Interesting i was also condsidering a Marshall 2466 100W Valve head. Its only 1 channel but the high low range acts as a clean (low) and dirty (high). I've heard its possibly one of the best marshall's around. I read somewhere that you can get more tonal variety with this than you can with the tsl? Any body ever tried this amp out?

Oh yes, those are the vintage moderns right? The 2266 and 2466, I believe. I tried one out and absolutely loved it. It had amazing cleans and a really nice, although somewhat trebly distortion. I'd definitely buy one if I had the cash.

Having tried out the Line 6 Spiders at a guitar shop here, I can understand why some people dislike the sound of it.

I personally was quite fond of it until I cranked up the volume a little and there was this little digital feedback to it. I guess I could still live with it though. The effects are cool. :happy:.

Just a matter of interest, which is better? The Vox AD-30VT or Roland 30X Cube?

Oh yes, those are the vintage moderns right? The 2266 and 2466, I believe. I tried one out and absolutely loved it. It had amazing cleans and a really nice, although somewhat trebly distortion. I'd definitely buy one if I had the cash.

yeh i was thinking of getting that with a nice 1936 2x12 cab to go with it for home use etc.

maybe not but i record at home, and its by far the best sounding amp i've heard, 100watt or not. And i said i wanted a 2x12 for home use. If i'm gonna pay for a nice amp, 100watt or not, i'm damn well gonna use it at home anyway.

100W isn't really neede to record either.

100w is more fun :p

Not practical at all usually though lolz

fuck yeah its more fun, but tbh i have a big room to practice in with thick walls and like my neighbours are all too old to hear or care me playing as loud as i like. No what i mean by the recording thing, i think the tone from the 100w is better than from the 50w so naturally for recording i would choose the better tone.

Tbf whether it be 50 watt or a 100 it's not needed indoors and probably not advisable if you're thinking of cranking it and have neighbours. All valve has more projection trust me. Be careful if you're recording to at least isolate the cab so you don't get complaints. :p

I wouldn't really recommend a 100 watt tube amp if you're recording at home, however...you've seen what I use.

30 watts tube would be great for home recording, and even medium sized gigs. i've used my orange rocker 30 head and a 2x12 live before with good results. still had some clean tones available. not mic'd up btw.

yes, it is NOT practical for me have the 120 watt oranges and 100 watt marshalls etc, but I didn't particularly get them for the amount of volume they put out - they are recording amps at the moment. I have the cabinet in a separate (sound proofed) room.

I know Patrik (from Immigrant) keeps his insanely loud tube amp in this weird box. Its really thick, and has acoustic padding on the inside. When it's shut, you can't hear a damn thing. It allows you to crank it up nicely though without getting evicted from his apartment.

Archived