Neutron Star Collision // Video Online Now

KirkBot

In theory, there's only one more movie from the twilight series that Muse could be attached to. Hypothetically, after that movie is over, twihards should die off. So, all you 'pure' musers just have to wait another year or two. :happy:

unfortunately since it takes muse so damn long to make an album, that probably means their next album will match up with the movie again. then the next album after that they will be kinda old ... and so will i =/

In theory, there's only one more movie from the twilight series that Muse could be attached to. Hypothetically, after that movie is over, twihards should die off. So, all you 'pure' musers just have to wait another year or two. :happy:

Otherwise, come to Minnesota. I'll give you a ride on my motorcycle. Get you drunk on some vodka, and then, have you watch the video. Trust me. You'll feel better about it afterwards. :LOL:

Sadly, there are rumours of the final Twilight book being made into two films. Just like Harry Potter...hmm..

If all the movie clips were removed from the music video, would you then like it?

If it was with a song that I liked better, I probably would. With NSC, it would still be a bit cheesy, but it wouldn't be so...abysmal.

gah, whats with you people?! grow up!! (yeah i know... childish outburst;) )

maybe i should just leave this board all together.

sure, I love Muse -even so much that I am able to see both the good sides and the less perfect sides in their own right, but still love them.(no 'omg! a fangirl!!' comments,thanx:rolleyes: ) -thats how I am about my friends. and I love music and its an important part of my life, so why shouldn't I be like that when it came to my fave band aswell?

but the negativity here.... damn, people!

one thing is to discuss things (at length;) ) -thats just healthy.

another is to just decide to hate on everything new, because -low and behold!! -three men changed over the course of the last ten years. I know I changed too(wohoo!!), so I don't really mind. It comes with the territory of growing up,to change. I guess.

but sometimes I just want to ask certain people: didn't you, as you can't realise that people change?that people wont always churn out the same thing they did ten years ago?

or maybe you just changed in a different direction.

maybe even the next album will be more to your liking,so theres no need to deem everything new 'horrible' already :)

the vid looks cool -I really like how they have played with lights and stuff, concidering how much they use those kinds of effects when on stage.

sure, theres twi-scenes in there too. acted out by people who by the looks of it couldnt care less.

so what?

Matt sounds like he care when he sings those lyrics, and they all sound like they have fun when they play the track -at least on record.we haven't even heard it live yet.

ok, down the line, we might get an admitance that 'yeah, we weren't the biggest twi-fans either, but it was interesting to begin with, then turned into a business-thing that we couldn't just let slide by...'

right now one of the most talented, deserving bands are getting discovered by thousands of new people, giving them even more chances to do what they say they love to do: go out there and play.

taking that into account, why is it so hard for people to take that 'good' with the twi-'bad' and just let live?

Oos is one of my favorite albums of all time. so back in the day,I went out and bought it. I can put it in my stereo whenever I please, whenever I want that 'old muse' vibe. just like I really love TR, and put that in the stereo when I want to listen to 'newish muse'.

because thats the luxury of loving a band like Muse.

the albums are actually different, and I don't have to grow bored of them doing the same exact song over and over again,though they on occations throw in a riff that nods towards some of their own work.

maybe we just simply harbor too high expectations when it comes to muse...

if other bands or artists had released some of their newer songs, those songs might actually be concidered some of their best, because of lower expectations.

ever thought about that?

yeah, I went on a long winding rant again. half the people that should, will therefore never read this post. a lot of those that do, wont take me seriously and brush me off as a stupid fangirl that would love everything thrown at me, though I am far from it.

Even when it comes to Muse.

still.... I'm too sick of this almost onesided negativity to shut up.

*climbs down from reeeeeeeeally tall soapbox*

frozenpoetry, we must become friends, because I'm getting tired of all the negativity too. :happy: Some of the best musers on here have been wanting to post what you just did. So, you're definitely not alone.

awww:happy:

i know i am not alone,ive seen others around sort of speaking my mind. thats one of the reasons i am still here :) but ive also seen how they are being treated...

but i guess it is all to easy to divide people into two groups,either being 'too positive (aka. fangirlz that would forgive everything) ' or 'too negative (aka. fans who just want Oos and Abso all over again.forever.)' when one are holding on to one of the opposite views.

i tried not to do that with my rant, but i am not so sure i made it, to be honest ;)

I try to take everything lately with a barrel of salt, but come on, some of the negative posts out there border on hate mail. In fact, I ran across one that just disturbed me. Isn't the whole point of being a fan is to be supportive? I haven't yet had a big rant, but my sarcasm is starting to come across. :LOL:

Anyways, I'm still standing with my opine that I liked the video and the song based on merit of performance, originality, and the risky personal exposure that everyone seems to have skipped over entirely, and I'm not really a fangirl or a PMTer either. :happy:

agree with you there:yesey:

wait....a disturbing one? :confused:

this creepy shit is getting out of hand :noey:

Whiting | posted on 01.22.10 at 10:39pm

I love Matt so much, can't wait for the boyz to arrive at O2!!! OMG they're so adorable XD Robert Patterson (Twilight), Matt Bellamy and Mick Hucknall (Simply Red) would be a true SUPERBAND. Not like that josh dude from those fake T-Mobile Ads! WWooooHOOOOoo!!

^ Haha!

I'm sorry. As much as the song is growing on me. I just HATE Twilight and seeing that video makes me want to eat my Muse collection. :LOL:

Oh, and:

ILOVETWILIGHTSOWHAT? commented | 0 minute ago

Muse fans are cry babies. Like the series or not but the Twilight series has given Muse thousands of fans. And you have to agree that the writer Stephenie Meyer has good taste in music if Muse is her favorite band of all time. I didn't even know who the hell Muse was until Twilight.

