Alysum

I wouldn't recommend buying one from those demo's. It sounds different through every set up. ( http://www.purevolume.com/blueshiftuk ) thats more what to expect from a FF

The stab knob will only do whatever you want it to do.

I think you should have done more research into it, rather than listen to a few demo's, then buy it.

Bite the bullet, sounds a tad inspired by a certain muse song :p

I have sorted out my plan to wire a FF into my Tele :happy:

THE HELP

My uncle is very experianced with modding guitars, as he's done it to some of his own in the past and he's a qualified electrician and carpenter. My Dad is good at soldering as well.

THE ROUGH PLAN

Were going to take the circuit board and pots out of the FF box and drill holes in the guitar front (with a smaller routed section at the back) with a normal switch to put fuzz on in place of the foot switch. Then obviously route it to the pickups.

We are still looking into it... Would you agree on what we are going to do so far?

Cheers :D

you need to make sure your jack is stereo, not mono, i'm not sure why i just remember readying that, maybe something to do with the true bypass.

also the pots are actually soldered onto the circuit board, you'll need to put some wires between them and the circuit board in order to have any reaching to an external point on your guitar.

hope thats of some help to you

if i was you i'd just use a floor mounted FF and a "3rd Hand" pedal to adjust the stab knob with, if you are interested in this check out musictoyz.com or search this forums for third hand :)

ok so i have a peavey raptor and it's single coil, and i have a gibson LP, when i use the peavey with the FF the stab works fine, you know when i turn the volume down it cuts the radio-like sound off. when i use my LP with the humbuckers.. it doesn't shut it off.. does anyone know why this does it? could it be that i need a new volume pot on my guitar?

Thanks for the further advice dudes :cool:

By the way... I HAVE JUST ORDERED MY FUZZ FACTORY!!! I should hopefuly have it by next saturday or posibly earlier!!! (5-7 days)!

Jesus Christ! (no ofence) i'm so excited!!! Muse+Me=Excitement!!!!!! :rolleyes:

yeah so i was watching the video from italy and yeah matt only uses the FF during blackout. even during newborn he just uses it to do the whole oscillating.. then right when he's done he switches the channels. so yeah if you want to get matt's sound buy a VH4 haha... well.. or a DSL100 will do too

you can get a pretty matt-esque sound out of a tech 21 sansamp actually, i have one, found a nice high gain distortion on it that works well for songs like deadstar and newborn tsp etc. i tried playing stockholm syndrome like this but that song just doesn't sound good through it compared to a FF.

yeah so i was watching the video from italy and yeah matt only uses the FF during blackout. even during newborn he just uses it to do the whole oscillating.. then right when he's done he switches the channels. so yeah if you want to get matt's sound buy a VH4 haha... well.. or a DSL100 will do too
He probably used it on Plug In Baby, since that is THE Fuzz Factory song...

Archived