Should Citizen Erased be on the set-list?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Should Citizen Erased be on the set-list?

Appreciation Threads are the new "OMG I HAVE THE TRACKLISTING FOR THE NEW ALBUM" threads:LOL:.

Anyway, this ones slightly overrated in my opinion, but still great. My favourite moment is in the bridge where the guitar and bass play the riff at the same time. Immense. Also, the solo is probably one of the best that Matt's done, if not THE best (though Sunburn may be).

I luffs this song too! I think I need to take a break of it though, because suddenly the amazing parts have gotten a lot softer. I don't know if it's the volume or overthinking it, but something happened. Oh well, go back to obsessing over New Born for awhile. :LOL:

But yes, we are bored. We have NOTHING to talk about here. :rolleyes:

Overrated.

I agree.

The beginning of this song just seems really sloppy to me, can't really explain it, might have something to do with the drums. Nevertheless, the middle to end of this song is absolutely incredible.

I agree.

The beginning of this song just seems really sloppy to me, can't really explain it, might have something to do with the drums. Nevertheless, the middle to end of this song is absolutely incredible.

According to Muse Wiki the song was written around a drum beat Dom created.....:LOL:

But I agree, I really like it once it slows down then picks back up again. Like Micro Cuts it took me a little while to get into it, but I like it, enough to write in the designated appreciatory thread:p

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was looking over the set-list for the teignmouth and Paris gigs, and I couldn't find Citizen Erased anywhere!

It's not a secret that Citizen Erased is a favourite among the Muse fans and I just can't belive that I won't be able to hear it live this year... I'm really upset about this.

So is it just me, or should this massive song be on the set-list?

What do you guys think?

Might move this to S&R as it is mainly about one song rather than the gigs and tours themselves.

But to answer your question, because it is an old song. It isn't a single. Not everyone likes it. It requires its own guitar that is only used on that song. It takes up over 7 minutes that can be used to play new material or bring back older material that hasn't been played as often. Band are possibly bored of it.

Might move this to S&R as it is mainly about one song rather than the gigs and tours themselves.

But to answer your question, because it is an old song. It isn't a single. Not everyone likes it. It requires its own guitar that is only used on that song. It takes up over 7 minutes that can be used to play new material or bring back older material that hasn't been played as often.

Besides, there's nothing to say that it wouldn't appear as a rarity on this tour.

I'd rather hear this song than almost any other song on their discography but I'm prepared for the fact I probably won't hear it.

Just rest in the knowledge that we'll still probably get a lot of other live favourites - New Born, Stockholm Syndrome, Knights of Cydonia and Hysteria almost certainly. :yesey:

I'd rather hear this song than almost any other song on their discography but I'm prepared for the fact I probably won't hear it.

Just rest in the knowledge that we'll still probably get a lot of other live favourites - New Born, Stockholm Syndrome, Knights of Cydonia and Hysteria almost certainly. :yesey:

Yeah I guess... I just don't understand why they're playing Cave instead of one of the most powerful songs ^^

Yeah I guess... I just don't understand why they're playing Cave instead of one of the most powerful songs ^^

Because Cave is an oldie that hasn't been played in ages and it was a real treat to be able to hear it :happy:

Given the choice I would rather have Muscle Museum or Micro Cuts than CE on this tour.

Cave won't be a regular on the setlist - tbh, they only played that at Tinmuff because they promised a song off the first album for their hometown.

They'll bring a few older songs back but I'm not really sure whether they'll be ambitious enough to bother with anything on OOS/Showbiz apart from NB, PIB and FG.

All of which are better live songs.

Citizen Erased sounded crap on the BH&R tour anyways. If they brought it back and it sounded like it did at Glastonbury, I'd care.

I agree. it sounded a lot better at Glastonbury and Hullabaloo, but it's still one of my favourites and it's one of the songs I was most eager to hear.

Archived