I've been getting so much hate at school right now for being a Muse fan, from friends and chavs alike! Does anyone else experience this at school, home, college, work etc. ? :(

How can there be so much Muse hate around at the moment from people who have never even heard their music? Just wondering if I'm alone... :supersad:

No I do too, but you're going to get hate for any band you might like.

I'n the words of the Offspring: "It's cool to hate"

PS. I quite dislike the offspring but my brother is obsessed -.-' and that song was just on about a min ago

People are rude. They don't care what band you might like. My friend absolutely hates them, but has only listened to Uprising and SMBH. :indiff:

She would love them if she had a more open mind. She likes just about anything (Franz Ferdinand, Fall Out Boy, Cobra Starship, etc.) and the only reason why she hates them is because "The lead singer sings like a girl." :shifty:

God yes. I get so much abuse for them being so 'emo ' :indiff:. Most of my mates don't even bother listening to them, they just hate on them to piss me off, but I have managed to convert one of them (from Radiohead, lol).

Victory Fanfare! :party:

I was wearing Muse shirts everyday I could before the concerts I went to, and people were like "Okay, do you own any shirts besides Muse shirts?"

And then these same people went into long rants about how Matt's voice sucks and how their music sucks and everything.

I get all sorts of grief for liking Muse.

Half of my friends I converted to Muse obsessors, the other half I converted to haters.

At school in general though, when I'm wearing my muse shirt people are usually pretty complimentary, "hey man, awesome band" or "they're pretty damn good".

Then I say "wait until you've seen what they do live!"

Nah. There aren't really haters, except for this one kid who only listened to SMBH and Uprising, but he hasn't really bugged me about it except one time. There's a couple of Muse fans at my school, and most of the time people are busy hating against the (sadly, somewhat numerous) Justin Beaver fans.

man, some of these stories sound terrible!

If anyone happens to notice my muse shirt at school, it's usually goes something like,

"oh! i like your shirt!"

"thanks, did you see their concert?"

"naw, I wish, I bet it was awesome."

"it was. :eek:"

I get the feeling that they don't know muse too well, just a couple of songs like starlight ect., but how can anyone actually hate on muse? :( They seem to be pretty well respected round here. It's justin beaver that gets all the hate.

I never get muse love. :( Its always hate, people at my school yell abuse at me because I like them. Its not like I even talk about them to anyone, apparently listening to good music is bad. I dont think anyone in a 20km area even likes muse...

But that doesn't deter me, in the words of Kurt Cobain "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not"

I only know 3 people at school that like muse.

In maths sometimes we each get to pick a song for everyone to listen to. So i pick muse songs. I usually get people shouting "what crappy music is this?!l". "he sounds like a right girl!" or "turn this junk off! Put some proper music on like jay-z or dizzie rascal!"

there are alot of haters at my school!

I use my muse messenger bag for school, some people say its gay! >:(

Not really. I can probably count the number of people I know who like Muse on the fingers of one hand. But apart from that, everyone seems to either be indifferent to them or not have heard of them at all.

But then Im quite introverted anyway and dont really display my love for Muse, so if I wore a Muse shirt or something I might get a reaction, I dont know.

Not really hate, but I do get abused for liking them. It's ridiculous, I have a friend who bought The Resistance because I told him to, he had only heard Knights of Cydonia beforehand, and then he got it and said it was shit and now he dislikes me :mad:

I do have friends who understand that everyone has different tastes, and I have a friend that loves Muse. So really you just learn to say f*** you and forget about them :D

I like to wear my Muse shirts to uni and one of the girls in my course always does this big, dramatic :rolleyes: whenever I do. It's a bit funny really, considering I am the one actually wearing a shirt whereas she usually wears next to nothing.

I like to wear my Muse shirts to uni and one of the girls in my course always does this big, dramatic :rolleyes: whenever I do. It's a bit funny really, considering I am the one actually wearing a shirt whereas she usually wears next to nothing.

:LOL:

There is absolutely nobody i know who likes muse, except for my maths teacher. Maybe that's why maths became my favourite lesson :p

Every oportunity he had to play music, out comes the ipod, on comes muse! everybody bar me hated it, but me/my teacher always ended up having good conversations about songs....especially after the release of NSC :LOL:

Archived