sorry if this was posted alredy

gig review in the wp

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/clicktrack/2010/03/in_concert_muse.html

Thanks for the link. And also for giving me that awesome sign. :D It's up on my wall now at home.

As for what that reviewer said...eh... I actually loved the part when those last couple eyeballoons were floating around and no one was popping them. It was funny and I enjoyed it when Muse was playing that random song. I was hoping no one would pop that last one and the band would go into playing a b-side or something. :chuckle:

So... correct me if I'm wrong. So during PIB, I was so impressed with everyone when Matthew Bellamy let us sing part of the chorus. But, was it my imagination when he said at the conclusion at the song something like "wow, that single wasn't released in the US"?

I mean that would make since because Origin of Symmetry wasn't released in the US till after the release of Absolution (i forget the reason why, some legal mumbo jumbo).

Did anyone else catch him saying this? If he did, I'm so proud of us!

Now that I hear you say that, when I think back, that does kind of sound like what he said. I thought it was awesome when you could tell that they were having fun up there during the gig.

I was at barrier on Chris' side. When I was walking over there were hardly and people all the way on the right. Matt's side was already a couple rows back, it seemed.

This was my first concert being at barrier and it was a good experience. I think for Baltimore, I want to try for Matt's side. It seemed like everyone was more energetic over there. Plus, from where I was, I couldn't see Matt when he played piano and I just have to see that.

I thought Matt's vocals were really strong and the songs were great. I even enjoyed Guiding Light and Feeling Good, I had never seen them performed at any of the Muse opening gigs I've been to. The only thing I can say bored me somewhat was Supermassive Black Hole...that's when I tweeted about all the applause it got during the gig lol.

My favorites of the night were: Stockholm Syndrome, Unnatural Selection, Plug In Baby and USOE.

I also met DreamOutLoud65 and it was nice talking to her too.

I think the Patriot Center staff was good, they got us our wristbands on time and the "search" at the doors went quickly where I was. I didn't have a bag, I just held my phone and camera (with the lens open) in my hands as I went in and they looked at it quickly and let me go.

I got one of The Resistance Tour books for $25. It has pics, an interview, a "setlist" printed in it, stickers, and detachable postcards.

Oh I think I saw Tom Kirk at the sound thing in the back when I was leaving up the steps. Did anyone notice him?

I know I'm forgetting something else I wanted to say. Anyway, I am sooo glad that I have 2 more gigs to look forward to this week. :D

Is it just me or was he playing during the eyeballoons that baseball song? You know, the "duh duh duh duh duh" score! It sounded like it to me, and it kind of makes sense. Hit a homerun on the balloons! :LOL:

Yeah, he did play that at one point! At first they just played a riff that they usually do play (not sure if they play it there though), but after seemingly 12947012 mins went by and the balloons were still everywhere he started playing random stuff :LOL:

gaaaah i really want a video of that! Someone, please! Help a sistah out!

Wow, I cannot believe how many people were so very upset about MKUltra being cut. I mean, I LOVE that song, and so I get being disappointed that it wasn't played. I was disappointed it was cut, too, but honestly? I'm so happy to have seen them, and grateful that they came, and I could see them in such a small venue, and had all the other songs, that I can't fathom how one would allow that to ruin the experience and the night :stunned: I'd hate for the guys to feel like we're all a bunch of ingrates who don't appreciate what they *did* do, which was put on a great show. KWIM? Just wanted to throw that out there.

It was AWESOME. We were in 116, down in front, and I ended up being on the aisle where we were seated, and just felt like I was almost front and center with an unobstructed view. Incredible experience.

My photos are crap (again). We really need to get a better point and shoot camera. My old Olympus gets a mind of it's own, and so a good 1/2 of the shots are supper fuzzy.

But here they are:

I am INCREDIBLY jealous of those who stayed and met the guys. I had no idea they'd stay that late. We'll know better next time!! :LOL:

Ok, one last "WOOOOOOOOOO!" And thanks guys for a phenomenal show!! :musesign::dance:

Wow, I cannot believe how many people were so very upset about MKUltra being cut. I mean, I LOVE that song, and so I get being disappointed that it wasn't played. I was disappointed it was cut, too, but honestly? I'm so happy to have seen them, and grateful that they came, and I could see them in such a small venue, and had all the other songs, that I can't fathom how one would allow that to ruin the experience and the night :stunned: I'd hate for the guys to feel like we're all a bunch of ingrates who don't appreciate what they *did* do, which was put on a great show. KWIM? Just wanted to throw that out there.

