Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

Are you calling KoC silly?! :eek::LOL:

"No one's going to take me alive, the time has come to make things right. You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive."

That's silly? I think it's quite apt considering recent and current events...

it wasn't silly until we had to associate it to : koc.gif

Well, in one way i like it, i mean, i think the whole riding throught the desert in a sombrero with laser guns is hilarious! :LOL:

But, i watched it AFTER listening to the song, and it doesn't seem to be.....epic..enough for a song like that.

Even before i saw the vid, i could envision riding through the desert, but not quite the way it happens in the vid. :erm:

yeah but a "comical" video is a lame choice, because people are going to think the song is comical too, and ignore the quality of it, they'lljust think it's one of those parody songs...

Do you think it's a parody song? Why do you assume that THAT is the reaction of the viewers of this video? I'd say THAT's way too pretentious. Thank God the video is not, haha. ;)

Do you think it's a parody song? Why do you assume that THAT is the reaction of the viewers of this video? I'd say THAT's way too pretentious. Thank God the video is not, haha. ;)

it's a parody video, it'd gave anyone the impression it's a parody song.

I'll do the test with a mate if you want, I'll show the video and ask what she thinks of the song. I'm quite sure she's going to ask what the fuck is that joke. the whole of it, song and video.

and sorry but I can't see why thinking the video makes the song sounds parodic is pretentious :stunned:

yep. that's right. for all you youngsters out there. that song AND video is a totally stolen from the punk band called 999. The song they are taking from is called Obsessed (1981). Check out this video. I am amazed how much they took from it. not only the song, but the video concept as well. I really hope this was all on purpose as an homage to 999.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P23z58ZjZDc

and im sure Ripping Off Vids has been done before, and you really should be blaming Joseph Kahn cause he Directed it.

and, who cares?!

Looks nothing like Cydonia :S

OK, both videos are western-themed. Great. Just because all Coldplay's videos feature Chris Martin walking around pretending to look iconic doesn't mean they're ripping off Richard Ashcroft, who walks around meaninglessly in pretty much all his videos...

As for the song, the only similarlity I can see is the opening tremolo chord, which is pretty much taken as granted in a western-themed song...

Nothing to get upset about.

yep. that's right. for all you youngsters out there. that song AND video is a totally stolen from the punk band called 999. The song they are taking from is called Obsessed (1981). Check out this video. I am amazed how much they took from it. not only the song, but the video concept as well. I really hope this was all on purpose as an homage to 999.

get fucked :)

It isnt really much like it. Just the tremelo 'Em' at the start. But thats only to be expected as westerns are usually in minor keys and the tremelo effect makes it sound westerny. And we're not in denial, before anyone says it :p

Archived