why have i heard this SO many times since the resistance was released..? (rhetorical question)

Sometimes it takes awhile to start liking a song or album. They usually turn out to be my favourite. :happy:

It was probably the same when BHAR was released but you weren't on this messageboard then. :)

To be a respected Muse fan, you have to criticise them now and again, and you can't defend them ever.

:chuckle: It's true.

Sometimes it takes awhile to start liking a song or album. They usually turn out to be my favourite. :happy:

It was probably the same when BHAR was released but you weren't on this messageboard then. :)

at the risk of sounding oos worshipping... and not caring;

I bet the message board didnt sound nearly as uncertain as this when oos or absolution came out...

guess its to do with the amount of people on the forum at the time but still..

i thought TR would be a grower.. but no.. it's really put me off recent muse unfortunately..

at the risk of sounding oos worshipping... and not caring;

I bet the message board didnt sound nearly as uncertain as this when oos or absolution came out...

guess its to do with the amount of people on the forum at the time but still..

i thought TR would be a grower.. but no.. it's really put me off recent muse unfortunately..

From what I've heard, a lot of people hated absolution when it came out.

The first time i heard Absolution I was a bit disappointed. But the album really grows on you. As every Muse album does actually.

Now Absolution is my favorite Muse album and has two of my all time favorite songs on it.

The small print and Thoughts of a dying atheist.

If they play one of those in Wembley my head will just pop of :dance:

The first time i heard Absolution I was a bit disappointed. But the album really grows on you. As every Muse album does actually.

Now Absolution is my favorite Muse album and has two of my all time favorite songs on it.

The small print and Thoughts of a dying atheist.

If they play one of those in Wembley my head will just pop of :dance:

Absolution was my introduction to Muse so it's always been awesome to me. :p

I have to say though that while I rarely like Muse songs right away, they are definitely growers, and I rarely ever get sick of listening to them.

Absolution was my introduction to Muse so it's always been awesome to me. :p

I have to say though that while I rarely like Muse songs right away, they are definitely growers, and I rarely ever get sick of listening to them.

I feel exactly the same Tofu. Every song grows on you. I never get sick of listening to Muse. Don't know what to choose in iTunes, just pop-on some Muse :-)

OOS was my real introduction to Muse, only knowing a few songs from Showbiz when i bought the second album. Listened to OOSand was blown away. Been a fan ever since!

Chris's bass is always challenging the rest of the instruments, that's never been a bad thing. That bloke knows what he's doing.

I think it's just because the vocal sounds like it's been recorded in a tunnel.

I think someone said about it being like Guiding Light. Well it is a bit like Guiding Light part 2 in story, vocally and in pace, but Guiding Light is easier to listen to - there's hope for one thing. I like the fact that Muse have sunshine in their clouds and humour in their darkness.

First impression was I disliked it in fact I thought the original was better. I don't claim to love every Muse song however the fact that Muse is my favourite band means I'll listen to songs I don't like again to give them another chance rather than totally dismiss it if it were a first impression on another band. I don't find Prague so bad now although it has taken me about 10 listens to it just to start liking it somewhat.

I don't like it. I see they were trying to go for this really dense and overdriven sound and I appreciate that, it could have been good, but its quite boring. There's some great vocal work that's gone a bit to waste. Ultimately it sounds a bit heavy-handed, like it wasn't worked on very much- a bit like B-side, really. :LOL:

Apologies if this isn't in the right place, but just a quickie: I've now got Prague and Popcorn (the CD and the Vinyl), but where do I get the digital download with the Tiesto remix? I did buy the 3 all-together bundle.

Thanks in advance.

Wow! I really liked that. For what it could represent as much as anything! :awesome:

Both sound like old Showbiz/OOS B-sides to me. Popcorn is wonderfully strange and Japanese computer game sounding; while Prague is raw, Grungey, gloriously noisy, lo-fi, and actually sounds surprisingly different. I genuinely hope this is a rough indication of the next album: Muse rediscovering their roots.

Yeah, Prague will annoy the commercial-pop-Muse fans, but listening to Muse should be like being beaten around the head with ear bleeding sonic harshness, it should be different and challenging - which is sadly unlike the sound of the actual single.

Apologies if this isn't in the right place, but just a quickie: I've now got Prague and Popcorn (the CD and the Vinyl), but where do I get the digital download with the Tiesto remix? I did buy the 3 all-together bundle.

Thanks in advance.

I concur. I got the email but with no link to download them :| help!?

Archived