Neutron Star Collision // Video Online Now

KirkBot

I actually really like the video, and believe me, I am no fan of Twilight. I think most of the scenes were well-synched with the song (:facepalm: those ridiculous werewolves though) and the slow-mo darkly lit thing really worked. The beginning and ending with Matt on the piano were brilliant and my 2 favorite moments were at 1:09 with Chris and Dom's synchronous headbanging and at about 3:08 when Matt stops singing...something felt very poignant there. Just my opinion of course;)

I can agree with most of this. The song is growing on me, and minus the sappy Twatlight scenes (that last one almost made me gag!), the video works pretty well. I know some people were complaining in the other threads that the drums sounded too 80s-ish, but I think that they took that into consideration when filming - it looks like they are playing on an 80s styled set. I enjoyed the slow-mo shots and especially the piano solos with Matt - they seem to capture his emotions about the song well. So taking all that into consideration, it is a good video. And it would be a great video if they had a "Muse Only!" version. ;)

an awesome video ruined by putting twilight clips on it!! :mad::facepalm:

there better be a non twilight version..

exactly...i was really frightened when i saw the twilight clips.

but apart from that is it an awesome video.

love the lighteffects and the silhouettes!

wished i could see dom an chris more times....i saw them just in the beginning of the video!

I LOVE the clips of the band. (#needsmorechris, tho) I don't know the Twi story, so I didn't really pay attention to that part. If this were a vid of just the band, it would be :awesome:

The last bit with Matt walking away was a little, um, rich in calcium, but it isn't so bad now that I'm used to that aspect of the song.

Edit: I just noticed in the "Making Of" vid on Myspace that Matt's wearing guyliner. Now Matt, haven't we gone over this before?:facepalm:

I didn't even finish the video. Watched about 10.5 seconds, saw Twilight and turned it off. First off, 90% of all movie related music videos suck. Secondly, T.W.I.L.I.G.H.T. I figured it wasn't even worth it for the Muse footage. I think I'll settle with seeing them live.

Why is it all their new stuff just sounds like Queen. I know you have to move on with music but please... They used to be a guitar band with an edgy sound now they have just lost their way. :(

Maybe they're just at a rough patch right now. I can deal with one album like that, but another may make me die.

I had to go watch the epic older live videos to counter the negativity I had towards my favourite band after watching that video. WHY OH WHY include clips from the film? :( Fangirls are probably fapping to the music video.

It would have been such a great video :( :(

Sorry I just can't stand it, I mean you would be looking at beautiful Matthew and then you find yourself looking at a foot man.

hoping this wont mean a huge influx of "muse fans" who have only heard the one song. I would hate it if the aussie tour was spoiled by twilight fans. I swear, they are scary.

I noticed in the making of video, there a nice close up of Matt at the piano that doesn't make the final cut. I'm sure there must a recording of the full performance from the band. I think the video would be really lovely without the twilight shots and the song definitely deserves a Muse only version.:) Maybe it will appear at some point on the media player! Fingers crossed! :)

Same here.

Can someone remind me why I am going to London for the Wembley gigs?

Don't worry Bella and thingy won't turn up on stage! Well hopefully not, just had a nasty image in my mind of Muse using Twilight clips on their screens! :facepalm::chuckle:

Awww, I'm pleased for the guys. It is great that they have been asked to do the lead single and there are lots of respected artists on the soundtrack, so there's certainly no shame in that. It's just a bit of a nuisance the films are so bad.

Don't worry Bella and thingy won't turn up on stage! Well hopefully not, just had a nasty image in my mind of Muse using Twilight clips on their screens! :facepalm::chuckle:

When I saw the scenes from the movie coming up on the massive screens, it really did frighten me.

Sorry I just can't stand it, I mean you would be looking at beautiful Matthew and then you find yourself looking at a foot man.

:chuckle: It's those freaky eyes as well! Ewweee. Though Muse have previously had weird videos themselves, this has to be said.

However, slightly biased here, but it appears obvious to me which guys on that video are the most attractive! :)

I thought it was okay, I have learnt not to even bother with their music videos though :chuckle:

Matt's putting in more of a performance than all of the actors in the actual film :p

I said that too on another thread. His acting is better, he he! :)

Archived