'potentially controversial'? :LOL:

I mean, there's a hell of a lot of guitar solos to consider in 17 years (and I don't even tend to get much out of them) so I doubt I could even name one as the best but Reapers ain't even my favourite Muse one.

That's pretty much why they went with him, been pretty well-documented tmk :chuckle:

See, controversial! :D

The only competition I can see for Reapers in the category of Matt's greatest guitar solos is Madness, though he is an excellent soloist. I just really dig it when he decides to write a regular solo and shows off his mastery of the traditional guitar solo. If you have any examples of a better guitar solo from the 21st century that I've either never heard or have seriously overlooked, I'd be glad to give it a listen. :)

'potentially controversial'? :LOL:

I mean, there's a hell of a lot of guitar solos to consider in 17 years (and I don't even tend to get much out of them) so I doubt I could even name one as the best but Reapers ain't even my favourite Muse one.

That's pretty much why they went with him, been pretty well-documented tmk :chuckle:

Like posting an old school pic of Mutt working with ACDC on their IG as a way of revealing he was producing Drones? :chuckle:

See, controversial! :D

The only competition I can see for Reapers in the category of Matt's greatest guitar solos is Madness, though he is an excellent soloist. I just really dig it when he decides to write a regular solo and shows off his mastery of the traditional guitar solo. If you have any examples of a better guitar solo from the 21st century that I've either never heard or have seriously overlooked, I'd be glad to give it a listen. :)

John Frusciantes solos on Stadium Arcadium (the album not the song) are damn good...

If you have any examples of a better guitar solo from the 21st century that I've either never heard or have seriously overlooked, I'd be glad to give it a listen. :)

Starts at 6.45:

I think Tom sounds so amazing on top of Bruce and the band just playing the rhythm nicely and easily. I recall to have seen him do the same kind of solo in a few other songs, so I'm not exactly sure it's from the 21st century.

Anyway, eargasm. :love:

Starts at 6.45:

I think Tom sounds so amazing on top of Bruce and the band just playing the rhythm nicely and easily. I recall to have seen him do the same kind of solo in a few other songs, so I'm not exactly sure it's from the 21st century.

Anyway, eargasm. :love:

Like it, but not more than Reapers. Sorry. Great solo though!

• 4 weeks later...

When your questioning of a controversial opinion gets more heat than the original post :LOL:

If y'all actually want my reasoning though, it's just not really got much going on. The instrumental just kinda meanders around waiting for a riff that's not even that good and the lyrics are wishy-washy uprising fodder. I can at least get attatched to SP's twinkly barbershop melodies (plus it's super short and harmless) and some of Exo-P's vocals, UFO synths and goofy conspiracy lyrics.

Isn't it supposed to be one of the holy grail-tier never say a bad word about it-songs?

Nah, don't think so. A few people obvs love it to bits but I think most people probs fall somewhere into that 'alright' category, from what I've seen anyway.