Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

The album is really under my skin now. Just went out in the car to listen and it is all excellent. Best bit was knights of cydonia got to the 'oomph' guitar moment just as I was exiting a roundabout onto a twisty lane. That should be part of the video. Car just surges forward in-time with the guitar. Although I had that same sort of idea for Citizen Erased when the solo kicks in!

What's wrong with a band going commercial? Are they supposed to never mature and write songs about teenage angst for the rest of their career?

There's a difference between going commercial (for instance Placebo or Green day) and going mature (Velvet revolver, David Bowie).

I reckon Absolution was the get big album. BH&R is clearly for people who like diversified music, it's going in all directions, to me it is strange, and it's not gonna change for anybody, yeah it's gonna be our last memorieeeeeeeees

I m enjoying the song even more on my BHR Japanese Edition CD than on the my space link .

Especially the Trumpet solo at the 1m30s mark (till 2m00) which is sounding even more clear and beautifully and totally dominating the song at that time .

Only a band ahead of its time like MUSE could have the guts and talent to create such a freak .

That song is REALLY gay.

I'm trying to revive the traditional meaning of the word gay. I want to call homosexual people "Chutney" because there arn't enough excuses to use that word, where as gay is a pretty gay word, so it fits it's old meaning, and it's a pretty simple word, but chutney, chutney is just like the best word ever, and I think it will make people more accepting of homosexuality, because i can't imagen anyone not wanting to be chutney.

By the way the "ch" is pronounced like it is in choo choo train, not like it is in chutes, just incase you got confused there.

I don t get it, the songs runs just one minute less than the real version from the album and it s still really great .

But yeah complain they ve released one of their greatest songs ever as a "single" and not getting the almighty SMBH instead :stunned:

• 1 month later...

As a British Muse fan i was pretty shocked by the Knights of Cydonia video.....(not by the fact that it had yet to be released over in the British isles but by the fact that it was so Accessable in a sort of comdeic way lol if that doesnt sound so pretensious).....Anyway i was just wondering what use guys thought of it

I, in some sort of disgusting way, hate it when bands perhaps release the "best" songs off their albums as a single incase they damage it with the video......in no way was i refering to a previous Muse video but was "shitting myself" when i found out on aol sessions that there was a "KNIGHTS" video since i thought it was one of the best Muse tracks ever made.......have use ever thought a song has been affected in a negative way due to a video?

Archived