"Exogenesis" to be released as a single???

control

hah, bitch. so those of us in teh states can't even pre-order? we have to go, physically, to a participating store on the 17th to possibly get one?

Closest record store to me is an hour away...I called them and they said they will have a "few"...nice guy was nice and said he would hold one for me...:D

k. did my own research.

moral of the story: if you're in the US, talk to someone at a participating store, tell them that a 7" vinyl is on the list of 'to be released on RSD', tell them that it is in fact going to be a 12" vinyl, and, most importantly, inform them that their receipt of any copies is based SOLELY on the particular record store/distributor relationship. that is, if the participating record store doesn't request any copies from its distributor, it ain't gonna get any copies.

so...chew on that.

here's what my favorite store told me

We’ve ordered it, but because of how limited everything is, there’s no way to guarantee that we’ll get any of the records coming out that day. Because of this, we can’t accept pre-orders, special orders, or holds on anything. We’ll have a line form outside the store before we open and we’ll issue numbers to everyone in line. We’re only going to let a set number of people shop the RSD section at a time once we open (first come, first served). We’re limiting people to 15 RSD pieces total, and no more than one copy of any RSD piece per person. We’re trying to avoid what happened last year when everyone rushed in and 40-60 people jammed around the section, scrambling and pushing. The limit is hopefully going to allow that more die-hard fans get a shot at what they want, at same time cutting down the impact of eBay vultures. I’m in the process of putting these rules and a partial shopping list on our website and our Facebook group. I hope that helps.

Wow you are one hell of a crowd

I wish americans sang along like that!

I sang along to every song though:phu:

go see the other videos, for example, PiB (and many otehrs of course).... yo uan see how crazy we are :p and when they started Guiding Light, we sang "pah-pah...pah-pah-pah-pah-TCH" along with Dom drumming, and he laughed a lot :D

k. did my own research.

moral of the story: if you're in the US, talk to someone at a participating store, tell them that a 7" vinyl is on the list of 'to be released on RSD', tell them that it is in fact going to be a 12" vinyl, and, most importantly, inform them that their receipt of any copies is based SOLELY on the particular record store/distributor relationship. that is, if the participating record store doesn't request any copies from its distributor, it ain't gonna get any copies.

so...chew on that.

i hate quoting myself, but anyway...

gold. talked to my guy at the record store. he says his california-based distributor was told that it was slated to get 90 copies. my guy at the store ordered 10 copies...to be shipped fedex for delivery on friday, april 16. he was told he was the first store of all of the many stores affiliated with this particular distributor to request copies of it, and thus it was highly likely that the record store would in fact get its 10 copies. regardless of if the store actually gets 10 copies, the guy at the store said that if any copies come in, he'd set aside the second copy for me (he wants the first haha). $9.99.

i hate quoting myself, but anyway...

gold. talked to my guy at the record store. he says his california-based distributor was told that it was slated to get 90 copies. my guy at the store ordered 10 copies...to be shipped fedex for delivery on friday, april 16. he was told he was the first store of all of the many stores affiliated with this particular distributor to request copies of it, and thus it was highly likely that the record store would in fact get its 10 copies. regardless of if the store actually gets 10 copies, the guy at the store said that if any copies come in, he'd set aside the second copy for me (he wants the first haha). $9.99.

Good result. :)

also, the list of special releases on this day is evolving on a daily basis. apparently the switch to go from a 7" to 12" was made within the last few days.

here's the current (but obviously not fully updated) list for US peeps: http://www.recordstoreday.com/Page/836

and here's the most current list for those in the UK: http://www.indierecordshop.org/?p=316

again, if you got shut out in the pre-order and simply MUST have a copy, i implore you to follow my advice in my prior posts.

hope this is at least marginally interesting/helpful.

It kinda sucks for people who were working/sleeping/away from the computer at the time the announcement was made, though. :erm:

Well the news was tweeted, granted not that they were available from here, but must have been more than an hour before I had the opportunity to check on line and they were still available then.

Hmmm. I ordered at 4.45 approx. If mine went through' date=' yours should have done.[/quote']

on muse.mu says Payment received and everything, but in the email is 0.00 :erm: (and it was 4.30pm GMT)

weird...

(people outside UK could buy this, right?!)

as of this moment, it looks as though i'll be getting my mitts on multiple copies. if i do, i'm going to sell the extras for face value + cost of postage to wherever + a nominal handling fee (yet to be determined). (obviously to those who got shut out in the pre-order or those who can't buy from a local store).

if you're interested in potentially buying, PM me saying, 'interested.' if i actually get more than one copy on the 16th or 17th, i'll gather all usernames of the people who've PMed me, assign them numbers, and pull those numbers out of a hat. i'll do this for each extra copy i obtain (again, if any at all). i'll then contact those people to get their info so as to get a transaction moving promptly.

note that i am not touting anything. however, i've also posted this on muselive. i've gotten quite a few replies. i think i'm going to come up with a system whereby if people want more 'raffle tickets' in this effective lottery, they can pay X amount per extra 'ticket' in the hat. this would be a completely opt-in system, reflecting only those who wish to pay more to get a higher chance at "winning."

feedback, anyone?

again, this is going to happen ONLY if i obtain multiple copies...which could very well NOT happen. but, it's worth a shot, right?

feedback, anyone?

again, this is going to happen ONLY if i obtain multiple copies...which could very well NOT happen. but, it's worth a shot, right?

If you want to do it to help people just sell them at face value + postage fee.

The handling fee and the pay raffle ticket system just make it seems as you are trying to make a profit out of people desperate to get their hands on a vinyl. I might not be your intention but that is how it comes across.

note that i am not touting anything.

They can pay X amount per extra 'ticket' in the hat. this would be a completely opt-in system, reflecting only those who wish to pay more to get a higher chance at "winning."

^ that's touting.

Making a profit from these kinds of sales is considered as touting, therefore, i'd drop the extra ticket idea and stick to the fair game.

as of this moment, it looks as though i'll be getting my mitts on multiple copies. if i do, i'm going to sell the extras for face value + cost of postage to wherever + a nominal handling fee (yet to be determined). (obviously to those who got shut out in the pre-order or those who can't buy from a local store).

if you're interested in potentially buying, PM me saying, 'interested.' if i actually get more than one copy on the 16th or 17th, i'll gather all usernames of the people who've PMed me, assign them numbers, and pull those numbers out of a hat. i'll do this for each extra copy i obtain (again, if any at all). i'll then contact those people to get their info so as to get a transaction moving promptly.

note that i am not touting anything. however, i've also posted this on muselive. i've gotten quite a few replies. i think i'm going to come up with a system whereby if people want more 'raffle tickets' in this effective lottery, they can pay X amount per extra 'ticket' in the hat. this would be a completely opt-in system, reflecting only those who wish to pay more to get a higher chance at "winning."

feedback, anyone?

i'm curious...but i would only pay for face value and postage as that's just fair...but i'm PMing you anyway...

Archived