^^ Apparently he used to get in a lot of bar fights, though, which he always lost!

Just to clarify in the event that overseas Musers are more familiar with definitions for "clocked" other than #2: in American parlance, if you clock someone, you've really hit him hard. For Matt to have clocked this guy with a single punch, it'd have to have been a hard hit, probably to the nose or jaw, and delivered with enough power to leave the guy reeling or on the floor. We're not talking about a bitch-slap here!

^^ Apparently he used to get in a lot of bar fights' date=' though, [b'] which he always lost! [/b]

Just to clarify in the event that overseas Musers are more familiar with definitions for "clocked" other than #2: in American parlance, if you clock someone, you've really hit him hard. For Matt to have clocked this guy with a single punch, it'd have to have been a hard hit, probably to the nose or jaw, and delivered with enough power to leave the guy reeling or on the floor. We're not talking about a bitch-slap here!

no wonder why! :chuckle:

Here is a snapshot of that interview:

We take the police hat out of the fridge

ETM: So, Matt, ever been in trouble with the rozzers...?

MB: No.

ETM: [fully aware that there was a good story here] Hang on, are you sure?

MB: Yes.

ETM: [feeling increasingly uncomfortable] Erm, are you absolutely sure about that? Not even a little spot of bother with a local bobby in Teignmouth?

ETM: Wow, you really don't want to be here do you?

:LOL:

Seems like a piss poor interviewer, why repeatedly ask the same question when someone has said no? It's like trying to get blood from a stone.

The guy seems rather up himself but this bit made me laugh :LOL::

Bellendamy was about to walk towards the lift, clocked me, turned around and walked in the polar opposite direction as fast as his little legs could carry him.

^^ Apparently he used to get in a lot of bar fights, though, which he always lost!

Oh my god DOES IT MATTER

Couldn't find the Muse interview, but found Eddie Temple Morris interviewing Mansun.:$

By the look of it they enjoyed Eddie's interviewing technique aswell:p

Here we go... Here's Eddie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQa5W6ayEs

:LOL: They couldn't look more bored.

Just realised ETM is a DJ on my favourite radio station. I don't like his show anyway :phu:

2. Not listening to someone's music purely because of the artist's personality is the stupidest thing I've ever know. For instance: if Hitler made good music, I'd listen to it.

If Hitler built streets, I'd drive on them.

+1,000,000 to dead-duck's long answer to Chizzle from a few pages back. I tried to do the proper link, but Doris failed me...

I take it the intended meaning of "clocked" is, to refer to its Urban Dictionary entry, "5) Observed, recorded, noted" as opposed to "2) Beaten, bashed, punished"? As an American, I was very familiar with the latter, but had never heard of the former... so I initially assumed the writer was claiming he'd actually been hit! But there's a huge difference between Matt's seeing this guy and avoiding him, and seeing this guy, impulsively punching him, and then walking away (as fast as his little legs could carry him, hee-hee)...

Yep, me too. Thanks for clarifying. :LOL:

He must of asked Matt 'Are you going to change the setlists up at all for the Resistance tour'?

Matt: 'NO'

:LOL:

So I just read that entire thing it it just sounds as if he's got a grudge against Matt. Well, obviously. But really? You need to blog about it 10 years later?

"One of the videos played was by Muse, and I, in my usual overly honest way, told Zane's audience how my TV interview with Muse had gone so tits up, and how Matt was so horrid that I'd gone home afterwards and thrown out all my Muse CDs, including their demo and first single."

Mature.

Well I do think Matt acted like a cunt, but the interviewer totally overreacted! going home and throwing away all his Muse cd's.. :LOL:. A 10 year grudge? wow. I've had people be assholes to me 2 years ago and I've forgiven them/forgotten about it. Anyway, Matt was hardly a kid when this interview took place, so that shouldn't be an excuse. He was what, 22 ten years ago? He should have been more mature instead of acting like a baby because he couldn't see some band play. But then again some other things could have went on to make him upset so who knows.

I just read the whole thing and while I do think they can be rude or whatever from time to time, I still feel we're not hearing the complete story (would LOVE to watch a clip of this interview) and that the blog post now is as childish as the reaction of throwing out all the cds was back then.

Couldn't find the Muse interview, but found Eddie Temple Morris interviewing Mansun.:$

By the look of it they enjoyed Eddie's interviewing technique aswell:p

Here we go... Here's Eddie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQa5W6ayEs

ohmyblog this is both hilarious and tragic :LOL: I feel sorry for those guys

Archived