Is opening with MK Ultra a good thing?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Is opening with MK Ultra a good thing?

• Fuck Yes!
    • Yeah, why not
    • Keep it in the set but open with something else
    • Hate it! Drop it now!
    • I hate Matt Bellamy

For all their crappy Twilight ballads (:p), I'm glad that Muse have at least taken on board what people were saying about the predictable setlists. With the polls, I was worried they'd revert to autopilot and just play the odd Bliss and CE to keep the hardcores happy.

Last night's setlist looked very promising though, and MK Ultra opening is a fantastic idea. They've obviously taken on board how much we like the song. I'm actually looking forward to Muse at T a wee bit now, whereas I was very apprehensive about it before (worried it'd turn me off the band for good =/).

Good choice, I reckon. We are the Universe is quite cool, but that followed by Uprising is a bit limp for an opener. MK Ultra's riff is more energetic. WatU - MK Ultra might work well too.

I don't know though, the song needs a very strong opening to work with WatU IMO and MK Ultra doesnt have a powerful beginning (If this makes sense, hearing the first part of Uprising right after WatU is kind of awesome). I can't think right now so I can't think of another song, but I dunno about MKU for that.

I think MKU should be more used for festivals and stuff when they don't have an intro, and I also think it could be a really cool opener for an encore.

End of the day, MKUltra is an awesome opener.

And I hope it stays there because it'll most probably get dropped otherwise.

And Uprising can't be there opener all of the time. Every other album had at least 2, if not 3 consistant openers throughout the era.

Great song, average opener.. Not awful, but definitely not amongst the best. Though, TR doesn't really have a song that'd make a really strong opener. I'd probably say Unnatural Selection would work best.

Should open with KoC, and close with SS, preferably. But of course, neither will happen. THEY'D GET CONFUSED MOVING THE ORDER OF SONGS THAT MUCH.. Or at least they make you think that.

Archived