Bellamy obviously acted like a dick in that interview after all the work they'd put into making it interesting, and if I was that interviewer I'd probably hate him too.

BUT

I've watched/read a lot of interviews with Bellamy over the years and he's never come across as anything other than friendly/charming/funny. I guess he's grown up since those early days.

This guy needs to let it go already.

I usually stay clear of these types of threads because, to be honest, in the nicest possible way I don't care what Muse are like in real life. Their offstage actions don't in any way affect my enjoyment of their music.

I guess it is a bit of a twattish way to act, but then, I've never been one to make any kind of effort when in a social situation I'd rather not be, either.

Seeing as the interviewer was obnoxiously asking the same personal question that Bellamy obviously didnt want to answer, he had the right to be a dick back. But really, almost 10 years ago and this guy still wants people to comfort and console his bad day with Matt by taking on a massive hatred for Muse? How immature.

Wow, that guy seems to have a big chip on his shoulder anyway. The way I see it is the interviewer even with help from a "fan" went completely over the top with the props and jokes. I would probably be a bit perturbed as well.

To hold a grudge for so long (and also to blame Matt for the MTV editing, which isn't anything to do with him) is pretty sad really.

He doesn't have to like the band, but his grudge is pretty lame.

Well as a pillar of virtue myself who behaves impecably in every social situation I think this is appalling behaviour! :p:LOL: Nah I'm surprised tbh I've never noticed anything like that reported previously. In all their years as a band they must have upset someone. And I can well imagine Matt in a strop :chuckle:, particularly in the early days of Muse. Perhaps this blogger thinks he might cash in on Matt's newly elevated gossip mag status! :rolleyes:

And of course this kind of thing only puts over one viewpoint. Going by the reported reactions of Chris and Dom too, my guess is there was something seriously wrong with the situation. Perhaps Matt didn't think it was a laugh a minute being asked about his experiences with the police.

And of course this kind of thing only puts over one viewpoint. Going by the reported reactions of Chris and Dom too, my guess is there was something seriously wrong with the situation. Perhaps Matt didn't think it was a laugh a minute being asked about his experiences with the police.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Of course they aren't perfect and everyone has bad days but generally in interviews they come across as witty, charming, and self-deprecating. It seems out of character for them to act the way this guy says they did... I'd bet there's more to the story.

Wow. If that's the worst interviewing experience this guy's ever had, he's one lucky fucking journo. When I read his leadup I thought he'd say Matt threw something at him or flat told him to fuck off. I'm not just saying this just to blindly defend Matt, but I don't see what the big deal is that Matt got irked and became curt when asked a prodding and rude question. In my writing years I got snapped at a lot for asking questions far more innocuous than that, but I can't think of anyone I would hold a huge grudge against over it. People have good days and bad, they have hot buttons, they have fears, pet peeves, etc. While it certainly doesn't feel good to have someone turn cold on you during an interview, any interviewer with any empathetic capability would be able to move on from something this mundane over 10 years time. :rolleyes:

I thought that was hilarious :D All in all, an entertaining read.

Yep! :D I liked the bit about Matt turning round and walking off in the other direction as fast as his legs would take him.:chuckle:

I rather liked stroppy Matt! How outspoken he was and the way he would always do the exact opposite of what he was told! :LOL:

I still like him as he is now as well though.:)

Archived