Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

wow!

Ok up untill now i have always liked muse but have never been a massive fanboy... this song (and video) just changed all that, inspiring me to register on these forums!

Yeh the videos kinda silly / comic... but at the smae time its a 5 minute epic in its own right, what more do u want than a power struggle between good and evil set in a sci-fi western space opera universe? oh and ofcourse not to mention the luv interest, by the ways who is the actress who plays the princess?

pure geniuss imo

I'm not sure exactly why people don't like it so. It's an entertaining vid - it's got to be for a song that length and style. People aren't going to sit and watch a vid for that long unless it's got some sort of entertainment value. The song itself may not be an entire parody, and I can see that the vid may make it seem that way, but at the end of the day it's still a great song and at least those who are actual Muse fans know that, and surely that's what matters? :erm:

Am I the only one who thinks it is fitting for the song?

Sometimes over-indulgent, sometimes funny, sometimes unintentionally funny, over-dramatic and weird. And the video is the same.

i agree with that...i think its a great video for that song...so much so i couldn't picture any other kind of video for it!

Hi, just new to this board and having seen the video and listened to the song Knights of Cydonia by Muse I've gotta say I hear something Queen-like.

Don't get me wrong, I find the song very cool but it reminds me of Queen when they we're just starting off. Like the song 'March Of The Black Queen' or something like 'Ogre Battle' from the self named album Queen. It's like Muse's lyrics are about space and beyond, and Queen's lyrics are more about fantasy, sounds very experimental. I hope Muse doesn't end up with a dead singer though, trying to replace it with some inferior lead-man :)

Anyhow they're doing their own thing and I'm like it as is everybody else I know!

p.s.

Nobody knows Queen anymore probably, definitely not the early days I guess?

Hi, just new to this board and having seen the video and listened to the song Knights of Cydonia by Muse I've gotta say I hear something Queen-like.

Don't get me wrong, I find the song very cool but it reminds me of Queen when they we're just starting off. Like the song 'March Of The Black Queen' or something like 'Ogre Battle' from the self named album Queen. It's like Muse's lyrics are about space and beyond, and Queen's lyrics are more about fantasy, sounds very experimental. I hope Muse doesn't end up with a dead singer though, trying to replace it with some inferior lead-man :)

Anyhow they're doing their own thing and I'm like it as is everybody else I know!

p.s.

Nobody knows Queen anymore probably, definitely not the early days I guess?

Don't even THINK it!! :eek:

Am I the only one who thinks it is fitting for the song?

Nope. I love the video. Muse have proven that they can make serious videos, just because they make one that's a bit tongue in cheek it doesn't mean that they're suddenly a comedy bands.

Would you rather they made another "Uno?" (The first version.)

Nobody knows Queen anymore

You what?

Meh, I think it's fun. Pretty much how I imagined it though, I still see it as quite a powerful song, but the beginning with the horses galloping has always made me do a kind of 'ride the horsey' bounce when I hear it. Hence purchasing the hobby horse :D I get to prance like a little girl!

xxxx

I'm not bothered about the videos, as long as their music is still great. The video however did make me giggle, the Muse we know that don't take themselves too seriously came across in that.

On a slight side note, has anyone in the UK had problems trying to get the 7inch of KoC from Virgin? I got the Muse email saying they were doing the 3 for £5 (even had a look in the local HMV also, no joy). Went up to the counter with the cds and they said they weren't doing them anymore :'( I've been collecting all their cds etc and this is the first time I've not been able to get them (yeah I like CDs :p). Maybe it's just Sheffield or I was just unlucky.. :(

Archived