I don't know anyone else except my sister who likes Muse. All my friends tease me about it and people I'm not familiar with talk about me liking Muse (and that being the only thing I say) when I'm not even there (I have sources)

Even my boyfriend teases me about liking Muse and about him hating muse and he's seeing them with me in december.

Nope, never had a problem with my friends mocking my taste in music! That's most probably because it tends to be kids and young adults who are childish enough to rip someone apart for their musical taste so as an adult I escape all of that juvenile nonsense.

mmyeah,my relatives are showing the big hate.especially my sis,she keeps saying : ''aren't you sick of them?'' ''just wait for a year,and then you're gonna listen to something else.''Lol,I've been a Muse fan for many years and she doesn't understand that. :stunned:

and I'm sorry to do this but... It's charv mate! Sorry.

Aaahh, where I come from it's 'chav'... Yorkshire?

I used to get hate for Queen :LOL:

Yupp, hate for Queen, hate for Muse, hate for The Beatles: I've had it all...

I never get muse love. :( Its always hate, people at my school yell abuse at me because I like them. Its not like I even talk about them to anyone, apparently listening to good music is bad. I dont think anyone in a 20km area even likes muse...

But that doesn't deter me, in the words of Kurt Cobain "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not"

Exactly... That's why I spend every IT lesson I get on muse.mu so I can get some love :D

yes.

most frequently at this board. you'll be accused of being a 'fangirl' (said in a pejorative way :p)

Well then maybe I am a fangirl... but it's better than being one of those people who call themselves fans and just spend thread after thread slagging them off... :indiff:

Well then maybe I am a fangirl... but it's better than being one of those people who call themselves fans and just spend thread after thread slagging them off... :indiff:

Yes ironic really! This is actually the only place I receive hatred for liking Muse.

I get a bit of grief from my kids, but that's only because I play their music so much! :LOL: Plus my daughter thinks their music is emo and she has an aversion to emos which is quite funny really.

Yes ironic really! This is actually the only place I receive hatred for liking Muse.

I get a bit of grief from my kids, but that's only because I play their music so much! :LOL: Plus my daughter thinks their music is emo and she has an aversion to emos which is quite funny really.

I've noticed hatred for musers on the muse message board too.. odd...

I'm confused...

How can Brits hate their AWESOME rock bands?

Is there some sort of trade-off? Americans get kick ass Brit rock, Brits get lame ass American pop/hip-hop.

:LOL: Brit rock is almost non-existent in Australia (where I live at least), whereas all the American shit is played to death and worshiped. Maybe Brit rock is rejected all throughout the Commonwealth :eek:

I'm confused...

How can Brits hate their AWESOME rock bands?

Is there some sort of trade-off? Americans get kick ass Brit rock, Brits get lame ass American pop/hip-hop.

Well, *she says in her superior being voice :p* it would appear that 99% of the kids I know worship that American shit too... they are brainwashed to love pop and hip hop etc. by the media, and idiots who know nothing about real music. They therefore "hate" all other genres and dismiss them as crap without giving them a chance...

It's pretty hard being a classic rock fan in 21st century Yorkshire :facepalm:

Well, *she says in her superior being voice :p* it would appear that 99% of the kids I know worship that American shit too... they are brainwashed to love pop and hip hop etc. by the media, and idiots who know nothing about real music. They therefore "hate" all other genres and dismiss them as crap without giving them a chance...

:yesey:

Much as I dislike most American 'rock' music I'd never call someone an 'idiot' for enjoying it. Your attitude is no different to that of the people who give you grief for your taste in music.

Much as I dislike most American 'rock' music I'd never call someone an 'idiot' for enjoying it. Your attitude is no different to that of the people who give you grief for your taste in music.

They're not idiots for liking the American stuff, but I have found in my experience that the people who do like it: are idiots of their own right. Sorry, that might not've been clear.

Hmmm... Let's see...

One of my "friends" (quotation marks because we used to be best friends but now I don't know what to think of her now. I'll just say acquaintance.) purposely tells me Muse sucks which pisses me off. & my idiotic sister hates any music I love. :mad:

I guess being an American, I'm constantly surrounded by (IMO) a load of crap. So when I find an awesome band from Britain (and Europe in general), it makes me happy to know that there is (again, IMO) good music somewhere.

What I don't like is when someone I talk to says "Muse? Never heard of them. They must not be popular!". Too which, I reply, "They sell out arenas and stadiums in Europe and the rest of the world, and have been recently selling out arenas here in the U.S.". That usually shuts them up.

Well, i get that "hate" at home, from my brother but i think he just says that MUSE sucks to annoy me... (and he succeeds ->is this right? i'm not sure, but anyways...)

And then i get that "hate" in college, because one of my friends says oooohh, i used to like MUSE, but then they went all poppy and become total sell outs! and their last album is shit, and so on...

i just want to say shut the fuck up, well actually i say it but she is cool (even if she says this crap about MUSE, wich i also believe its to annoy me, but ok...) so no harm done :LOL:

I guess being an American, I'm constantly surrounded by (IMO) a load of crap. So when I find an awesome band from Britain (and Europe in general), it makes me happy to know that there is (again, IMO) good music somewhere.

What I don't like is when someone I talk to says "Muse? Never heard of them. They must not be popular!". Too which, I reply, "They sell out arenas and stadiums in Europe and the rest of the world, and have been recently selling out arenas here in the U.S.". That usually shuts them up.

oh, and like a month ago a friend of mine asked me who were MUSE!! and i'm from Europe!

I was like: SERIOUSLY????!!! Do you live in this planet?? :eek::eek:

one thing i hate about people is the whole 'oh never heard about them, seems like they're not popular, hence they're shit' thing. uhm what about NO.

i mean in general, not talking about muse.

i was chatting with some friends, and they asked me what was my fav album of 2009.

i said Hospice by The Antlers. none of them heard about them, not a big deal.

but that guy started talking shit about them, like they're not famous because their music is crap, bla bla bla. dude, wtf? you don't even know who queen are, does it mean their music is shit as well?! just shut up and go back to david guess, thank you.

:facepalm:

Archived