I keep reading Tiesto as Tesco. So it's the Tesco remix from now on k? :p

:chuckle:

Where did the last bit come from? :LOL:

Hoodoo is fantastic, that's how you do a slow burner :yesey:

Hoodoo is AMAZING <3

I swear if GL is the fourth single I give up on them/ :p

Don't tempt fate :LOL:

Invincible video reminds me of the ride, Professor Burps Bubbleworks at Chessington World of Adventures. Anyone know what the hell Im on about? :$

BUBBLEWORKS <3 Omg, the Bubbleworks effing rule. Best ride ever, amirite?!

I will go to HMV and scribble out the word 'Light' on every CD cover and replace it with....something else!:LOL:

Maybe not, seeing as they no longer sell CD singles!:D

I've seen Fury and Megalomania(RAH baby!), Hoodoo (twice), Dead Star, Space Dementia AND Popcorn!

Not seen MK though :mad::mad::LOL:

Ha I've seen MK, but non of the ones you have seen. :(

We should do a trade. :p

I swear I saw someone put a listing up for a "Resistance Promo CD single" already. And it's on like.. £20. There isn't even a picture.

That happened with Undisclosed Desires, and that was before any other news about it being the single, besides radio DJs saying "this will be the next Muse single! :awesome:" to make themselves sound like they're in on something.

It was an obvious choice from day one. It doesn't matter what your favourite track is, its what is most distinctive, catchy and radio friendly. MK Ultra is catchy, but not radio friendly. Unnatural Selection isn't radio friendly either, but isn't worthy of a release anyway. I Belong to You is an obvious 4th single choice, if they release a fourth. Then its Guiding Light, which many rock fans may hate, but its better than Unnatural Selection, is more catchy, is more distinctive and is radio friendly.

I still don't know why they're bothering with another single though. I don't see it charting.

I just read the first four pages of this thread, then skipped to this last page. Some random responses to what I read:

I like this song.:D

It is anthemic

It would be a good single in the US (don't know 'bout elsewhere, never been elsewhere :()

It was obvious as a single, even before I saw the sticker

US and MK are more musically amazing, but

It might be nice to keep US and MK as our little secrets, then they won't be ruined by "non-fans" and uncool radio DJs

oh, and

It isn't okay, it doesn't happen to every guy, and it is a big deal!

bit carried away there, sorry ;)

Why would they release I Belong to You? They've never played it live?

Anyway, Butterflies and Hurricanes didn't sound like single material to me (or Stockholm Syndrome for that matter) but they got released because they were brilliant songs. Nowadays Muse go for the 'what will get radio play?' approach and that is a bit sad.

C'mon, as far as single releases go, Resistance is a solid choice. It amalgamates a lot of Muse's old and new sounds - the OoS-esque chorus which is very reminiscent of Plug In Baby, the pounding yet subtle verse part chimes back to Map Of The Problematique and then you have a nice dollop of newness, the spacey synthy intro and the Depeche Mode-come-Queen pre-chorus.

S'all good.

So then what do you think is next?

After Resistance?

Unnatural Selection. Just by the position it's being played in the set and the fact that all the other songs played at Teignmouth/Paris/Berlin promo shows from this album have ended up as singles, and it's catchy whilst still being a proper rock tune.

Archived