Alysum

I have a high end modelling FX unit (Boss GT-6), which I am now starting to replace with single unit pedals. I only find the GT-6 useful when recording now. The single pedals sound better, are easier to use and more satisfying aswell.

My mate used to have one of them, sold it to buy single pedals :LOL:

I think it is justified, you just talked a load of bollocks. I just said I don't like using them, as I find them to much hassle compared to the plug'n'play nature of a pedal.

And I wouldn't say I'm a purist, just like things simple, multi-effects are not at all.

And I think my idea of interesting is completely different to yours, combining various amps isn't particularly interesting to me.

And why cant you plug and play with a multi effects. Theres a bit of editing to find the sound you want but thats the same with single pedals. And i was just writing my opinion so id prefer you didnt call it bollocks.

I think what most people loose sight on here is the fact that the whole multi effects and single effects is a SUBJECTIVE matter. We all know what subjective means, it is basically, in this case, the opinions of one person. We are all different and have different preferences. If haze likes single effects, then he likes single effects. If EternallyMused1 like multi, then he likes multi. There is no difinitive correct way to have a setup. And I think that under no circumstances, should we be trying to influence people to change their mind on a direction they want to go with amps, pedals etc.

I see a few people on this board, who dont answer peoples questions, but tell them to go down a different route. Now, when someone asks what pedal they should go with over another, just answer the bloody question, dont say "dont get them, get this" but by all means, at the end of giving your opinion on THE PEDALS/AMPS IN QUESTION, say something like "but you might like to conider...............blah blah".

Hope that all made sense. I just thought that something like this was long overdue.

I think what most people loose sight on here is the fact that the whole multi effects and single effects is a SUBJECTIVE matter. We all know what subjective means, it is basically, in this case, the opinions of one person. We are all different and have different preferences. If haze likes single effects, then he likes single effects. If EternallyMused1 like multi, then he likes multi. There is no difinitive correct way to have a setup. And I think that under no circumstances, should we be trying to influence people to change their mind on a direction they want to go with amps, pedals etc.

I see a few people on this board, who dont answer peoples questions, but tell them to go down a different route. Now, when someone asks what pedal they should go with over another, just answer the bloody question, dont say "dont get them, get this" but by all means, at the end of giving your opinion on THE PEDALS/AMPS IN QUESTION, say something like "but you might like to conider...............blah blah".

Hope that all made sense. I just thought that something like this was long overdue.

Yeh i know, i didnt say i was against him for having single pedals its his choice. But i was just giving my opinion like i said.

hi, so if I was to get an ff pedal, a dsl or tsl amp would be the best option to go wid it? Im lookin for a combo amp for gigging wid, priced around £300. You think you guys could give me an idea of which one I should get. thnx.

get the dsl combo, or even the head. if you REALLY want the tsl and the extra crunch channel by all means get it but the switching pedal is a beats compared to the DSL (i have the tsl 100 and i wish i got the dsl100). but i'm from america and don't know what is priced what blah blah blah.

I dont find anything hard about using multi-effects. Infact after programming them right they are much easier to use then single pedals. Ive noticed that haze hates technology for some reason, you dont like the fact that line 6 all digital (ex. spider II). All I have to say that multi-effect pedals arent that such of a bad thing. I mean if it wasnt for the guitar world advancing we would all probably be playing classical guitars :rolleyes: (btw i dont think i made any sense blah blah blah )

Yeh i know, i didnt say i was against him for having single pedals its his choice. But i was just giving my opinion like i said.

You weren't though, you were just saying that I'm wrong, when all I said was that I don't like them.

I don't know why there is such a big deal, i mean its hardly like anyone on this message board is at the point when getting a perfect tone really matters. When people are paying £20 a ticket to come and see you, then you should start worrying about getting a professional sound, because, you probably will be professional. Saying that, I find stomp boxes a lot easier to use and fine tune, I've tried my hand at using a pod but it wasn't for me, but my friend can get some really good sounds out of his line6.

im quite glad jaicien cant sell them ff's anymore.. well atleast not in the open but still "on the shade" he could

it was quite annoying me how much miney he would be making out of someone elses design.. and he wasnt even making it as good..

no offence to you or anything. it just seemed liek stealing and everyone hear was being done out of money lol

No one seemed to care before complaints came in. You're such a suck-up!

He offered a good deal, and he was trying to clear a debt. He just made the mistake of refering it to a FF copy!

He should of said "I've made a circuit that oscillates if anyone wants one!"

But there you go. Shit happens. Did he get banned, or just warned?

No i agree with no3chris. He was totally in the wrong, making money out of someones hard work. And i dont think its right him getting out of debt through illegal practices. Er, anyway, yeah, it wasnt as good a copy, he didnt have all the proper components etc.

If he wasn't using the right components then surely it doesn't count as a replica, then??

he was making vex's FF's. he was trying to make money out of someone else's work, and he was trying to find the components that would compromise a fuzz factory. he's a low, unimaginitive, con.

if a slightly expensive one :p

what happened? is it in jaicens thread? did i miss something? :unsure: not too happy about the copies of mattocasters he's doin either :confused: i can see its ok if one person makes a copy for themselves..but to make a profit of someone elses design and hard work is just wrong...i woud never buy one anyway, if i was gonan have a copy, it would definately be a mansons, or else id make my own which would be different

Archived