:yesey: I'm thinking I'll have the time of my life at the Detroit gig even if some of the songs they play aren't my favorite... I mean I'm almost pissing my pants I'm so excited! :p

Awwwww I'm sure you will have an AMAZING night. :D

I can't lie, I've already complained to one of my friends about a few of the songs on there and saying how I'll probably "be sitting down" but chances are I'll be too wound up/excited to really care as well. :\mm/:

Awwwww I'm sure you will have an AMAZING night. :D

I can't lie, I've already complained to one of my friends about a few of the songs on there and saying how I'll probably "be sitting down" but chances are I'll be too wound up/excited to really care as well. :\mm/:

Yeah, just tweeted Muse around 4 times asking them not to play GL, but I mean still. I can't really sit down, I have GA tickets ;)

I can understand that -- minus calling me sugar, thanks. Realize the fact that bands get into routine which sucks for fans, yeah, but it's what they're most comfortable with. It's not going to be a Russian Roulette style of touring because the tech team as well as visual team have to be prepared for what's coming too.

i could call you far worse :p

again...production.

either make it more flexible or chuck it. they have all these people getting paid. them sitting back and doing the same damn thing every night is lack of creativity and laziness.

GO MENTAL IN THE GA SECTION. I'll be expecting an excited review in the Detroit thread. :LOL:

:LOL: I'll try. I might not have internet that night, in which case I'll have to wait until late Sunday night to post after I get home. I will most definitely be blogging about it, that's for sure :chuckle:

I'm sure all my Musespam will lose me tumblr followers :facepalm:

sure, the musicianship was awesome...but they are a better band than that and that's why people are upset.

I don't want to argue, and I've heard all the round and round eleventy billion times. But the "people who are upset" seem to me to be users on this board (and Muselive perhaps) who go to multiple gigs. In the scheme of things, that's not a ton of people. In reality, most of the people who go to the gigs are "normal" people who don't spend ridiculous amounts of time on the message board analyzing this crap. And no, I'm not one of those normal people, I know. And from what I've seen and read, it seems the majority of people who actually go to the gigs are quite satisfied. Please don't beat me.

i could call you far worse :p

again...production.

either make it more flexible or chuck it. they have all these people getting paid. them sitting back and doing the same damn thing every night is lack of creativity and laziness.

It's not lack of creativity and laziness. You try being in a band and memorizing a 20-25 setlist worth of music that spans from 3-6 minute songs. Every concert experience has a different atmosphere; having consistency in a setlist provides something they can rely on than going, "Oh hell, let's just throw it to pieces." You said you went to back to back shows last tour and that's awesome, I totally think that's cool, but what were you really expecting? Was it festivals? If they were festivals then, yeah, I'd expect some random mixing up and interchange. If they were arena style tour shows then no -- unless a band is an opening band, they have to play an hour and forty-five minute set consistent to what people have paid for to see. On the other hand, if they were opening, they'd probably be more prone to have a run with it. We're probably not going to see eye-to-eye on this which is fine because both our opinions are valid but I think that there's a lot more that goes into touring -- which there is, for the record -- than just being like, "K, gonna strap on my guitar and go mental cwazy pwopah on this stage right about now and we'll just wing the setlist." :ninja:

:LOL: I'll try. I might not have internet that night, in which case I'll have to wait until late Sunday night to post after I get home. I will most definitely be blogging about it, that's for sure :chuckle:

I'm sure all my Musespam will lose me tumblr followers :facepalm:

Tumblr is there to be spammed! :happy: I vote tumblr spam.

I don't want to argue, and I've heard all the round and round eleventy billion times. But the "people who are upset" seem to me to be users on this board (and Muselive perhaps) who go to multiple gigs. In the scheme of things, that's not a ton of people. In reality, most of the people who go to the gigs are "normal" people who don't spend ridiculous amounts of time on the message board analyzing this crap. And no, I'm not one of those normal people, I know. And from what I've seen and read, it seems the majority of people who actually go to the gigs are quite satisfied. Please don't beat me.

no i'm not going to beat you.

and i shouldn't be going to more shows. with this lack of flexibility i should sell my tickets now...cause i've been there done that.

and that's not the muse standard that made them "best live band".

i'm really disappointed that there really doesn't seem to be any possibility of them pulling a surprise out of their huge bag of tricks and playing something unexpected with this production. there are so many ways they could fix this and they choose not to.

