shh! i love it! :LOL:

here's a great bit from an article, really touching :) :

Teignmouth is also where Muse’s world tour kicked off this week on a huge field near the water. What a coup for a town that was – its most famous sons coming back to the place where they first bonded over music as teenagers, especially over the indie-punk bands such as Mega City Four, The Wedding Present, and Senseless Things.

Still, Dom points out, this was after Matt got over his shellsuit rapper phase. His shellsuit rapper phase? “Oh, yeah. There’s lots of things about our early days that people should find out.”

And find out we shall.

One overcast evening in 1993, a long-haired boy in New Age baggy trousers walked across The Den, a large patch of grass on Teignmouth seafront. He approached Matt Bellamy, a sporty kid in Hi-Techs who liked rapper Derek B, Run-DMC and the KLF. “My gang was over there, Dom’s gang was over there,” remembers Matt. “Dom walked over. Went (Juts out lip) ‘Alright’, I went, (Juts out lip again) ‘Alright’. He looked like Kurt Cobain and the people with all laughed – you know, what’s this weirdo want?” And then Dom said, ‘(Moves head in) Don’t tell anyone, but our guitarist’s crap and never turns up for rehearsals, so do you fancy a go?” Matt giggles again. “Got to give the boy credit, he broke the gang barrier!”

But Matt had a secret that he hadn’t told his sporty friends: he had already seen Dom’s band playing live. They were called – but of course – Gothic Plague, and girls seemed to flock to them. “That got my attention”, says Matt. “Teignmouth’s your usual small town – you’re trying to get with a girl, and then some dodgy old geezer turns up in a Capri and that’s it, they’ve gone! Then I saw Dom’s band, and all these girls staring at them, and thought, “Hmm, these guys have got something,” that’s when I started playing the guitar…”

Dom had noticed Matt strumming in their music class, knew he had a knack for it, and soon got Matt trading in his Hi-Techs for Dr Martens. Together, they got into Rage Against The Machine, Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr, formed a new group, the Rocket Baby Dolls, and eventually recruited Chris from a school year below. They renamed themselves Muse. They practiced in a grubby rehearsal room for which they still have the keys (“We went there the other week, and it was all mold, cobwebs and mushrooms,” Dom winces) and played gigs in Teignmouth’s Ivy House in 1995, just before it got turned into retirement flats.

Until 2009, that was the last time Muse played a concert in town. Matt still remembers when their first tour began there, and the excitement he felt.

“That memory of getting of getting into our crappy orange tour bus, grinning like idiots, going out from town into the big unknown…” His eyes glaze over and he shakes his head. “It reminds me of that excitement of starting out. But by starting our world tour here this time, we’re also reminding local kids that you can get out there and do what we did.” He smiles. “It means a lot.”

:happy:

it is touching indeed :) love it

Actually, he's saying "That's the biggest mosh pit I've ever seeeen! ...And I've seen a few."

That's what I also made of it. But the funny thing is, every time I tried to concentrate to figure out what he was saying, and played it again and again, I couldn't understand a word. Then when I finally gave up and just listened to the album without concentrating on that line, I suddenly understood it all :LOL:

Interview with matt and dom:

If i was a.....

Matt - if i was a musical instrument i'd be, well its boring but i'll go for piano, because you know its a, all the notes are equal.

Dom - if i was an actor i would be, um,

Matt - Luke Skywalker!

Dom - *laughs* I would be, well you know, one of my favourite actors is Christopher Walken.

Matt - *laughs and randomly throws a piece of paper*

Dom - um, hes just, real cool, i love how hes got this great, almost spontanious style of acting, and just great talent. Id like to have that talent for sure.

Matt - if i was a sitcom, id be the office, from England, yeah yeah, im not sure why, i just think its quite funny, so if i wanted to be a sitcom id be that one.

Dom - have we got to do all of these?

Matt - yeah, we'll do em quick.

Dom - if i was a festival id be.... Um lets see, i like the reading festival in the Uk, it was the first festival wr went to, and we had a wicked time.

Matt - If i was an internet homepage?! *laughs*

Dom - *laughs* who came up with these?

Matt - i would eerr, i cant remember the name, from the wilderness? I think its called fromthewilderness.com, its a really cool website full of alternative news.

Dom - *laughs*

Matt - i dunno *laughs*

Dom - if i was a sports club i would be, aahh, um, eer, broad meadows sports club in teignmouth, because its close to where im from.

Matt - if i was a different mandbember, bandmember than i am now i woud be, well i cant play the drums, so id be chris, id play the bass.

Dom - good answer.

Matt - *laughs*

Dom - If i was a home shopping channel product i would be, um, one of those toasters that you can boil an egg on the side, no poach an egg, rather. So you could have a poached egg and toast.

Matt - practical

Dom - yep, nice and practical.

