:LOL: Chuck a bit more verbal abuse in there and you've got the average post on that page.

Did you make up that name? Because it seems familiar...

I did. Sadly, it probably exists out there :erm:

You're a bitch who steals pwopah Muse fans tickets. You're a fucking idiot for liking Twilight, how dare you associate such a shit series with the best band in the world.

Ohai? :awesome:

But Starlight totally conveys the romantic feelings of Bella and Edward :supersad:

Certainly when a MuseWiki entry reads:

Il Merciano (L'Arena) intro + Time is Running Out + Power of Soul riff + Voodoo Child (Slight Return) riff

or

People of the Sun intro + Interlude + Hysteria + Testify riff + Back in Black riff

then one wonders if they have gone way too far with the amount of riffs.

The riffs are needed. They're one of my favourite parts of a Muse show and they flesh out the setlist nicely.

Uprising and Guiding Light are among my favourite TR songs with US and MKU.

IBTY and Resistance are the weakest two. They're good but not as good as other stuff, and as I already said, I prefer the single edit of Resistance.

:yesey:

+The Tiesto remix of Resistance is kinda badass I won't lie.

I think the Tiesto remix is pretty bad. Then again I find most of his work awful.

Really? I think its really awesome once the song actually kicks in. As usual though, the intro and outro are unnaturally long/stretched and repetitive...but that can be overlooked.

Really? I think its really awesome once the song actually kicks in. As usual though, the intro and outro are unnaturally long/stretched and repetitive...but that can be overlooked.

Dance music has to have long intros & outros as it's designed to be mixed in with other tracks by DJs.

Completely different to a song designed for radio airplay where you don't fuck about.

Some of the comments on there are just :noey:

"Wonderful the person who refers to Muse as the Twilight Band has taken another ticket away from a real muse fan. Congratulations you undeserving bitch."

:stunned:

Oooo, it was all "Violet" could do not to respond to that one. Grrrr.... :mad:

I've found the whole thing quite entertaining. 'Original Symmetry'. And they thought I was serious. :chuckle:

You're hilarious! :chuckle:

It seems to me that any fan site is going to have moaners, but if a fan can't complain about something band related here, where then? And why not complain? Silence isn't always golden! Personal stuff should be elsewhere and I'm surprised any mod would let it go.

I'm jumping in really late on this, but is it "controversial" to say I'm so upset about the game threads being locked? There are so many more threads around here that are more worthy of being locked than the games!!!

Some of them like "The Muse Game" or "This or That" I can understand, but the Elimination Games and Muse Pictionary were a lot more legitimate and more like a "real game". They were organized, had rules, and had many devoted posters (who are now quite upset!)

So... my "controversial" opinion is that we should just have a sub-forum for games so that the main section of the boards doesn't get "cluttered" and people can still actually have fun around here.

(Again, sorry I'm in on this so late... they just locked my favorite thread on the boards yesterday, so it's a recent loss for me :LOL:)

So... my "controversial" opinion is that we should just have a sub-forum for games so that the main section of the boards doesn't get "cluttered" and people can still actually have fun around here.

(Again, sorry I'm in on this so late... they just locked my favorite thread on the boards yesterday, so it's a recent loss for me :LOL:)

We used to have a games section but at the end of the day, thread games are just spam really, and with limited board/server capacity, actual discussion in relevant areas takes precedent over what are, largely, pointless games.

S'not gonna change, I'm afraid. I much prefer not having loads of elimination threads, etc, cluttering each section of the board up and I'd also much prefer getting rid of them to prevent Doris from dying all the time.

Okay, time for a little rant...

So, a little background information about me. I discovered Muse a few months ago, but it wasn't through SMBH or Uprising or whatever. It was through the MTV Musical March Madness thingy. The first song I listened to was New Born, and I became obsessed with Muse through OoS. I'm now almost as obsessed (not in a creepy way) with Muse as most of you.

So, since I started out on OoS, I got a pretty warm welcome to the boards. But I've been noticing that if you've been on the boards for a while, and you say something like "Starlight is amazing" or CE is overrated", people say, "Oh, okay, you have the right to your own opinion." If you're a newbie, they're like, "Oh, you're not a real fan. GTFO."

See, I love Feeling Good, Starlight, Invincible, and yes, NSC. BHaR is my favorite Muse album. I don't really like Stockholm Syndrome. So apparently I'm not a real Muse fan. But ask my parents, who have to put up with my constant ramblings about Muse, and ask them if I'm a real Muse fan.

Now, you might say, "Oh, the boards for every band are the same." Not exactly. See, I've been on the AFI boards before these. They're not nearly as busy as these, but in my opinion, they're much more friendly. They welcome newbies much more warmly, they don't insult each other (much. I admit that they do, but not nearly as much as here), and most importantly, don't insult the band. They share their opinions, positive and negative, but in a mature way. These boards are like "Omg Resistance sucks, NSC is horrible, bring back the old Muse!" Sure, there's the same thing occasionally on the AFI boards, but it's not nearly as bad. If there is, it's usually just ignored, and those people just leave.

Anyway, I also agree with the whole creeping Muse out thing. Saying "They're so hot" or something is fine. Going any further is just creepy. Seriously, don't say anything on the internet that you wouldn't say to their faces.

