hot damn i own this thread! but anyways, I found another meaning for Plug in Baby :D

"It's about a hallucination where you see triangular blades going towards the corner of your brain, y'know? And it can be brought on by overexposure to microwaves AHAHAHA" -Matt

I thought that was for Microcuts? Still funny nonetheless! :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it was posted before:

Interviewer ( I think Zane Lowe, not sure though, during a BBC radio interview): So, you know, you're in France and you're recording this record and at some point you decide to relocate to New York city. Was there a particular reason why you decided to change your environment? (...) Where were you in fact?

:matt:: In Chateau Miraval... but err... it's like a 600 acre aria of complete bizerkness. I mean, it's like trees, vines and a bunch of drunk french people... not that many, maybe 4 or 5 of them. And we find them hanging around in the orchards. But basically, it was very cut off from, you know, social life as a city I suppose. It's real country life out there. I think...err, I think it was good for us to write in that way but after a while we were going up the wall a bit... I was reading books about like, you know... err, how to purify water and survive in the wilderness and stuff, you know, I mean, I was kind of a... err :)... I was genuinely sort of thinking of like, you know... building a cage...

:dom:: ...how to live off the land... :D

:matt:: ...yeah, live off the land and building a self-sustaining home and I thought world was coming to an end, the oil is running out and next think I do is eating grapes for the rest of my life. :LOL::musesign:

I couldn't help but go awww!! when I read this on NME's website :happy:

Matt on the first love of his life: "My babysitter. She saved my life when I was choking once and after that I loved her."

Especially when you see the picture they've posted it with.

muse_paphotos_L50609.jpg

/fangirl moment :p

Young Matt getting annoyed at NME for accusing him of being fake. 'Look, if you listen to our music and think it's fraudulent, I don't care, go away. I don't need to win people over. People who get it will get it and people who don't, just don't. I'm not desparate to win over people who fucking don't. I'm just concerned with the people who can relate to it. That's life. I'm not going to change myself to try to get on with everybody. It's impossible. '

Young Matt getting annoyed at NME for accusing him of being fake. 'Look, if you listen to our music and think it's fraudulent, I don't care, go away. I don't need to win people over. People who get it will get it and people who don't, just don't. I'm not desparate to win over people who fucking don't. I'm just concerned with the people who can relate to it. That's life. I'm not going to change myself to try to get on with everybody. It's impossible. '

Awww. I like to read that actually. You tell them Matt! :D What is that from and when was it? *considering it for future signature quote* :chuckle:

Unfortunately so, though it appears to be in the context of trying to work out whether to trust negative comments on a football website. Still..:(

There you go:

http://http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/roll/edz5/chris_wolstenholme__a_millers_museings_final_part_480114/index.shtml

Awww :( that makes me hate even more the beef on this board and people who keep indeed slagging them off just for the sake of it. :mad: anyways, thank you for the link!

sorry, off-topic

• 2 weeks later...

This bit of interview wonderfulness had to be chronicled:

Matt: you know, we may try something a little more theatrical. You know I love people like... lady gaga. These kinds of performers who just-

Dom: :stunned::chuckle:

644034_sgif0.gif?t=1275452523

Zane: What, the beardface?? I'm not too sure about that

Dom: That was fucking funny!

Matt: No, I love all that.

Dom: (Laughing)

Zane: That was weird though...

Matt: I think it's brilliant

Dom: And the red outfit! (Laughs)

Matt: :indiff:

644034_sgif0-1.gif?t=1275452391

I just read the interview, actually because it's in NME special magazine which I've just got, which is nice. It doesn't come over the same when you read it in context, more defensive. I do feel like, reading it, that they pushed him quite alot. He'd cope with it now but he was quite young at the time and it makes me feel a bit choked. It feels like a demonstration of the feeling behind Citizen Erased.

There's a few good ones from the latest Q magazine interview :LOL:

Ever had a near death experience?

Chris: A couple of days ago actually. Really dodgy flight into LA, the weather was bad. I thought it was all over for a minute. We seemed to drop a thousand feet instantly.

Matt: If it had jolted any more Dom would have just come out and said, 'I'm gay'.

Dom, you've been hit by Matt's flying guitars before. What measures do you take to protect yourself from his 'theatrics'?

Dom: My reflexes have become alot quicker. I had stitches in my eye once after he cut it. And a tetanus injection....

Matt:...In his bum! We came backstage and he was bent over a table, his bum hanging out. That was the main reason I did it. Any excuse to get Dom to bend over and pull his pants down.

:LOL:

From the newest Rock am Ring Interview, something along the lines of:

Interviewer: Do you sometimes think you're invincible by now?

Matt: Yeah, we're totally invincible.

[bla bla about getting caught in a positive cycle 'cause you play better / more confidently when you're successful, thereby getting more successful etc.]

Interviewer: Exactly. Where will it end?

Matt: Where will it end? I might go to Hollywood, get a drug addiction and end up committing suicide.

Archived