Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

There's one big difference between KoC and Obsessed.

KoC is a good song.

Bastard beat me to it...

EDIT:

:LOL: yeah and i'm god too....

:rolleyes:

go crawl back under your rock now...cause if muse is talentless then who have i seen on tour twice?:eek: sheesh:happy:

tossing my muse possessions into a fire would be like ripping out my heart lol:LOL:

Wow, Yanks really don't get sarcasm...

:LOL: yeah and i'm god too....

:rolleyes:

go crawl back under your rock now...cause if muse is talentless then who have i seen on tour twice?:eek: sheesh:happy:

tossing my muse possessions into a fire would be like ripping out my heart lol:LOL:

See below.

EDIT:

Wow, Yanks really don't get sarcasm...

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

wow who ever posted this must have been drunk, or just doesn't like Muse.

Or a radiohead.

To all newer members, a radiohead is someone who listens to their music with a radiohat. 99% of the time they are totally ignorent of all other music, and like to try and slag muse off. This leads to jokes such as radiohead, lol being put on polls by radiohead fans which infact like making fun out of them.

yep. that's right. for all you youngsters out there. that song AND video is a totally stolen from the punk band called 999. The song they are taking from is called Obsessed (1981). Check out this video. I am amazed how much they took from it. not only the song, but the video concept as well. I really hope this was all on purpose as an homage to 999.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P23z58ZjZDc

Cowboys!!!!

And guys with guitars!

It's like copyrighted by 999!!! Nobobdy should ever touch a cowboy hat or a guitar again.

The bass sounds somewhat alike, the guitar has that western-twangy sound, and the way the drums are mixed, it kind of sounds like the drums from KoC, but really, not much is like KoC. The video is in a Western bar. I don't see any fake martial arts styles, unicorns, or robots.

Verdict: Not alike

Wouldn't it, logically speaking, be more probable that both bands were inspired by westerns?

the music, especially the drums and the riff (if you can call it that) at the begining is very similar. i've seen enough westerns and heard enough soundtracks to hear that Muse must have taken some from 999 and from western tunes as well. and the subtle nuances coming from 999 are just too similar to Knights of Cydonia, but there is nothing wrong with it. in fact, it sounds like Muse can be complimented by saying, "well, nicked!"

It seems a lot of you aren't listening to the music well enough. the drum beat is identical. the bass line is almost identical. there a many parts the muse guitar riff that are almost identical. and to top it off, the video has the same style and theme. no, its not an EXACT plagery, never said it was. There are just way to many similarities between the two. They had to of intentionally copied the song (to some extent) for some reason.

It seems a lot of you aren't listening to the music well enough. the drum beat is identical. the bass line is almost identical. there a many parts the muse guitar riff that are almost identical. and to top it off, the video has the same style and theme. no, its not an EXACT plagery, never said it was. There are just way to many similarities between the two. They had to of intentionally copied the song (to some extent) for some reason.

No, you're wrong... Really, there's no striking similarity except for the style/genre.

Archived