Muse and Parents

Drakey

What do your parents think of muse?  

542 members have voted

1. 1. What do your parents think of muse?

• Dad loves them
    • Mum loves them
    • Both love them
    • both like them
    • dad likes em
    • mum likes them
    • both hate them
    • mum hates them
    • dad hates them

Whoa.

My Mum wouldn't listen to an album on her own, me thinks.

But on the other hand, she's gotta listen to Muse almost every day. :rolleyes:

I want it backc though O_O

i ffigure ill jsut say "if you give me back bhar, ill let you borrow showbiz..youll like it....then as shes gone through all the albums ill make here give me back hullabaloo for an adam ant cd....my mum likes most my music

I'm a mum. does that count? My hubby, whos a dad likes them. does he count? :D

its the bloody kids who we need to convert. our sons not so bad, but our daughter! well.....:rolleyes:

*GASPS*

:eek: id never take my mum to a muse gig!! theyd steal her froom me and never give her back!!! O_O

Look!!

meandmum004.jpg

i wouldnt let her near any of them and defend her visciously!!

:LOL: does ur mum know ur posting pics of her all over the forums? lolz

this was my mum today

"Ooooooooooooh i LOOOVE super massive black hole!!! ihave just had it on repeate i havent listened to the whole album"

p: can i have it back

"no"

ur mums cool. she going to wembley/trafalgar?

Both my parents like them considerably.

They'll be going to their second Muse gig at Wembley :happy: .

cool! my mum always fones me/texts me whenever she hears muse. she foned me from abroad last year to let me know that the ppl staying beside them in the hotel were playing muse all nite. :musesign:

I want it backc though O_O

i ffigure ill jsut say "if you give me back bhar, ill let you borrow showbiz..youll like it....then as shes gone through all the albums ill make here give me back hullabaloo for an adam ant cd....my mum likes most my music

Mum had sometimes problems like that with me.

I succeded in making her disliking one of her cds, because I listened to it too much. :LOL:

Muse came on the brits last night...what was my mum's reaction?

'Ellie those loud boys in that boyband you like are on, and the short one's wearing a woman's coat!' :rolleyes: See what i have to put up with? :p

My daddy likes them :yesey:

boyband? short one? womans coat? ... :stunned: ... :LOL:

o dear i think your mum seriously needs educating! :LOL:

my mum has barely any clue as to who muse are or what they are about. When I told her i was going to see them in Nov at wembley her reaction was "who?" :rolleyes:

My dad on the other hand is quite partial to them. :yesey: Occasionally he lets me put them on in the background which is really cool and has conceded that 'some of their stuff is really good'. one time I was listening to muse with my then new head phones when my dad came along and asked if he could listen to see what the sound quality was like (they were a bday present from him). sunburn had just finished and muscle museum was just beginning and at the bit where the guitar first kicks in my dad actually went "Woah!" and told me to put the album on! It was such a priceless moment! I do think some of showbiz might have proved to be a bit much for him (i think he much prefers absolution and BH&R) but i'm just impressed that he gave it a go. :):yesey:

I finally got my Mum into liking some of the songs. :happy:

What about Dad, I don't know. He calls them Hottentotten Music, but he calls everything I listen to so. On the other hand he says, at least they CAN play their instruments... :rolleyes:

Hottentotten :LOL:

hottentottententententoonstelling

try say that 100 times :D

lol..

my mum is used to them now... my dad hates them... he keeps closing the door to my room when I listen muse, so my door is closed all the time.. :p

Hottentotten :LOL:

hottentottententententoonstelling

try say that 100 times :D

lol..

my mum is used to them now... my dad hates them... he keeps closing the door to my room when I listen muse, so my door is closed all the time.. :p

Not nice.

The Hottentotten are some afrikan tribe if I'm right informed. :erm:

And it's used to describe all kind of loud, barbaric music. :rolleyes:

My mum's fave all time song is Unintended.

I'm working hard on trying to get her to Muse properly, not just that one song lol she does like a couple of others, more of the easy-to-listen one (Starlight, Blackout...)

My brother actually told me a few days ago that he and my mum had a long chat about how awesome Muse are and how amazing they seem live lol! I have no doubt that if they ever come here she'll go to the show which is saying something cos she isn't much into gigs.

I finally got my Mum into liking some of the songs. :happy:

What about Dad, I don't know. He calls them Hottentotten Music, but he calls everything I listen to so. On the other hand he says, at least they CAN play their instruments... :rolleyes:

:LOL: Hottentotten..

My dad calls their music 'a cacophony of sounds'...:indiff::p he always acts like it's hurting his ears

my mother didn't like them at first.. because she thought they sounded whining, but now she like's starlight and bliss.. she even recognized them when they were on tv with smbh (which is a big deal, because she doesn't really know much 'recent' bands) and she liked the song

My mum saw them once or twice during the Origin era and my dad has seen them 3 or 4 times.:)

My dad likes Muscle museum, Sunburn, Newborn and TIRO

My mum doesn't know the names of any song by any band lol, but she likes Knights of Cydonia, and Blackout makes her cry (amoung many other songs)

They both love Plug in Baby :D

They have bought all their albums except Hullabaloo

Not nice.

The Hottentotten are some afrikan tribe if I'm right informed. :erm:

And it's used to describe all kind of loud, barbaric music. :rolleyes:

:eek: aha.... I never knew that!! I thought it just was the hardest word when playing that game where you gotta quess the letters before you hang... we call that 'galgje' and in englisch it would be... 'hangman' ... :stunned:

So what did you vote then? ;)

'mum likes them' or 'dad hates them'? :p

:LOL: yeah that was a hard choice :p but I was in a positive mood and voted 'mum loves' :D

Archived