Matt - if i was a city i would be eer, Osaka in Japan. You know um cool clothes, clean streets and full of hot women.

Dom - if i was a fairytale figure i would be...

Matt - Johnny Borel!

Dom - What?! I would be eerm Yoda from starwars.

Matt - You actually look a bit like him, except not green! If i was in another band i would be guitar player in Rage Against The Machine, id be very happy with that, i would happily take that position, if it was ever available.

Dom - if i was a pet animal id be, a Boston Terrior, because its my favourite kind of dog. Pretty cool, quick, nimble.

Matt - if i was 21 again i would do exactly the same as when i was 21 again, basically. Have a good time on tour, free as a bird.

*matt randomly picks up a glass bottle and starts to drink from it*

Dom - *laughs* if i was a beer id be um, no id be um, what is it blue moon? Which is a vice beer. You know blonde same thing.

Matt - if i was a muppet figure id be. Whats it called? Animal? If i was a muppet figure id be Animal with the drumming. Because hes crazy i like him.

i figured it out when i was in my dads van and we had Haarp at full volume :)

we had a couple of people shouting at us because it was so loud lol. But i didnt care, it was MUSE after all ;) lol.

:LOL: Hahaha, theres no other way to watch it! :p

shh! i love it! :LOL:

here's a great bit from an article, really touching :) :

Teignmouth is also where Muse’s world tour kicked off this week on a huge field near the water. What a coup for a town that was – its most famous sons coming back to the place where they first bonded over music as teenagers, especially over the indie-punk bands such as Mega City Four, The Wedding Present, and Senseless Things.

Still, Dom points out, this was after Matt got over his shellsuit rapper phase. His shellsuit rapper phase? “Oh, yeah. There’s lots of things about our early days that people should find out.”

And find out we shall.

One overcast evening in 1993, a long-haired boy in New Age baggy trousers walked across The Den, a large patch of grass on Teignmouth seafront. He approached Matt Bellamy, a sporty kid in Hi-Techs who liked rapper Derek B, Run-DMC and the KLF. “My gang was over there, Dom’s gang was over there,” remembers Matt. “Dom walked over. Went (Juts out lip) ‘Alright’, I went, (Juts out lip again) ‘Alright’. He looked like Kurt Cobain and the people with all laughed – you know, what’s this weirdo want?” And then Dom said, ‘(Moves head in) Don’t tell anyone, but our guitarist’s crap and never turns up for rehearsals, so do you fancy a go?” Matt giggles again. “Got to give the boy credit, he broke the gang barrier!”

But Matt had a secret that he hadn’t told his sporty friends: he had already seen Dom’s band playing live. They were called – but of course – Gothic Plague, and girls seemed to flock to them. “That got my attention”, says Matt. “Teignmouth’s your usual small town – you’re trying to get with a girl, and then some dodgy old geezer turns up in a Capri and that’s it, they’ve gone! Then I saw Dom’s band, and all these girls staring at them, and thought, “Hmm, these guys have got something,” that’s when I started playing the guitar…”

Dom had noticed Matt strumming in their music class, knew he had a knack for it, and soon got Matt trading in his Hi-Techs for Dr Martens. Together, they got into Rage Against The Machine, Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr, formed a new group, the Rocket Baby Dolls, and eventually recruited Chris from a school year below. They renamed themselves Muse. They practiced in a grubby rehearsal room for which they still have the keys (“We went there the other week, and it was all mold, cobwebs and mushrooms,” Dom winces) and played gigs in Teignmouth’s Ivy House in 1995, just before it got turned into retirement flats.

Until 2009, that was the last time Muse played a concert in town. Matt still remembers when their first tour began there, and the excitement he felt.

“That memory of getting of getting into our crappy orange tour bus, grinning like idiots, going out from town into the big unknown…” His eyes glaze over and he shakes his head. “It reminds me of that excitement of starting out. But by starting our world tour here this time, we’re also reminding local kids that you can get out there and do what we did.” He smiles. “It means a lot.”

:happy:

Aw, that's so sweet. :happy:

On a ghost train or something like that....

A vampire thingy jumps out.

Matt - *laughs a lot* cheap bastard!

Some dude - you guys are such kids!

Where's this one from?

On a ghost train or something like that....

A vampire thingy jumps out.

Matt - *laughs a lot* cheap bastard!

Some dude - you guys are such kids!

Actually, he's laughing, then blurting out "...Cheap mask..." in reference to the cheap, rubber vampire that's currently attempting to scare them. ;)

This has most probably been posted before but:

Interviewer: What was the first single from the band's second studio album?

Matt: UNO.

Dom: NO, YOU IDIOT!

Me and my mate CANNOT stop watching the youtube video of it so she made a facebook group for it :phttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Dom-Howard-saying-NO-YOU-IDIOT/124966354207883

What made me laugh the most in that video was Matt's "buzzer" every time he was going to answer :LOL:

Archived