if you really want one of them i'd say the whammy.

so much fun :happy:

edit: message from the banned. lol.

Toff says neither, a delay is more useful. look at the boss delays, incredibly simple and do the job well.

I second what Toff said. Maybe not a boss pedal though, they are a little expensive. Nervada (sp?) do a delay pedal for about £25, I got one and it's very good for the price but nothing fancy like reverse delay or anything, but I wouldnt have used that anyway.

I second what Toff said. Maybe not a boss pedal though, they are a little expensive. Nervada (sp?) do a delay pedal for about £25, I got one and it's very good for the price but nothing fancy like reverse delay or anything, but I wouldnt have used that anyway.

sp = nevada :)

the nevada pedals have better switches too.

I already have a Boss DD6 though, which is why I'm looking at other options of pedals.

If the FF is too complicated, then should I get the Whammy? I'm DYING to see what I can do with it.

If you guys dont recommend it, then what effects should I be looking at?

EDIT: Is the Digitech Expression Factory any good? It costs about the same as the Whammy but with many more effects.

I already have a Boss DD6 though, which is why I'm looking at other options of pedals.

If the FF is too complicated, then should I get the Whammy? I'm DYING to see what I can do with it.

If you guys dont recommend it, then what effects should I be looking at?

EDIT: Is the Digitech Expression Factory any good? It costs about the same as the Whammy but with many more effects.

The Expression Factory is much better, I know some people on this board have it and swear by it.

okay

simple question

what are the differences and which one could be considered "better" in all aspects.

Laney VC30-212 http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vc30-212/378

or

Laney LC50-II http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop/flypage/product_id/30205/a/r/e/base (cheaper on other sites)

im more inclined to go for the LC50 as it has two channels with independant EQ whereas the VC30 only has one but with footswitchable gain...

i should be able to afford either and the footpedal for it within time... just a matter of deciding...

then theres a DSL401...

HELP.

EDIT: site was wrong... the VC30 has 2 channels aswell... and the high gain settings sound much better...

Depends what voicing you want, the LC has modern voicing and the VC has more vintage voicing. IMO the LC is better as it's more versatile as with a little tweaking you can get some fantastic tones (I have an LC-30 :)). But they're both great amps, probably your best bet (along with the DSL401).

Hello, i've been playing the guitar for a year now (5 months of acoutsic + 7 months of electric) and have been playing thorugh the pathetic little ESP-10 amp that came with my electirc guitar (ESP f-10).

I have decided that for my birthday (coming august 15th) I'd like to get a new amp, I've been pondering getting the Vox AD15VT for quite some time now.

I play mainly muse, but also some led zepplin, queen, lenny kravitz and wolfmother.

I've seen/heard demos of the amp on youtube and I have been impressed by the tones for some of the led zepplin stuff.

I plan to use the amp for room practice, band practice and small gigging sometime in the future.

Would this amp be suitable for the music I like and for the situations I intend to use it in?

thanks,

Richard

edit: could a mod please correct the title?

Toff says Idealy, youll need 30+ watts to be heard over the bass and drums. Im not sure how much extra a 30watt version of the amp is, but im sure it will only be a relatively small amount

whats your price range? we might be able to suggest something better

toff says hmmm, the 30 watt is £130, so its just a little bit out of your range. it could be worth asking for money for your birthday,then saving up a bit more to get that amp

alternatively, you could check out the roland cube 30x. very versitile thing, can do the sounds you want, and is a tenner less then the vox amp.

Archived