" Matt's histrionics, combined with that awful, overblown, post-Queen tribute band thing have only served to make me hate them more. They are The Darkness, minus self awareness."

:stunned::stunned::stunned:

okay.

I guess people aren't allowed to have bad days.

Or answer questions with 'yes' and 'no'.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

poor dude.

okay.

I guess people aren't allowed to have bad days.

Or answer questions with 'yes' and 'no'.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

poor dude.

Quite simply, no.

You're always going to have good & bad days, but you can't go taking it out on other people, if you want to be in the music industry (Or any industry in fact, can't go about being rude to customers or other staff members in any job), you have to be nice constantly, regardless of how you're feeling.

Think about it from the interviewer's perspective, he's interviewing a band he's excited about and they turn up and make his job really difficult and to be honest, one word answers in interviews reflect badly on the band themselves, as they are another way of advertising/selling the band and Muse have never been a reclusive/one word answer band.

Quite simply, no.

You're always going to have good & bad days, but you can't go taking it out on other people, if you want to be in the music industry (Or any industry in fact, can't go about being rude to customers or other staff members in any job), you have to be nice constantly, regardless of how you're feeling.

Think about it from the interviewer's perspective, he's interviewing a band he's excited about and they turn up and make his job really difficult and to be honest, one word answers in interviews reflect badly on the band themselves, as they are another way of advertising/selling the band and Muse have never been a reclusive/one word answer band.

If they were like it in lots of interviews, they most probably wouldn't be helping themselves, whether or not they had good reason to be short with an interviewer, but one interview, years ago, when the interviewer asked a rude question, when the majority of time they are polite and easy going, I think they can be forgiven for.

Tbh I don't really know why this thread is still going. Apart from that it is funny. I personally don't give a toss if they are obnoxious to every little arsewipe they come across tbh. I don't expect them to suck up to idiots.

If they were like it in lots of interviews, they most probably wouldn't be helping themselves, whether or not they had good reason to be short with an interviewer, but one interview, years ago, when the interviewer asked a rude question, when the majority of time they are polite and easy going, I think they can be forgiven for.

Tbh I don't really know why this thread is still going. Apart from that it is funny. I personally don't give a toss if they are obnoxious to every little arsewipe they come across tbh. I don't expect them to suck up to idiots.

That is true, I was just making the point that you can't go about being rude to people because you're having a bad day, it's not excusable unless you're a 6 year old child. I'm hardly going to start thinking Matt is a dick based on one anecdote from 10 years ago.

Quite simply, no.

Well, actually you can be a Grade A Prick and succeed in the music, sport, art, movie industries, as well as plenty of other industries (for example ... the media). I can think of plenty. My thoughts when I read this story, as well as when I saw the interview someone posted earlier in this thread, were: This guy has done hundreds of interviews, hundreds ... if these two "pouty" moments are the worst folks can come up with out of all the interviews he's done, if this is all the evidence in the case against Matthew Bellamy, he's doing pretty goddamn well. I work in the media, and I've seen the kinds of crap interviewers press interviewees with. Subjects lose their temper with prodding, tactless interviewers. Even really, really nice guys (i.e., people I got to know fairly well that I knew were nice guys). One obnoxious question can end or ruin an interview for the rest of us easily. Have you seriously never seen someone storm out of a press conference? Yell during a press conference? Make a snippy comment? I'm sure I'll just accused of hero-worshipping Matt, but seriously, this is a ridiculous incrimination of anyone. There have been times when I've been kind of short with someone, and I'd hate to think my entire character would judged by it 10 years later.

I don't feel terribly sorry for this interviewer because he asked a rude question, pushed it and pushed it, and then held a 10-year grudge about it. In my industry you have to have tact, too. You have to learn when to back off. And you have to move on when someone is rude to you. You might even have to interview them again, so you suck it up and act cordial and curse them when you're alone in your car. You know? This writer is the kind of guy that gives media a bad name.

That is true, I was just making the point that you can't go about being rude to people because you're having a bad day, it's not excusable unless you're a 6 year old child. I'm hardly going to start thinking Matt is a dick based on one anecdote from 10 years ago.

Maybe it's different outside the U.S., but here, it's pretty much the human way to act like a 6-year-old arse to others when you are having a bad day.:LOL: I do agree with the principle of trying to be pleasant to others even when I'm torn up inside, but often I feel like I'm one of few people who makes that effort.:$

Well, actually you can be a Grade A Prick and succeed in the music, sport, art, movie industries, as well as plenty of other industries (for example ... the media). I can think of plenty.

True, but they are often brown-nosing the people that they think are useful to them. If you're just a prick to everyone, you're going nowhere, unless you're seriously good at what you do, but that never works in the music industry.

Maybe it's different outside the U.S., but here, it's pretty much the human way to act like a 6-year-old arse to others when you are having a bad day.:LOL: I do agree with the principle of trying to be pleasant to others even when I'm torn up inside, but often I feel like I'm one of few people who makes that effort.:$

Here no one appreciates it and you'd be told that immediately or in so many words. :)

Maybe people shouldn't generalise entire countries.

I was pretty much kidding. I encounter mostly extremely nice people every day even in cities that have a bad rep for having "rude" people. But I don't think it's a stretch to say some regions celebrate polite character more than others. I wouldn't seriously pass sweeping judgment on places I've never even been ... I was just taking a poke at the way people often think it's acceptable to act in general. I thought the ":LOL:" after it would be enough to mark it as jovial. I like my country, I like people, I'm very quick to forgive if not embrace their flaws.

Maybe people shouldn't generalise entire countries.

It's not clever, but there are subtle differences, but they do get driven into daft stereotypes, when they are actually somewhat subtle.

I have never been told to watch my language in a British pub, have in the USA, but that hardly represents everyone there. If you ever get to watch In The Loop, the same thing happens in that, all the British characters are full on gutter talk, the Americans I don't think swear at all and even bring it up against the British characters who are. :chuckle:

I kinda feel for the interviewer. Muse was one of his favorite bands then Matt comes in acting like a douche :(. I'd be sad too. I do understand him throwing all his Muse demos he had. I met this one band that was rude and mean and after I just couldn't listen to their music anymore.

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes it's not a matter of immaturity, you just can't listen to them anymore because they're always associated with that memory.

Archived