DB: OK, so what you're saying is that you'll build a stage show around what will be the set list?

CW: Kind of, yeah. I mean we try and be a little bit flexible with the set list, but it has actually become a bit of a problem now, because the way the set list is structured at the minute, with the production and everything, it does have to be a bit consistent every night. We've got these lifts that move up and down, and the problem is that 20 years ago people didn't know any different, because people from Birmingham would go to the gig in Birmingham, and that's all they would see. Thirty gigs later you'll be in Stockholm or something, and that'll be the first time people have seen that show.

Nowadays, as soon as you've done the first show, the whole f****** lot's online and people are

expecting to see something different every night. We're assuming that the people we are playing to are seeing this for the first time - if you spoiled it by going on YouTube, that's not our fault!

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/roll/edz5/chris_wolstenholme__a_millers_museings__pt2_480117/index.shtml

DB: OK, so what you're saying is that you'll build a stage show around what will be the set list?

CW: Kind of, yeah. I mean we try and be a little bit flexible with the set list, but it has actually become a bit of a problem now, because the way the set list is structured at the minute, with the production and everything, it does have to be a bit consistent every night. We've got these lifts that move up and down, and the problem is that 20 years ago people didn't know any different, because people from Birmingham would go to the gig in Birmingham, and that's all they would see. Thirty gigs later you'll be in Stockholm or something, and that'll be the first time people have seen that show.

Nowadays, as soon as you've done the first show, the whole f****** lot's online and people are

expecting to see something different every night. We're assuming that the people we are playing to are seeing this for the first time - if you spoiled it by going on YouTube, that's not our fault!

http://www.rotherhamunited-mad.co.uk/roll/edz5/chris_wolstenholme__a_millers_museings__pt2_480117/index.shtml

That's interesting. I didn't even notice there were other parts to the interview.

This made me laugh.

Matt popped his head out from his bunk and asked what was wrong. So I told him that I thought I'd hurt my wrist pretty badly…..he just shook his head and closed his curtain, muttering 'for f*ck's sake'.

Unsympathetic sod! :LOL:

"I'll wait a thousand years

Just to see you smile again"

[Resistance]

"Give me your heart and your soul"

[Hysteria]

"And how can we win?

When fools can be kings"

[Knights of Cydonia]

"You set my soul alight"

[supermassive Black Hole]

and others

"I'll wait a thousand years

Just to see you smile again"

[Resistance]

"Give me your heart and your soul"

[Hysteria]

"And how can we win?

When fools can be kings"

[Knights of Cydonia]

"You set my soul alight"

[supermassive Black Hole]

and others

He's lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm new here and I have some quote from the guys, I hope I'll write it down first :happy:

Dom: The whole concept is based on these 3 big towers which might be some kind of ...aaaaa...strange ministries, backdrop of....city backdrop..

Matt: With a ..

Dom: *looks confused at Matt* aaaa

Matt: *laughs*

Dom: what's in the background.. aarrgh you ruined it *random hand gestures* I've lost it now because of that! *giggles and sigh*

Matt: We have a modified version, so it based on...something, which is based on something else *laugs*

The most important thing on stage.

Matt: Good monitors.*more laugh*

:happy::D Good night guys! :)

Dom finding a picture of Dombread in his fanmail:

dom: What?! Whos done that? Now thats fanmail getting wierder and wierder.

some dude: What is it?

dom: its my face on a loaf of bread

some dude: ok, how have they done that?

dom: well, they've taken my face and stuck it on a loaf of bread. What are they gonna call it? Breadhead

another guy: laughs *spreads butter on the picture*

dom: it reminds me a bit of the mighty boosh

Hi everyone, this is my first post here :) Just thought I'd contribute! This is not exactly a quote from the band themselves, but I found it pretty funny:

"When performing in non-English speaking countries, Dom talks to the crowd by reading off a series of cue cards…

…And when performing in the Far East they were sabotaged by his bandmates. This resulted in Dom greeting the crowd by saying: “I have a nice bum!” "

(credits: http://www.musedrums.co.uk/?page_id=200)

Hi everyone, this is my first post here :) Just thought I'd contribute! This is not exactly a quote from the band themselves, but I found it pretty funny:

"When performing in non-English speaking countries, Dom talks to the crowd by reading off a series of cue cards…

…And when performing in the Far East they were sabotaged by his bandmates. This resulted in Dom greeting the crowd by saying: “I have a nice bum!” "

This just HAD to happen one day, why am I not surprised :LOL:

:LOL: That one's awesome!!

