Alysum

note: nobody has been banned regarding the recent fuzz factory copy stuff, i don't think anyone should really be flamed for what happened either it was an interesting topic and things got out of hand. as far as i understand everything has been resolved and everything should now continue harmonious knowing that that discussion is now off limits here.

if you have any questions about this feel free to ask?

@ =chris=, thats ace i'll see about moving that info to the faq or the start of this thread :)

For those having problems of getting a sound from their FFs where they don't get a load of mud with chords (excluding Stab full settings). Try this:

Gate half (12'o'clock/pointing to the heavens)

Drive half aswell

Stab sets the tone or feedback pitch

Comp also controls it, or if you turn it enough, gets rid of feedback.

Just try a few chords with it, you should be able to tell them apart easily with those settings.

just to let anyone that cares knows, my fuzz is now completely sorted :)

the oscillation problems were to do with my pick up's distance from the strings, i lowered them loads recently to reduce the attacking noise from my pick but it weakened the guitar signal so that the oscillation was over powering the guitar... all good now though :) new stab pot is perfect aswell, no noise what so ever :D

just to let anyone that cares knows, my fuzz is now completely sorted :)

the oscillation problems were to do with my pick up's distance from the strings, i lowered them loads recently to reduce the attacking noise from my pick but it weakened the guitar signal so that the oscillation was over powering the guitar... all good now though :) new stab pot is perfect aswell, no noise what so ever :D

when i turn my volume off on my gibson LP it still oscillates when it shouldn't, is this what happened to you? when i use my single coil peavey this doesn't happen it just oscillates then bam right when it hits 0 it's off. any suggestions?

i think on certain settings thing can happen, either that or your volume pot on your guitar is dodgey, if you hit it does it cut out haha...

mine just had problems with the guitar signal cutting through the oscillation and the stab pot was faulty.

Phil so you dont that noise we talked about in the pm because of the distance from the pickup and the strings?

nah my problem was slightly different, its just that as you pick the string i think that mutes it for a split second while your pick is in contact and then the oscillation cuts in and thats what causes that noise, i think its pretty much unavoidable, although i haven't noticed too much, i'll check tomorrow for you if its still doing it...

Guest bshuker

Just so you know, Manson's have lowered the price of the fuzz factory to £169, however they no longer sell the internal kit. They also still charge £200 for internal installation if you want that

Archived