Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

I thought it was just trying too hard to be funny and take the piss.

Watching it was like watching a teacher trying to 'get down wiv da kidz'. :noey:

yeah, my feeling too. I'd be ashamed to admit I know Muse if I had to watch the vid with mates. I think they're just making fool of themselves in that.

Way too silly... Muse shouldn't do silly videos... KoC should've had a masterpiece of a serious video (like New Born and Bliss etc.) with lots of grandeur, subliminal meanings etc. Very eclectic and cool, not silliness and cheesiness!

-rant over :LOL: -

Way too silly... Muse shouldn't do silly videos... KoC should've had a masterpiece of a serious video (like New Born and Bliss etc.) with lots of grandeur, subliminal meanings etc. Very eclectic and cool, not silliness and cheesiness!

-rant over :LOL: -

Good thing you don't make music videos - that would've been the most ridiculous thing ever! It's already a powerful song, it doesn't need an over the top, pretentious and drowning-in-its-own-self-importance video... They'd look like complete tools!

Good thing you don't make music videos - that would've been the most ridiculous thing ever! It's already a powerful song, it doesn't need an over the top, pretentious and drowning-in-its-own-self-importance video... They'd look like complete tools!

yeah but a "comical" video is a lame choice, because people are going to think the song is comical too, and ignore the quality of it, they'lljust think it's one of those parody songs...

But weren't the New Born and Bliss videos just amazing? The right kind/amount of seriousness, and I never said they should be self-important, pretentious or OTT - Muse normally have the perfect balance of silliness and seriousness - good, thought-provoking lyrics/videos, with "gay" antics, Dom's Slipknot impression, shrooms,... understand now?

But weren't the New Born and Bliss videos just amazing? The right kind/amount of seriousness, and I never said they should be self-important, pretentious or OTT - Muse normally have the perfect balance of silliness and seriousness - good, thought-provoking lyrics/videos, with "gay" antics, Dom's Slipknot impression, shrooms,... understand now?

There isn't very much thought-provoking about either of those videos, other than the fact that the Newborn one makes no sense (why is there a scary girl with a fairy?)... Most non-fans find both of them pretty silly too!

yeah but a "comical" video is a lame choice, because people are going to think the song is comical too, and ignore the quality of it, they'lljust think it's one of those parody songs...

So...? I know people who love the song and have bought the album on the strength of it - I doubt an amusing video will put them off!

So...? I know people who love the song and have bought the album on the strength of it - I doubt an amusing video will put them off!

but if people know the video first, I doubt they'd ever bought the single or album, they'd only thought muse is a joke...

There isn't very much thought-provoking about either of those videos, other than the fact that the Newborn one makes no sense (why is there a scary girl with a fairy?)... Most non-fans find both of them pretty silly too!

Well they're more thought-provoking than KoC that's for sure! :LOL: Save silly videos for bands like The Darkness (I feel flames coming on :LOL: )

A silly video for a silly song is how I see it.

Both = amazingcheese.

Are you calling KoC silly?! :eek::LOL:

"No one's going to take me alive, the time has come to make things right. You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive."

That's silly? I think it's quite apt considering recent and current events...

Bleh, it sounds silly to me :LOL: .

It's just the massive overblown, over-the-top-ed-ness of it that makes it silly for me.

I can't wait to scream along to that bit at Eden :happy: .

Epicness is what Muse are known for (Absolution? AP, Hysteria, SS, B&H?) nor is KoC overblown or OTT! They said it captured what they wanted to put across, Mexican kind of bandit theme (I think)

Archived