Can I kill it, please?

I try to take everything lately with a barrel of salt, but come on, some of the negative posts out there border on hate mail. In fact, I ran across one that just disturbed me. Isn't the whole point of being a fan is to be supportive? I haven't yet had a big rant, but my sarcasm is starting to come across. :LOL:

Anyways, I'm still standing with my opine that I liked the video and the song based on merit of performance, originality, and the risky personal exposure that everyone seems to have skipped over entirely, and I'm not really a fangirl or a PMTer either. :happy:

I didn't skip over that. I realised it entirely which is why I posted that the song itself is without fear in another thread. But yeah it doesn't seem to count for much to many people. To me it makes it particularly special.

BTW I agree with your other points. I've noticed people appear to have started to come round though.:)

Whiting | posted on 01.22.10 at 10:39pm

I love Matt so much, can't wait for the boyz to arrive at O2!!! OMG they're so adorable XD Robert Patterson (Twilight), Matt Bellamy and Mick Hucknall (Simply Red) would be a true SUPERBAND. Not like that josh dude from those fake T-Mobile Ads! WWooooHOOOOoo!!

^ Haha!

Oh dear! :LOL: I reckon some of these are fake.

...are you afraid to admit that you like it, even the tiniest bit?

:LOL: No. Maybe 'abysmal' is an exaggeration, but it's a disappointment coming from Muse.

another is to just decide to hate on everything new

maybe even the next album will be more to your liking,so theres no need to deem everything new 'horrible' already :)

I don't "hate on everything new". I loved the Resistance, I just don't particularly like this song/video combo. It's not that bad a song, but it's really not up to Muse's normal standard, and it annoys me that it is a huge lead single that could possibly get to #1, when they can do so much better.

the vid looks cool -I really like how they have played with lights and stuff, concidering how much they use those kinds of effects when on stage.

sure, theres twi-scenes in there too. acted out by people who by the looks of it couldnt care less.

so what?

Because it's horribly edited, and I don't like the video. :erm:

right now one of the most talented, deserving bands are getting discovered by thousands of new people, giving them even more chances to do what they say they love to do: go out there and play.

taking that into account, why is it so hard for people to take that 'good' with the twi-'bad' and just let live?

I'm not too bothered that they're in Twilight.

if other bands or artists had released some of their newer songs, those songs might actually be concidered some of their best, because of lower expectations.

Perhaps.

but i guess it is all to easy to divide people into two groups,either being 'too positive (aka. fangirlz that would forgive everything) ' or 'too negative (aka. fans who just want Oos and Abso all over again.forever.)'

And untrue.

gah, whats with you people?! grow up!! (yeah i know... childish outburst;) )

maybe i should just leave this board all together.

sure, I love Muse -even so much that I am able to see both the good sides and the less perfect sides in their own right, but still love them.(no 'omg! a fangirl!!' comments,thanx:rolleyes: ) -thats how I am about my friends. and I love music and its an important part of my life, so why shouldn't I be like that when it came to my fave band aswell?

but the negativity here.... damn, people!

one thing is to discuss things (at length;) ) -thats just healthy.

another is to just decide to hate on everything new, because -low and behold!! -three men changed over the course of the last ten years. I know I changed too(wohoo!!), so I don't really mind. It comes with the territory of growing up,to change. I guess.

but sometimes I just want to ask certain people: didn't you, as you can't realise that people change?that people wont always churn out the same thing they did ten years ago?

or maybe you just changed in a different direction.

so what?

Matt sounds like he care when he sings those lyrics, and they all sound like they have fun when they play the track -at least on record.we haven't even heard it live yet.

ok, down the line, we might get an admitance that 'yeah, we weren't the biggest twi-fans either, but it was interesting to begin with, then turned into a business-thing that we couldn't just let slide by...'

Oos is one of my favorite albums of all time. so back in the day,I went out and bought it. I can put it in my stereo whenever I please, whenever I want that 'old muse' vibe. just like I really love TR, and put that in the stereo when I want to listen to 'newish muse'.

because thats the luxury of loving a band like Muse.

the albums are actually different, and I don't have to grow bored of them doing the same exact song over and over again,though they on occations throw in a riff that nods towards some of their own work.

ever thought about that?

yeah, I went on a long winding rant again. half the people that should, will therefore never read this post. a lot of those that do, wont take me seriously and brush me off as a stupid fangirl that would love everything thrown at me, though I am far from it.

Even when it comes to Muse.

still.... I'm too sick of this almost onesided negativity to shut up.

*climbs down from reeeeeeeeally tall soapbox*

:pope:Uhm... Chill? :(

Some reactions here... why can't I just say I hate the vid, without being put under a label of "OoS elitist", "Twilight Hater" or "Moronic Muser"?:rolleyes:

For once, can these oversensitive people accept that there are others who may have some very good reasons to adopt a different view than their positive stance? (See, I'm not generalising by calling them "Fangirls" or anything - instead, I take half a sentence to describe them somewhat elaborately.)

Some reactions here... why can't I just say I hate the vid, without being put under a label of "OoS elitist", "Twilight Hater" or "Moronic Muser"?:rolleyes:

For once, can these oversensitive people accept that there are others who may have some very good reasons to adopt a different view than their positive stance? (See, I'm not generalising by calling them "Fangirls" or anything - instead, I take half a sentence to describe them somewhat elaborately.)

:LOL: Totally agree, kiddo. The labels are annoying, and you're free to express whatever opinion you want.

:pope:Uhm... Chill? :(

um.... you guys are seriously taking that post that heavy?

damn. it was just a way of :rolleyes: while still getting some sort of opinion across.

unfortunately i sometimes go to extremeties to explain something, i guess.

must not come out well in writing :LOL:

Archived