I hadn't thought about the fact that they might play Prague live :stunned:

As far as i'm aware they've never played House of the Rising Sun or Please Please Let Me Get What I Want.

And Can't Take My Eyes Off You has been played live just twice in 8 years

I definitely like Muse's version more than Mega City Four's, but that is mainly because I like Bellamy's vocals better. That being said, the song is kind of boring. I'd be disappointed if they chose to play this song over another b-side.

+1

Popcorn and the Tiesto remix are awesome though :dance:

Well the song itself is fairly bland so you can't really do much with it. But Matt's vocals suit the style perfectly :happy:

Popcorn I'm happy with, but it doesn't have the :awesome: flowy sound it did at Tinmuff - you know, where there aren't any pauses between the guitar notes? :erm: Dunno the technical term.

My thoughts exactly. I think I'll wait for the CD to turn up and see if it's a grower. Not so sure right now.

Hmmm, just listened to it on some decent speakers as opposed to my laptop to see if the production appealed to me any more. I think for such a heavy sounding track it actually could have been made to sound a lot punchier than it does. If that makes any sense. Wonder who mixed this...

Yeah, I definitely preferred Popcorn with more legato playing (yay for technical terms), the first part sounds a bit too much like the original for my liking!

My thoughts exactly. I think I'll wait for the CD to turn up and see if it's a grower. Not so sure right now.

Hmmm, just listened to it on some decent speakers as opposed to my laptop to see if the production appealed to me any more. I think for such a heavy sounding track it actually could have been made to sound a lot punchier than it does. If that makes any sense. Wonder who mixed this...

Yeah, I definitely preferred Popcorn with more legato playing (yay for technical terms), the first part sounds a bit too much like the original for my liking!

I was wondering the same thing. I'm not knowledgeable about such things, but I think it could have done with the vocal more upfront. The vocal is so good that it seems a bit of a shame that its competing with the bass.

I do like it more than Popcorn. I really like Matt's vocals, of course the song is boring, but hey - I think the tone at least rises its listenability to 'enjoyable', which the orginal didn't have. I'm sure it'll sound beefier on the CD too, crappy NME clipping / compression / whatever it is.

Archived