Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

It seems a lot of you aren't listening to the music well enough. the drum beat is identical. the bass line is almost identical.

It would seem you aren't listening well enough. The drum beat is a very different one and the bass line is an even more different one :stunned:

I seriously, seriously doubt Muse had any intention of... you know. It is similar video-wise, I guess, but simply because there are some guitar TWAA-YA-YA-YA-YAAANNGGG's and distortion in it doesn't mean it's a rip-off. "Knights of Cydonia" is better anyway. :p

I think Muse was intending to pay homage to Queen.

why does everything seem to be black or white for most posters - ie they can't believe KoC sounds anything like 999 - it's as if their whole belief system would crumble if they admitted that there are similar elements between the two songs.

Personally I think they do sound similar but KoC is a far superior song and video. It doesn't bother me if they took a little inspiration from a band that only a few people have heard of and it doesn't bother me if it's entirely a coincidence.

What does bother me though (segueing into a completely different point) is people who say / write 'should of', 'could of' instead of 'should have', could have' - AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!:( :( :(

What does bother me though (segueing into a completely different point) is people who say / write 'should of', 'could of' instead of 'should have', could have' - AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!:( :( :(

Oh, I totally agree. My mom's an editor and her grammar nazism has definitely rubbed off on me.

That could have been me saying that :eek: I bet I would have been going to post just that, but then you went to the future, saw my post and beat me to it!

Actually it was you who built the machine but I used it to go back in time, steal your idea and built it myself. THEN I went to the future to steal your idea for this post. Hah, I'm a genius! And I'm looking forward to Saturday :happy:!

Actually it was you who built the machine but I used it to go back in time, steal your idea and built it myself. THEN I went to the future to steal your idea for this post. Hah, I'm a genius! And I'm looking forward to Saturday :happy:!

Ah, it would appear you and I actually wrote that one scene in Futurama, but then they stole it from us! :eek:

- "That damn time machine alone set me back 15 years!"

- "If only it'd worked, so you could go back and not waste your time on it."

Ah :D

Me too :happy: *puts on cooking apron*

Ah, it would appear you and I actually wrote that one scene in Futurama, but then they stole it from us! :eek:

- "That damn time machine alone set me back 15 years!"

- "If only it'd worked, so you could go back and not waste your time on it."

Ah :D

:LOL: That reminds me of the first episode of Futurama: "My god, a million years .."

Pssh. Let's compare.

KoC:

An awesome and original bass line by one of the greatest bass players alive

Western style

Falsetto Chorus

Use of Whammy bar

Drumming that is timed more appropriately

People OTHER than the band as main characters

Unicorn, crazy asian dude, and lady in white in music video

Lazers

The "Original":

A bass line that sounds like something you would hear from a train station jingle

Western Style

Bad whispering voices

Use of whammy bar

Drumming that is supposedly just as good

Band as main characters in music video

Use of good old fashioned guns in video

Indeed, it was certainly a rip off.

What if 999 built a time machine, went to the future and stole the idea for KoC? Huh? HUH?

yea, never though of that did you! :LOL:

To however made this stupid thread, don't you have better things to do?

Why on earth would muse need to "rippoff" some other band, eh?

fact; MUSE ROCK

fact; you suck :D

• 3 months later...

the vid suits the song. if any UK people watched the 4 music presents MUSE, MAtt and dom talk about it being a bit of fun if the song was really serious why would they add sounds of lazers and galapping (sp?) horses to it? if i can find the vid for it on youtube I'll post it.

Archived