I certainly hope the moaning doesn't continue later on when the gig-goers return. Let's show some courtesy, how about?

only like 9 people from the gig will probably even post here/read the thread. same as usual

lol

FG

Invincible

Soldier's Poem

Guiding Light

back to back to back to back = epic lulz (did they play the 1st three in one show during the BH&R tour?)

FG, Invincible and Soldier's Poem were all played during the BH&r tour. I ran to to restroom during Soldier's Poem at one gig. I liked Invincible live.

FG, Invincible and Soldier's Poem were all played during the BH&r tour. I ran to to restroom during Soldier's Poem at one gig. I liked Invincible live.

I think SP is a beautiful song :p. Invincible is really cheesy though... Cheesy but good. Like pizza.

Would throwing shoes at them during GL give them the hint?

Is there a GL hate thread? I think Debs said it best when she described GL as "The poor mans Invincible.".

I would love to hear Guiding Light at my gig, perhaps it requires some maturity and life experience to appreciate the lyrics?

I certainly hope the moaning doesn't continue later on when the gig-goers return. Let's show some courtesy, how about?

+10 and better yet, take it to a separate thread. I come on these threads to find out what's happening at the gig , not to hear the opinions of people who are not there about the setlist. I try to skim past it, but it's time consuming to get past all the garbage.

So? Irrelevant.

:yesey:

No offense but I feel like some of you guys will find anything to complain about.

Muse is Muse. Their music is their music. Just enjoy the damn show.

You're never really going to get your dream setlist. I say this as having been a fan of the band for years and not as a "new Muser" either.. but really? Just reading some of the complaints is a bit much.. I didn't think the setlist was terrible. Were there songs on there I would have not preferred? Sure. Guiding Light is one.. but I don't slight the whole dang list. Also realize that this is.. THE RESISTANCE.. tour. Not Absolution. Or Origin of Symmetry. The fact they're playing any old songs, or even songs from BH&R, isn't the end of the world too.

At the end of the day just be happy they're touring again and not holed up in a bomb shelter in Italy throwing people off of diving boards and into the lake while we all sit here going, "NEEEED MUSEEEEE MUSICCCCCCCC." :happy:

If only I had started listening to Muse in 2004 and moved to Glastonbury...

right? this is the first time they've been on tour since i started listening to their music and i love 99.9% of their stuff. fuck the production...the music is why we're fans :indiff:

Problem solved. No fist pumps for Starllight then?

:facepalm:

if it were a kasabian gig we could throw cups of beer in protest :yesey:

No offense but I feel like some of you guys will find anything to complain about.

You're never really going to get your dream setlist. I say this as having been a fan of the band for years and not as a "new Muser" either.. but really? Just reading some of the complaints is a bit much.. I didn't think the setlist was terrible. Were there songs on there I would have not preferred? Sure. Guiding Light is one.. but I don't slight the whole dang list. Also realize that this is.. THE RESISTANCE.. tour. Not Absolution. Or Origin of Symmetry. The fact they're playing any old songs, or even songs from BH&R, isn't the end of the world too.

At the end of the day just be happy they're touring again and not holed up in a bomb shelter in Italy throwing people off of diving boards and into the lake while we all sit here going, "NEEEED MUSEEEEE MUSICCCCCCCC." :happy:

+1 I don't really have a problem with the setlist besides GL, but people have told me it's better live. I'm a little worried by the fact that they left out MK Ultra, but still a good set of songs it seems. :)

this isn't even about a dream set list sugar...it's about them not having the balls to change their setlist by more than one song night after night after night after night.

saw four shows last fall...was so excited to have my first muse tour experience and it was the same thing. one song difference.

sure, the musicianship was awesome...but they are a better band than that and that's why people are upset.

Both. They are both fist pump worthy.

It's on!

I would love to hear Guiding Light at my gig, perhaps it requires some maturity and life experience to appreciate the lyrics?

It could all be personal preference, when it comes to certain songs. I've listened to it, I've seen them play it live. So far it has done nothing for me. I do appreciate many of Muse's slower songs too.

+1 I don't really have a problem with the setlist besides GL, but people have told me it's better live. I'm a little worried by the fact that they left out MK Ultra, but still a good set of songs it seems. :)

I think people forget that when you're actually at the show you get sucked into the experience rather than reading dry text on a forum or listening to the band on your iPod. I'm all for venting and stuff but at some point you just have to draw the line. I'm worried about it too though! It's one of my favorite tracks but it could've been because of technical issues, guitar issues, who knows. :p

this isn't even about a dream set list sugar...it's about them not having the balls to change their setlist by more than one song night after night after night after night.

saw four shows last fall...was so excited to have my first muse tour experience and it was the same thing. one song difference.

sure, the musicianship was awesome...but they are a better band than that and that's why people are upset.

I can understand that -- minus calling me sugar, thanks. Realize the fact that bands get into routine which sucks for fans, yeah, but it's what they're most comfortable with. It's not going to be a Russian Roulette style of touring because the tech team as well as visual team have to be prepared for what's coming too.

I think people forget that when you're actually at the show you get sucked into the experience rather than reading dry text on a forum or listening to the band on your iPod. I'm all for venting and stuff but at some point you just have to draw the line. I'm worried about it too though! It's one of my favorite tracks but it could've been because of technical issues, guitar issues, who knows. :p

:yesey: I'm thinking I'll have the time of my life at the Detroit gig even if some of the songs they play aren't my favorite... I mean I'm almost pissing my pants I'm so excited! :p

Archived