Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

apparently gay has changed meaning again, and now refers to something as being stupid. Read it in a newspaper.

Well, actually, when I call Knights of Cydonia "gay" I am sort of referring to a stereotypical sound that music might have if it's made by a gay man. For example, music made by Queen or Elton John sounds gay to me. don't get me wrong, there are gay artists that don't make music that sounds gay to me.

But, well....oh well. Muse's music sounds gayer on this CD than ever before.

Well, actually, when I call Knights of Cydonia "gay" I am sort of referring to a stereotypical sound that music might have if it's made by a gay man. For example, music made by Queen or Elton John sounds gay to me. don't get me wrong, there are gay artists that don't make music that sounds gay to me.

But, well....oh well. Muse's music sounds gayer on this CD than ever before.

Stereotypical gay sound? If anything that's disco, but not Queen. Just cause an artist is gay then their sound is gay? So are the Rolling Stones and Guns n' Roses gay too cause their sound is reminiscent of Queen?

Muse's music is gay? And this is just the most gay album?

I don't get how Knights of Cydonia is gay at all. I mean anything it's sort of hearkens back to ol' skool heavy metal if that . . .

']anyone else save the whole of the old Matt and Dom story we had on the board before it got restarted? .. :LOL:

I didn't think the band was gay. Are they? They don't put that sort of information in band biographies . . . Even if they are, their music isn't likely to be played at gay bars, well actually I wouldn't know, but I always imagined gay bars to be places where they played disco and showtunes . . .

I didn't think the band was gay. Are they? They don't put that sort of information in band biographies . . . Even if they are, their music isn't likely to be played at gay bars, well actually I wouldn't know, but I always imagined gay bars to be places where they played disco and showtunes . . .

Why lock a thread that people are discussing? Some dude locked 2 threads I was discussing just cause he didn't like them apparently. It's like this messageboard has thought police. So this topic is slightly related . . . anyways, is it veins of history or veils of history? I thought it was veins and when I listen to it again, I hear veins. I mean in the lyrics from Knights of Cydonia. Anyone want to try to scribe down any other song lyrics? I know I'd appreciate, but the lyrics interest me.

Queen is my favorite band...

does that make me gay?

I would say no . . . but I don't follow the logic that even their music is gay. Especially when only one of the band members might have been gay. Freddie Mercury said he was bisexual, and left his estate to his girlfriend, whom he considered his common law wife.

Queen is my favorite band...

does that make me gay?

Yes U Are !

:D

Matt was wearing clothes gays were wearing first back in 2003 , does that make him "gay" ?

Anyone is entitled to his/her sexuality .

As for KOC sounding like a Queen song, hum not really to me, Take A Bow is far more "gayish" to me

Stereotypical gay sound? If anything that's disco, but not Queen. Just cause an artist is gay then their sound is gay? So are the Rolling Stones and Guns n' Roses gay too cause their sound is reminiscent of Queen?

Muse's music is gay? And this is just the most gay album?

I don't get how Knights of Cydonia is gay at all. I mean anything it's sort of hearkens back to ol' skool heavy metal if that . . .

For me, anything even remotely Broadwaysounding = gay.

Also, Rolling Stones and Guns n/ Roses are not reminiscent of Queen. Why would you say that?...lol

And, in my post, (which you quoted!) I stated that I've heard gay artists which produce music that doesn't sound gay to me.

For me, anything even remotely Broadwaysounding = gay.

Also, Rolling Stones and Guns n/ Roses are not reminiscent of Queen. Why would you say that?...lol

And, in my post, (which you quoted!) I stated that I've heard gay artists which produce music that doesn't sound gay to me.

I think they are . . . reminiscent of Queen . . . Is quoting not allowed? Yeah but you made it sound like that surprised you . . . it's just confusing that you say for you anything even remotely Broadwaysounding = gay. So you think Queen and Knights of Cydonia are even remotely Broadwaysounding??

Archived