isn't that bad live so i'm ok with it^^

exogenesis is my favourite song on TR i love all 3 parts, also the lyrics are very interesting.

and TR is not a bad album at all, at first i didn't listen to it except from Uprising (it was the first muse song i heard :D), but after some time i loved (almost) every song on it :D AND i think that guiding light (yes GUIDING LIGHT^^) gets pretty awesome after the guitar solo :D

it's all synts:

electric drums

keytar

background sounds

only the bass is pure so no wonder it sounds live as good as on the CD :p

Its not muse though is it.,... its pretence

Its not muse though is it.,... its pretence

:LOL:.

And what, Citizen Erased, Apocalypse Please, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Take A Bow, Knights Of Cydonia, United States Of Eurasia and Unnatural Selection AREN'T pretentious?

Wow, that's quite possibly one of the most retarded things I've read on here for a while. Muse are all about excess and pretension, it's the bombast, pomp and OTT'ness that draws in the majority of people!

Anyhoo, Exogenesis is barely anything different to what Muse have done before, they just split it into three bits and called it a Symphony to make it sound bigger and more impressive than it actually is. That's not taking anything away from it musically, but any part of Exogenesis could slot into any of Muse's earlier albums as a stand-alone track ('cept Showbiz, ofc).

its pretence for muse, muse are the most random band ever, but exogenisis is like, what the hell were you on, either make a symphony, or a song about 'exogenisis' but dont coombine the both and ruin some great composition with lyrics that suit OOS

It's not pretence for Muse though, in any way, shape or form :erm:.

And Muse are nowhere near to being the 'most random band of all time' - what does that even mean, anyways? Diverse? Off-the-wall? Eclectic?

+1. That's too vague of a statement.

As for Exogenesis, it may not be the epitome of a 'symphony', but I personally like that they've incorporated lyrics and it isn't purely symphonic; it adds greater depth to all three parts, even if the lyrics aren't the best in the world. And the OoS overtones make me a bit nostalgic, thus I like the lyrics more :chuckle:.

I do agree that it might have been trying too hard to be something and then ended up being a whole mix of things - is it a symphony; a prog-rock masterpiece; an orchestral composition; a neo-classical space-rock gargantuan sonata?! Maybe it's somewhere in between all of these, but the outcome works brilliantly, imo. It deserves to be praised (and rated) over :p.

Among Muse fans, Bliss. It really isn't that great. New Born, Tiro, Hysteria, Knights, Citizen Erased and Exogenesis are also close.

Among other people, Knights, Uprising, SMBH, Starlight, and Tiro. Only songs I've heard mentioned. (probably because they're singles)

Archived