Alysum

it would be about the same price and much less hassle to get the unit from here. That's when you factor in import tax and stuff too.

I havn't paid all the money though (aprox £110) because my Dad payed £30 as a little B-Day prezy, so I payed £80. ;)

hey...i'm not sure what the complete facts are regarding the vextor model, but I'm pretty sure these ones require you to plug them in, via a jack plug....my question is, does the new ff come with such a plug or must you purchase it for yourself? And given that you've ordered it from america, if it did come with a plug, you're gonna need an adaptor if it does indeed only run from a jack plug!

hey...i'm not sure what the complete facts are regarding the vextor model, but I'm pretty sure these ones require you to plug them in, via a jack plug....my question is, does the new ff come with such a plug or must you purchase it for yourself? And given that you've ordered it from america, if it did come with a plug, you're gonna need an adaptor if it does indeed only run from a jack plug!
what?

they still run from batteries by default, they just have a cylindrical standard "Boss-style" 9VDC input...no cable/adapter is supplied, just like with a boss pedal.

Hello Yellowsphere.

I think it was you that a while ago told me about a shop in London that sold fuzz factories and I couldn't find it in the thread (this is a very popular thread)...i think you said it was near a train station...what/where was it?.../what was it called?

cheeers

Hello Yellowsphere.

I think it was you that a while ago told me about a shop in London that sold fuzz factories and I couldn't find it in the thread (this is a very popular thread)...i think you said it was near a train station...what/where was it?.../what was it called?

cheeers

it's Music Ground. It's on Denmark Street. you can contact them by email: musicgnd@aol.com

good place to try 'em out. You can haggle them down too, as I found out :p.

You can haggle anyhere, You could get a better deal with Sounds Great for a Fuzz Probe if you haggled with them (They sell them for the same price as the "deal" MG offered you)

i dont think peopel are gonna want to buy a "brand new" one of a single person for the same price that they coudl get one from a company that woudl give them a little bit of cover and a chance to return it...at least offer something better than the shops

Did some of you guys read that review on Harmony-Central ?

Price Paid: N/A

Ease of Use: 8

It started to give me headaches from the first 30 seconds, but then afterwards my head developed a special extra suited ' fuzz skin ', so i got used to it pretty quicklky. DOES ANYONE LICK THEIR FUZZ FACTORY??

Sound Quality: 8

As i am guitar tech for matthew bellamy from Muse, I have had encouters when the pots would seem to be quite uncontrollable in the sense that they would either become extremely squeely and that his customs mansons would lose their integrity and tone.

But usually these little devils work wonders, and I feel that they should be proudly owned by anyone serious about playing experimental music and avant garde stuff.

Reliability: 4

Quite paradoxical i know.. But i would say I've had the most experience than anyone on this board and I will be honest. They are not reliable, unless well protected, they have a habit of changning sound quite radically in different conditions, and if yours has not been inbuilt, there is a strong possibility that it could destroy your guitar's tone.

Customer Support: 10

Zvex is very quick to respond to my emails, so yeah he's pretty good on the support category.

Overall Rating: 7

I play mainly blues rock, a bit of bluesgrass, but mainly I just tune em up and maintain.

Submitted by Anonymous at 01/08/2005 08:58

If that's not a joke, it means Paul English posts reviews.

Quite funny :p

Yeah, good point... Why don't you sell it for £90 Anexine? Mine is brand new and cost about £110. So it ain't exactly an offer :stunned:

Really ?..Well mine came to the total of £130 odd. Sorry for the confusion , Well nothings wrong with it - I Just dont like the sound it produces; Simple as that. :)

You have forgotten to add import tax and VAT to that ;)

Not so cheap then....

There is no VAT and the import tax may not be needed as the shop selling the pedal a sorting it out... Don't know much though... I think thery're gonna fake the cost or summot :LOL:

good place to try 'em out. You can haggle them down too, as I found out :p.

i went there today and had a go on a Fuzz Probe, just cos I'm not in London very often and figured the fuzz probe would have the same sound as the fuzz factory, just used differently.

It was hilariously fun/funny to play...I think I started to annoy people in the shop though...

Archived