Well, well, well. I get in line at the North entrance at 5:30 p.m. and by the end of the night I was two people behind the barrier between Dom and Matt.

That was the best show ever! Matt had such a good time and I can tell he was very relaxed compared to the gigs at U2 and in Vegas. The entrance was over the top!

Only bad part of the night. Next to a mom (like me) who was 52 and came with her adult sons. It was going to get ugly when the kids behind me started moshing at NB and she was about to kick mine and my friends ass (actually, have her growns sons do it), because of her irritation with us running into her constantly from being pushed by the moshers. This show, in my opinion, was very tame for being GA. I told her what to expect being it was her first Muse show. I guess she didn't believe me. She eventually calmed down, especially when I pointed to my very tall husband. :)

Great show, great night! YAY!

Well, well, well. I get in line at the North entrance at 5:30 p.m. and by the end of the night I was two people behind the barrier between Dom and Matt.

That was the best show ever! Matt had such a good time and I can tell he was very relaxed compared to the gigs at U2 and in Vegas. The entrance was over the top!

Only bad part of the night. Next to a mom (like me) who was 52 and came with her adult sons. It was going to get ugly when the kids behind me started moshing at NB and she was about to kick mine and my friends ass (actually, have her growns sons do it), because of her irritation with us running into her constantly from being pushed by the moshers. This show, in my opinion, was very tame for being GA. I told her what to expect being it was her first Muse show. I guess she didn't believe me. She eventually calmed down, especially when I pointed to my very tall husband. :)

Sounds brilliant, but how in the hell did you get to the barrier if you arrived at 5:30 P.M.?! :eek:

i'm curious as to if anyone on here caught the glasses matt was wearing...

I didn't get the glasses, my dad was really close to getting the harmonica... But I got a balloon!!!!!!!!

The show was AWESOME... I was one person behind the barrier on Chris's side. It wasn't rough at all there, I wasn't pushed or anything which was nice.

Only complaints are that there was a stupid spotlight blocking my view of Matt and that they could have replaced some songs... like guiding light with mk ultra and feeling good with something from Showbiz...

But other than that it was great!

Awesome to hear you guys had fun! And don't bother looking back pages in this thread, it'll only worsen your experience.

I already made that mistake. I almost felt like I should not of had as much fun as I did after reading the last 10 pages.

Tomorrow will suck knowing that it can't compare to the concert. Now I wish I had the money to go see them in Baltimore.

Could someone post the setlist please? Thanks!

Intro

1. Uprising

2. Resistance

3. New Born

4. Map of the Problematique

5. Supermassive Black Hole

6. Guiding Light

7. Interlude + Hysteria

8. Nishe

9. United States of Eurasia

10. Feeling Good

11. Helsinki Jam

12. Undisclosed Desires

13. Starlight

14. Plug In Baby

15. Time is Running Out

16. Unnatural Selection

Encore

17. Exogenesis Overture

18. Stockholm Syndrome

19. Knights of Cydonia

Sounds brilliant, but how in the hell did you get to the barrier if you arrived at 5:30 P.M.?! :eek:

I got skills! I'm a rogue. :D

Seriously, just lucky. I did my homework, stood in line at the North Entrance as the Patriot Center Suggested. They let the North Entrance in first before the others. They just let us walk right though... barely any security to stop us. When we got there, we immediately headed to the floor and there were only 6-7 rows of people sitting on the ground. Things shift, people get kicked out and people leave to go pee. There were lots of opportunities to fill in gaps left behind! :ninja:

I got skills! I'm a rogue. :D

Seriously, just lucky. I did my homework, stood in line at the North Entrance as the Patriot Center Suggested. They let the North Entrance in first before the others. They just let us walk right though... barely any security to stop us. When we got there, we immediately headed to the floor and there were only 6-7 rows of people sitting on the ground. Things shift, people get kicked out and people leave to go pee. There were lots of opportunities to fill in gaps left behind! :ninja:

:LOL: Sounds like you're a :ninja:

Did you run like hell once they opened the doors?

