I commented on it because there's so many obsessives here that seem to think that stuff like this really matters. At the end of the day, people here should like Muse because they like the music, and they should not really give a flying fuck what others say or think about them. The amount of times I've seen people get overly-defensive about other people's opinions is staggering. Every time I've said something negative about them I get jumped on with replies like "Fuck you", "Call yourself a Muse fan?", "Well fuck off somewhere else then". That's not the balanced reply of someone thinking clearly.

Some guy on a blog says Bellamy is a dick. He's probably right, but at the end of the day nobody here is ever going to know whether he is or not, because all anyone has to go on is what comes out in interviews, Bellamy's public face. Behind the scenes he's probably a totally different person. But why do people care? If they like the music, then cool. But there's no need to place some rock star up on a pedestal like he's the greatest person ever to have lived like some people here do. It makes me wonder how many people here claim to like Muse, but it's only because they really fancy Bellamy and are forcing themselves to like their music so they have an excuse to keep fancying him.

/rant

:awesome: You have just read my mind. :LOL:

I commented on it because there's so many obsessives here that seem to think that stuff like this really matters. At the end of the day, people here should like Muse because they like the music, and they should not really give a flying fuck what others say or think about them. The amount of times I've seen people get overly-defensive about other people's opinions is staggering. Every time I've said something negative about them I get jumped on with replies like "Fuck you", "Call yourself a Muse fan?", "Well fuck off somewhere else then". That's not the balanced reply of someone thinking clearly.

Some guy on a blog says Bellamy is a dick. He's probably right, but at the end of the day nobody here is ever going to know whether he is or not, because all anyone has to go on is what comes out in interviews, Bellamy's public face. Behind the scenes he's probably a totally different person. But why do people care? If they like the music, then cool. But there's no need to place some rock star up on a pedestal like he's the greatest person ever to have lived like some people here do. It makes me wonder how many people here claim to like Muse, but it's only because they really fancy Bellamy and are forcing themselves to like their music so they have an excuse to keep fancying him.

/rant

In the same way, though, I can't tell you how many times I've seen people on this board preemptively declaring that people on the board are too obsessed, everyone is so oversensitive, why does everyone always defend the band, etc. all without anyone having done anything of the sort during that particular conversation.

It's like in the KH threads where you've got an opening post with some stupid story followed by like 4 pages of people joking about how stupid the whole thing is, then someone comes in with some long rant about how "ITS MATTS LIFE WHY DO U CARE SO MUCH! WHY R U PICKIN ON HIM?! MODS CLOSE THIS THREDD!!!!" or "Why are all you pathetic gossip mongers in here talking about this story that doesn't matter at all? You make me SICK!" and I want to say "I'm sorry, are we all reading the same thread?" :LOL:

Honestly, I don't know which, if either, I find more tiresome. The people who are way to oversensitive about any criticism of the band or the people who believe themselves to be the self-appointed gatekeepers of what is important and what isn't or what should be discussed here and how. I'm not saying you're necessarily one of these people, but it's like there's two schools of thought on this board, opposite sides of the same coin, wherein you're either not a "true fan" if you ever criticize the band, or you're just an "obsessive" unless you constantly criticize them. Can haz midle groun plz? Why does everyone have to be so freaking concerned about whether or not they approve of other peoples' behavior?

BTW I see very little connection between what you've just posted and the post I originally replied to. Your original comment didn't sound to me like some sort of indictment of the board, but rather a random bit of commentary on the topic at hand. That's why I said you should ask yourself when wondering "who cares"... my point being why do you assume that everyone replying (except you, of course) must have some life altering stake in the story at hand? It's obvious you don't think the story is very important, but that didn't stop you from commenting on it. Why do you assume that everyone else must be different?

1. This interview was nearly 10 years ago. I'd be an solopolistic little cunt trying to be all angsty too. Plus, this dude really needs to let go of grudges.

2. Not listening to someone's music purely because of the artist's personality is the stupidest thing I've ever know. For instance: if Hitler made good music, I'd listen to it.

3. The number of interviews they've done now, in each one you can see Matt 'playing the game'.

Yeah, Muse suck, but Bellamy is pretty hot.

Well myself, I feel truly let down. My prince has not delivered this time. I just bared that awful music just to watch that stunning hunk of a man and I'm not sure I can do that any more! :p:LOL:

Well myself, I feel truly let down. My prince has not delivered this time. I just bared that awful music just to watch that stunning hunk of a man and I'm not sure I can do that any more! :p:LOL:

Wait........... Matt Bellamy writes and performs music?! :pope:

Seriously, I had no clue. I'll have to check it out....

I have a feeling it went a little like this...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCKw09SJntY[/YT]

he comes off as such a cunt here :chuckle:, but considering the other 99% of interviews he's done, he seems like a polite enough and talkative person :happy:

I didn't think there would be :srsb33f: about this :erm:

Yes I still wonder what this interviewer did to deserve this kind of treatment :LOL:

Hilarious though...stroppy Matt.

he comes off as such a cunt here :chuckle:, but considering the other 99% of interviews he's done, he seems like a polite enough and talkative person :happy:

that interview is a bad example. matt is clearly having an off day and the interviewer asks poorly prepared and stupid questions. honestly i wouldn't blame matt if he'd taken that n00b mtv intern and thrown him into the harbor...but of course he's not strong enough to accomplish such a feat. :p

where's the b33f ?

seriously...i'm haven't read anything but your post...

Aww you're a bit harsh really when you say that. And I'm not trying to cause b33f. It's just that Matt strikes me as maybe even a bit upset in this interview. Who knows what happened before but they have to perform to cue and occasionally, maybe, it's not a good moment. (I wouldn't want to call him a cunt, I'd want to give him a hug after that, there was obviously something wrong).

HOLY SHIT! Dom got to talk without getting interrupted by Matt all the time!

Matt might've been upset about something. At 3.45ish, '...but there aren't any", I thought he was either going to cry or try and headbutt the interviewer.

I was struck by what he said about BHaR, maybe the same bit, about people expecting anthems but there weren't any. I think he was having a down/lack of confidence moment. Awww! :(

Anyway it did well! :)

1. This interview was nearly 10 years ago. I'd be an solopolistic little cunt trying to be all angsty too. Plus, this dude really needs to let go of grudges.

2. Not listening to someone's music purely because of the artist's personality is the stupidest thing I've ever know. For instance: if Hitler made good music, I'd listen to it.

3. The number of interviews they've done now, in each one you can see Matt 'playing the game'.

This. He was practically a teenager then. In rather an angsty rock band, doing quite well. Of course he was acting like a cunt. :LOL:

Your second point... I dunno. I like some of U2's songs, but I can't get over the cuntiness of Bono to call myself a fan of the band I'm afraid.

Your third point... Yeah his interview technique has definitely improved since he grew up and doesn't take himself so seriously. :LOL:

Matt might've been upset about something. At 3.45ish, '...but there aren't any", I thought he was either going to cry or try and headbutt the interviewer.

aw you're right :supersad:

and no worries, I wasn't *actually* calling matt a cunt, I'm just acknowledging that he could come off that way in certain interviews, even though it might just be due to something personal/professional that's upsetting him :$ not necessarily the interviewer.

Oh dear :LOL:

They looked like they'd rather be anywhere than being interviewed. Looks like they had a heavy night of partying or something before hand. Matt looks like he'd about to throw up/fall asleep any minute :LOL:

Archived