I just came across this one and thought it was adorable:

“When I was about four, I always use to watch that programme, and it really got to me. You see the roadrunner just torturing this coyote. The coyote dies in a horrible way every day - he gets blown up, or crushed by a rock, or something - and I just used to think it was unfair. Didn't I want the roadrunner to get away? No, because it's the coyote's right to eat the roadrunner - he's higher up the food chain. I think if they'd made the roadrunner a bit more friendly, or a bit more human, I would have understood. But I didn't ever relate to the roadrunner, I never actually wanted him to get away.”

-Matt

“When I was about four, I always use to watch that programme, and it really got to me. You see the roadrunner just torturing this coyote. The coyote dies in a horrible way every day - he gets blown up, or crushed by a rock, or something - and I just used to think it was unfair. Didn't I want the roadrunner to get away? No, because it's the coyote's right to eat the roadrunner - he's higher up the food chain. I think if they'd made the roadrunner a bit more friendly, or a bit more human, I would have understood. But I didn't ever relate to the roadrunner, I never actually wanted him to get away.”

-Matt

Nawww, thats so cute :happy:

I love that show!!

Dom finding a picture of Dombread in his fanmail:

dom: What?! Whos done that? Now thats fanmail getting wierder and wierder.

some dude: What is it?

dom: its my face on a loaf of bread

some dude: ok, how have they done that?

dom: well, they've taken my face and stuck it on a loaf of bread. What are they gonna call it? Breadhead

another guy: laughs *spreads butter on the picture*

dom: it reminds me a bit of the mighty boosh

:LOL: oh Matteh and his butter

:rolleyes:

"We're rehearsing songs we haven't played in years".

:awesome:

-Matt

Love this one, I share Matt's feelings... I still do not like the roadrunner :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Ever had a near death experience?

Chris: A couple of days ago, actually. Really dodgy flight into LA, the weather was bad. I thought it was all over for a minute. We seemed to drop a thousand feet instantly.

Matt: If it had jolted any more Dom would have just come out and said, "I'm gay".:pope:

Ever had a near death experience?

Chris: A couple of days ago, actually. Really dodgy flight into LA, the weather was bad. I thought it was all over for a minute. We seemed to drop a thousand feet instantly.

Matt: If it had jolted any more Dom would have just come out and said, "I'm gay".:pope:

I didn't get that. Still don't. Just seemed a bit unnecessary really, unless there is a joke there that I've missed.

I didn't get that. Still don't. Just seemed a bit unnecessary really, unless there is a joke there that I've missed.

well Matt has teased Dom about his "homosexuality" for years :chuckle:

i think one of the fan interviewers asked a question (it wasnt filmed):

FAN: "What question are you surprised no one has asked you before?"

MATT: "Dom, are you a raging homosexual?":chuckle:

well Matt has teased Dom about his "homosexuality" for years :chuckle:

i think one of the fan interviewers asked a question (it wasnt filmed):

FAN: "What question are you surprised no one has asked you before?"

MATT: "Dom, are you a raging homosexual?":chuckle:

"They're a bit gay aren't they?"

"He's got all sorts of gay trousers"

"His faff bag has become bigger and bigger. Now he's got like, ointments... moisturizers... and he's started wearing- ...I don't mean to sound- ... quite gay clothes. When we first met, he would certainly never wear yellow trousers while headlining Reading Festival, there's just no way he would do that. Now he's got pink trousers, yellow trousers, orange trousers... he's got loads of weird tight shirts..."

poor dom :chuckle:, so much abuse. does anyone have any more?

"They're a bit gay aren't they?"

"He's got all sorts of gay trousers"

"His faff bag has become bigger and bigger. Now he's got like, ointments... moisturizers... and he's started wearing- ...I don't mean to sound- ... quite gay clothes. When we first met, he would certainly never wear yellow trousers while headlining Reading Festival, there's just no way he would do that. Now he's got pink trousers, yellow trousers, orange trousers... he's got loads of weird tight shirts..."

poor dom :chuckle:, so much abuse. does anyone have any more?

The funny thing about those quotes is that now Matt wears those hideous tight pink trousers as well. :LOL::LOL::LOL: