Alysum

hello..... :)

I know where you can get a FF for aprox 93 ($175) brand new & postage is free if you live in the USA. If your outside the UK then you have to ask for a quote. That were i'm getting mine from anyway... I think there's 9 left.

I shall get mine during May.

Ok...this thread is huuuuge and I don't really know what I'm looking for...I just have some questions about the fuzz factory...

All the websites I seem to find to buy one on are from the U.S.A and i live in th UK...are there any decent websites that sell it in the U.K...or...europe...?

Also, how does the power supply work? Does it run on a battery or do you need to plug it into a power source? If so, would there be any problems with U.S.A and U.K power supply thingies...like...if you bought one from the U.S.A and wanted to use it in the U.K

Any help appreciated.

Cheeeers

Fuzz Factories come as battery only devices, unless you buy the cheaper Vexter series. These have standard 9v DC in sockets which aren't continent specific, you just buy the adpater in this country for the socket. The standard FF's can have a "Power Plate" bought for them, this gives you the same 9v DC socket.

There are many sites in the UK that you can buy them from, Manson's stock them and you can also find them regularly on eBay, but I strongly reccomend trying one out before you buy.

do you think if i went into London i could easily find a guitar shop that would have a fuzz factory in?..cos my local shops don't stock them, and london is the closest big city
yup, for sure. Music Ground on Denmark Street (Tottenham Court Road, Charing Cross, Shaftsbury Avenue sort of area) always has Zvex stock in.

i think manson's is overpriced for the fuzz factory, i doubt i will spend 160 on it, if you look around a bit you can get it far cheaper
Now Manson's have brought their prices down, they're actually quite competitive. As far as buying it from a shop in the UK goes, 140-160 is a resonable price, I would say.

Guest bshuker
is that the only item they've brought prices down on?

i dont know if theyve brought down other stuff but it doesnt look like they have, have a gander at the website and see

After hearing the zvex Fuzz Factory for the first time I wanted to create something which could contend with it on the 'super fuzz' level it seems to operate at. The Fuzz Korps is my attempt at this. And I can safely say I am more than pleased with the results; this thing can create just as many buzzes, pops, squeaks, squeals and whizzes as the fuzz factory plus a bit extra!

well apparently it is, haha

Fuzz Factories come as battery only devices, unless you buy the cheaper Vexter series. These have standard 9v DC in sockets which aren't continent specific, you just buy the adpater in this country for the socket. The standard FF's can have a "Power Plate" bought for them, this gives you the same 9v DC socket.

There are many sites in the UK that you can buy them from, Manson's stock them and you can also find them regularly on eBay, but I strongly reccomend trying one out before you buy.

yes, please try one before you buy! they're shifty little buggers. all that squealing and nonsense... 8^)

the newest fuzz factory model does have a DC power jack built-in, and it just started shipping recently. ask the dealer which type they have in stock.

Archived