Muse and Parents

Drakey

What do your parents think of muse?  

542 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents think of muse?

• Dad loves them
    • Mum loves them
    • Both love them
    • both like them
    • dad likes em
    • mum likes them
    • both hate them
    • mum hates them
    • dad hates them

My mum likes them, my dad doesn't mind them. I've asked him what he thinks of them (because I like talking to my dad about music) and he just said "well they're better than nightwish." Who he actually hates - and I spent a good few years of my life listening to them non stop.

My mum really likes them though - She'll actually say stuff like "That man looks like Matt." I never know she means Matt Bellamy though - first name terms?! but yeah, her favourite song is hysteria, but she also likes starlight and supermassive black hole. I spent a good 45 minutes watching Muse videos on youtube with her once. It was great. :)

EDIT: my mum was just whistling supermassive black hole.

My dad doesn't really care too much for music but when he heard Hoodoo, he really loved it. He's my next project.

I got my mom into Muse, so I'm very happy about that. I even made her a mix. ;) Okay, so I didn't put any of their harder songs on it but oh well. She's always amazed with Matt's mad piano skills.

:eek: aha.... I never knew that!! I thought it just was the hardest word when playing that game where you gotta quess the letters before you hang... we call that 'galgje' and in englisch it would be... 'hangman' ... :stunned:

Galgenraten. :D

Oh don't say that.

Dog is pwetty hard too. I painted fingers and toes to the stickman, before anyone got the first letter. :rolleyes:

Stoooopid boys. Start with trying to find out the vowels. :rolleyes:

Both hate.

Frequently complaining that it's been years that they have had to cope with 'that woman crying' when I play Muse... no matter how many times I have explained!

She did ask whether Matt Bellamy was on TV yesterday though. It was Alan Carr :$ I think she was snoozing on the sofa, but trying to seem interested!

xxxx

:LOL: :LOL: that woman crying hahaha

my mum loves them :happy: shes obsessed with tiro at the moment and keeps playing it in the car and singing along, a bit worrying, we get a few strange looks haha, my dad says they are interesting and different, he likes em a bit

I'm a mum. does that count? My hubby, whos a dad likes them. does he count? :D

its the bloody kids who we need to convert. our sons not so bad, but our daughter! well.....:rolleyes:

:LOL: you definitely count as my husband & I were the original Muse fans in our house & we converted our 2 teenage daughters to Muse a year ago (keep trying!).

Since we went to the Cardiff gig we have had nothing but Muse on the car CD player so no one else gets a look in!!

Cant wait for Wembley (Standing!!!!) :D

Well, my Mum and dad both really like Muse! My Mum always sings TIRO and My Dads fave is Knights of Cydonia! Haha, and they both went to the sydney gig with me and my sister, although they were sitting down! Dad said it was on of the greatest shows he's ever seen, and thats pretty good considering he's seen Bob Dylan and Bob Marley!!:D

Galgenraten. :D

Oh don't say that.

Dog is pwetty hard too. I painted fingers and toes to the stickman, before anyone got the first letter. :rolleyes:

Stoooopid boys. Start with trying to find out the vowels. :rolleyes:

:LOL: I know!! thats the most fun... when people don't get it, but for some reason... people always know mine when I just drawn the _

... :stunned: maybe I am just that predictable....

my mum likes them :D It's great and she loved their concert!!!! Thought that they were very very good and very powerful. She took me to Melbourne to see them (we had to fly and stay the night) It was such a great time...

my dad on the other hand.... mmmm he doesn't like them unfortunately. He's not that nice towards them. He says they are like a drug, they make him tired and that they are whiney :'( totally unfair of course... but I guess u cant win them all

mums content with me playing muse all day long hehe if I play them dad says "put ur earphones in :'("

Don't think Mum does, doubt she's heard them really.

I remember listening to Showbiz years ago and me dad saying "he sounds a bit like Freddie Mercury, doesn't he?" And when they played Glasto he came home from the pub and I was watching it, so he watched for a bit and said "They're good aren't they?"

well, yeah

Bling.jpg

Mum likes them because she's into conspiracies and aliens and things, so BH&R was up her alley, though she's one of those weird crazies who thinks they sound like Radiohead... Dad thought they were "overwrought" and silly at first, but I made him listen to Plug in Baby and he started to hear the brilliance...and he likes Assassin :)

There needs to be a "both are indifferent" option. My mum's not a fan of heavy music, but I could lock her in a room listening to muse for a week and then the next day she'd be like, 'who are muse? do i know them?'....My dad is quite into his music, although I made him listen to them in the car and he said they sounded just like radiohead wannabes :noey:

However,I did get an 'at least that matt bellamy can obviously read music' from him...

There needs to be a "both are indifferent" option. My mum's not a fan of heavy music, but I could lock her in a room listening to muse for a week and then the next day she'd be like, 'who are muse? do i know them?'....My dad is quite into his music, although I made him listen to them in the car and he said they sounded just like radiohead wannabes :noey:

However,I did get an 'at least that matt bellamy can obviously read music' from him...

Lol, my parents don't even know who Radiohead are.

But yeah, my dad's indifferent, so that option would be useful.

My mom likes Bliss and B&H though :happy:

:LOL: you definitely count as my husband & I were the original Muse fans in our house & we converted our 2 teenage daughters to Muse a year ago (keep trying!).

Cant wait for Wembley (Standing!!!!) :D

i try and try and try to change my daughter's opinion and i won't give up! i told her she's never let herself like them just cos she wont admit it to me. haha! she agrees they're good at wot they do but she just doesnt bother. little shit! we'll still drag her round all the gigs though! lolz

u going on the sat to wembley?

I ripped all their albums to my mam's computer last year, so I could listen to them when I was fixing probs on her PC (a regular occurrence)... she rang me one day and said "I've just been cleaning the windows and listening to that Muse band... they're good, aren't they?". She's 66... :D

As for my dad (67)... he's clueless anyway :rolleyes: ... but if he ever has to give me a lift anywhere, I make sure I take OOS to force on him on the journey... :LOL:

may i add a subthread?

regarding to the fact that im ugly old...

husbands...?

in the beginning he liked muse, but now he hates muse

maybe because of the huge poster in my office :happy:

and im not a groupie fan :stunned:

its a bit annoying to jump to my stereo to switch it off, when he appears in our flat :(

:LOL: I know!! thats the most fun... when people don't get it, but for some reason... people always know mine when I just drawn the _

... :stunned: maybe I am just that predictable....

whose eyes are in the centre of your awesome siggy?

its not matt :eek::stunned:;)

well?

Archived