Sorry for the ridiculously long rant...

So, a little background information about me. I discovered Muse a few months ago, but it wasn't through SMBH or Uprising or whatever. It was through the MTV Musical March Madness thingy. The first song I listened to was New Born, and I became obsessed with Muse through OoS. I'm now almost as obsessed (not in a creepy way) with Muse as most of you.

So, since I started out on OoS, I got a pretty warm welcome to the boards. But I've been noticing that if you've been on the boards for a while, and you say something like "Starlight is amazing" or CE is overrated", people say, "Oh, okay, you have the right to your own opinion." If you're a newbie, they're like, "Oh, you're not a real fan. GTFO."

See, I love Feeling Good, Starlight, Invincible, and yes, NSC. BHaR is my favorite Muse album. I don't really like Stockholm Syndrome. So apparently I'm not a real Muse fan. But ask my parents, who have to put up with my constant ramblings about Muse, and ask them if I'm a real Muse fan.

Now, you might say, "Oh, the boards for every band are the same." Not exactly. See, I've been on the AFI boards before these. They're not nearly as busy as these, but in my opinion, they're much more friendly. They welcome newbies much more warmly, they don't insult each other (much. I admit that they do, but not nearly as much as here), and most importantly, don't insult the band. They share their opinions, positive and negative, but in a mature way. These boards are like "Omg Resistance sucks, NSC is horrible, bring back the old Muse!" Sure, there's the same thing occasionally on the AFI boards, but it's not nearly as bad. If there is, it's usually just ignored, and those people just leave.

Anyway, I also agree with the whole creeping Muse out thing. Saying "They're so hot" or something is fine. Going any further is just creepy. Seriously, don't say anything on the internet that you wouldn't say to their faces.

The difference between the AFI example you cite and the .mu is that this board gets a LOT more traffic, and so a LOT more people are going to be citing a LOT more opinions, and when message boards reach a certain size, they tend to transition from a circle jerk to whinge central.

I've seen it before, over at LucasForums. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was released, and it resulted in a lot more traffic for the LucasArts message board, but by the time of the third 'installment' of said series (an MMO :indiff:), a slough of other successful games had been released, the atmosphere started shifting from positive to negative, as the gaming company became harder and harder pressed to top their best titles.

Same case here at the .mu. Muse are steadily growing in popularity, and with a steady increase of traffic on the boards, there's going to be more and more negative discussion (as their recent methods for getting their music 'out there' are subject to scrutiny as well, dear Twilight). Humans tend to be cynical people, and so it's easy to see the negativity overshadow the positivity.

Did not expect that to be that long. :erm:

The difference between the AFI example you cite and the .mu is that this board gets a LOT more traffic, and so a LOT more people are going to be citing a LOT more opinions, and when message boards reach a certain size, they tend to transition from a circle jerk to whinge central.

I've seen it before, over at LucasForums. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was released, and it resulted in a lot more traffic for the LucasArts message board, but by the time of the third 'installment' of said series (an MMO :indiff:), a slough of other successful games had been released, the atmosphere started shifting from positive to negative, as the gaming company became harder and harder pressed to top their best titles.

Same case here at the .mu. Muse are steadily growing in popularity, and with a steady increase of traffic on the boards, there's going to be more and more negative discussion (as their recent methods for getting their music 'out there' are subject to scrutiny as well, dear Twilight). Humans tend to be cynical people, and so it's easy to see the negativity overshadow the positivity.

Did not expect that to be that long. :erm:

You have a good point. I could also argue that AFI has also steadily been growing in popularity, though not quite as much as Muse. But I guess my main point is that if the "regulars" on this board change their attitude, and we simply ignore the people who come in and are negative towards each other and the band, this place could change for the better.

You have a good point. I could also argue that AFI has also steadily been growing in popularity, though not quite as much as Muse. But I guess my main point is that if the "regulars" on this board change their attitude, and we simply ignore the people who come in and are negative towards each other and the band, this place could change for the better.

barack_obama_change_fairey.jpg

good god i hate obama

*high fives*

I don't think people who've been here 10 times as long could have said it better. I feel bromantic, I feel like making a peace club and braiding daisy chains. And I'm not being sarcastic, these posts actually have a lot of truth and it probably took a fresh eye to see that this board's not what it could be.

Fuck's sake, I used to like starlight before I came here! And when I went muse gigs, I belted feeling good.

anyways... :shifty: I came here to talk about 'in your world'. It's always been one of the b-sides I don't really listen to because it freaks me for some reason. It's not bad, but it just sounds so unlike muse its just disturbing. Anyone else feel that way or am I just off?

anyways... :shifty: I came here to talk about 'in your world'. It's always been one of the b-sides I don't really listen to because it freaks me for some reason. It's not bad, but it just sounds so unlike muse its just disturbing. Anyone else feel that way or am I just off?

Better for the Share your Controversial Opinions thread, I wish this could be renamed "Fanbase Discussion" or something similar. :erm:

Better for the Share your Controversial Opinions thread, I wish this could be renamed "Fanbase Discussion" or something similar. :erm:

hey :phu: well I thought my opinion of in your world was controversial :p

and i don't want to imagine what sorts of beef would happen if a thread like that was actually created :erm: