Is opening with MK Ultra a good thing?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Is opening with MK Ultra a good thing?

• Fuck Yes!
    • Yeah, why not
    • Keep it in the set but open with something else
    • Hate it! Drop it now!
    • I hate Matt Bellamy

showbiz should start no doubt< the build_up is just perfect imo, and still, it's not as epic as KoC or MK Ultra but Showbiz ends on a high note and I think they should fire straight into another song.

well it's not related to opening songs, i just wanted to say, showbiz is definitely an epic song, one of their very best. for me showbiz > both, hehe.

I'm seriously hoping they don't do uprising as the opener in the aus tour, they did it for BDO and should try something else.

MK ultra is cool but it doesn't have the massive rush of energy at the start, builds up a bit steady.

Bring on TSP haha..... I wish...

amazing fucking intro + uprising will be the opening of the stadium tour 2010 ... cf reharsals @ MK

it's like the haarp tour 2007... TAB is a better opener than KOC but with dance of the knights intro, KOC have to be the opener...

even if MKU is an astonishing opener and "Opening with Knights is anti-climatical because nothing is epic enough to follow it"...

This sounds logical. I could see them opening with MK for like festivals and stuff but intro+uprising being it for stadium shows.

suppose i'll be disagreeing with everyone here, but i dont like it as the opener and loved uprising. MKU is still a great song, and should be one of the regulars every night in my opinion, but i just think the synthy guitar intro doesnt match the impact of the bass riff to open uprising to start a gig, plus Uprising worked really well with We Are The Universe, which is my favourite intro theyve ever done :) Just my opinion anyway

...if it was up to me, they would open with Dead Star or Stockholm Syndrome lol :)

suppose i'll be disagreeing with everyone here, but i dont like it as the opener and loved uprising. MKU is still a great song, and should be one of the regulars every night in my opinion, but i just think the synthy guitar intro doesnt match the impact of the bass riff to open uprising to start a gig, plus Uprising worked really well with We Are The Universe, which is my favourite intro theyve ever done :) Just my opinion anyway

...if it was up to me, they would open with Dead Star or Stockholm Syndrome lol :)

Dead star would be great :D

But I don't see that happening, so I hope they stick with MK Ultra :)

Yesterday it worked really well. The combination chris with pipe + fireworks + MK is really good :LOL:

Now seriously, to be honest I can't decide if I prefer MK or Uprising (TR tour) but it would be nice to keep it, it works well and it is different. It was pretty awesome and the riffs get the crowd ready for what's coming next, worked quite well actually.

I LOVED it as the opener to the short set in Seattle '09 and am glad they're choosing to open with it now. More so, I just hope it remains in the set throughout the summer and when they return to the US in the fall.

:yesey:

I agree with you 100%. For it being an opener in Seattle, I was stoked. Great opener. Hope it stays in the setlist for the fall. :happy:

Archived