Good to hear you had fun :D

It sounds like GA in NA is going to be pretty tame

what a great show, my friends and i were literally right next to/behind matt on the side of the stage. security was super nice and let us stay there towards the last half of the show, screaming and punching the air :D i'm just so glad i can see them again in Baltimore on wednesday!

I'm tired.

:chuckle:

So it was a short setlist? I was wondering about that, i noticed the lack of MKU - as soon as GLstarted I thought "well, I guess were getting the GL setlist....", I had no idea what had been played in ATL. Judging by texts it started around 9:25 and ended at 11:10 - so fairly standard time. Was glad they went past 11, I was worried we'd get a 16song set when I saw that they got on stage so late. BTW they didn't start late - the start time on the ticket says 8PM, don't know why this one was a half hour later than the others.

Band seemed to be having a good time, bloons took forever to pop and were all over the stage, they kept throwing them back at the crowd but they kept coming in. I hope someone got a good vid of it. They just couldn't get rid of the balloons... it seemed like they took forever.... played a riff while waiting for us to pop them (think it was burning bridges, then played something else....)

About "twilighters", yeah, SMBH got a big reaction, but from where I was stood FG was actually the biggest reaction of the night :LOL: Girl next to me was going "OMG ARE THEY GONNA PLAY... THEY AAAAAAAARE!" She was stunned that they'd play it. :chuckle: The people on the other side of me were saying the same thing - meanwhile I'm like "do i spy a megaphone? :shifty:"

Another big reaction where I was was to PiB. Matt let us sing a chorus and turned to look at Dom with a huge grin on his face, I wish I could have been videoing but the security guy in front of me was a bit of a :indiff:

Was a fun night, I'll have more to say later... hope some people saw my tweets, I didn't have any trouble sending them. It was very nonviolent where I was - people were jumping and fists in the air, but no pushing or anything. I enjoyed it :)

Oh, and about the second encore thing, I think it's because of how Matt went off the stage after SS - he walked to the back holding his guitar up and looked like he was leaving permanently.... and I was like "WAAAAAAAAAIT A MINUTE! They BETTER not be ending YET!" :LOL: Then a dim light came on the drumkit and I could see that Dom was there and I was like "ok, good... we get KoC"

So I can understand why someone might think it was going to be a second encore

hmm... any other random thoughts....

Noticed that Matt was playing along at the end of Nishe, I didn't realize he did that....

I was right smack dab in front of Matt. If I looked straight ahead I saw his mic. Could also see Chris fairly well when he was at his mic, but had a hard time seeing Dom when he wasn't raised up. Literally lolled as I was trying to take pics of him, had the camera there and was just clickingto take pic after pic and got a couple in a row with very amusing faces.

EDIT: Here's a pic for now.... too tired to post any more ;)

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19417

Can't wait for MD and NYC. Hopefully I'll get a couple of differences in the setlists!

i'm curious as to if anyone on here caught the glasses matt was wearing...

I was standing next to the guy who caught them ;) He let me get my pic taken with them on :D

WOW. Nothing like having Matt playing 10 ft away with nothing but metal, air and a few nice security guys in between. SO awesome. It was worth the two hours in the freezing cold. Time to pass out now. :)

BUT how dare Matt tease Bliss on the piano!!! GAH. 7 shows and have NEVER got it live. Oh well...can't complain.

I didn't pay attention and the glasses literally flew RIGHT OVER ME. MASSIVE FAIL! Still, at least the guy who got them let me take a pic with them on. XP I'll post when I post all my pics later. I feel I had the best spot in the house. Barrier, directly in front of Matt. So perfect, I didn't even care which songs they played (just happy to hear MotP and New Born, really, though I'd like Butterflies and Hurricanes...). Did get a balloon though, but meh. Was totally worth the 6 hour wait in the cold for that spot. Too bad I can't do it for Baltimore. Will anymore else be posting their pics from the barrier?

Archived