I don't think any of the people who complained about it were actually at the gig, it's mostly the folks who follow along from home ;)

I know I wasn't too disappointed personally, but then I find MKU to be generally "meh" so not a big loss for me - if I found out ATL got Bliss and then we got nothing, I'd have jumped the stage and smacked Matt around a little :LOL:

I don't think any of the people who complained about it were actually at the gig, it's mostly the folks who follow along from home ;)

I know I wasn't too disappointed personally, but then I find MKU to be generally "meh" so not a big loss for me - if I found out ATL got Bliss and then we got nothing, I'd have jumped the stage and smacked Matt around a little :LOL:

yeah, i would of joined you on stage and kicked him around some.;)

Well I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and share my experience! (Sorry it's lengthy)

So this was my first headlining Muse concert. I have seen them opening for My Chemical Romance at William & Mary back in 2007, and then again for U2 at Fairfax Field. For the concert at W&M, I was so close to the guys (a few rows back GA) and I never thought I would have the chance to be so close again. :( But I knew that once they headlined near my area again, I would go all out trying to secure front row barrier.

It was a major struggle, my friend and I got to the Patriot Center at 9:30 am, and there were only 3 other people queuing at that point. We were in front of the second line going into GA. And man oh man it was freezing. It was really brutal. But surprisingly (and thankfully) the time flew by.

Security had me so anxious right before opening the doors though. I was so worried that I had just spent an entire day freezing and my dream of getting barrier would be crushed. :noey: But THANK GOODNESS my security guard (who i see judging by others posts was really slow letting people in) checked my pockets before the doors opened so I could just go right on in. It was so hard not to run, but I got front row center. Chyeah! :awesome:

The barrier security guards were intimidating at first, but I soon made friends with them and they were quite entertaining. I kept screaming in the ear of one them (by accident! I was too excited right before muse came on!) and he kept making faces at me. It was quite hilarious.

Anywho, on to the show. Silversun Pickups were so much better than I thought they were going to be judging from the posts from the Atlanta concert. But Muse. Man oh man, when the lights dimmed, my heart started racing and I thought I was going to pass out. And Matthew Bellamy with those lighted glasses and shining lazers on everyone... completely lost it. :ohmy: I spent the rest of the night screaming the words to all of their songs. :dance: Muse (esepcially Matt) has such a stage presence that demands you to become completely and utterly consumed with their musical genius. I swear I could write a freaking sonnet just gushing about how great these guys are live.

It was the best concert experience. No was was pushing me, I wasn't getting crush, the people around me were getting into the music as much as I was. For the last song, KOC, everyone was jumping in unison and the electricity in the building was intoxicating.

It was over much too fast. Though my body was exhausted, my mind wanted more and more and more. :dance:

This was truly an amazing experience and I seriously doubt that any concert with EVER EVER top this one... unless I go to another Muse concert (which I am already planning for in the future).

SHOUT OUTS!

Shout out to the lovely ladies behind me in line (i'm sorry i didn't get your names, but i'm pretty sure you all post on the forum!) and to the lady who gave my friend and me donuts! I really hope that you got good spots, I could barely secure my own and my friend's. But if you didn't I hope your Philly concert goes better. I can't wait to see all of your pictures!

Also, shout out to the guy standing to my left at the barrier. You were singing all the lyrics, head bobbing, fist pumping, and jumping right along with me. I apologize for my excessive screaming. :$

And finally to the security guard who's ear drums I probably burst. Thanks soooo much for handing me one of the balloons after the show (I got the one with the whole eye :D )

Well I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and share my experience! (Sorry it's lengthy)

So this was my first headlining Muse concert. I have seen them opening for My Chemical Romance at William & Mary back in 2007, and then again for U2 at Fairfax Field. For the concert at W&M, I was so close to the guys (a few rows back GA) and I never thought I would have the chance to be so close again. :( But I knew that once they headlined near my area again, I would go all out trying to secure front row barrier.

It was a major struggle, my friend and I got to the Patriot Center at 9:30 am, and there were only 3 other people queuing at that point. We were in front of the second line going into GA. And man oh man it was freezing. It was really brutal. But surprisingly (and thankfully) the time flew by.

I was one of those three - I didn't even realize I could have gone to another door :facepalm: then I didn't feel like getting up but in the end it didn't matter.... :awesome:

But yeah, it was a great show :awesome::D I'm still bouncey...

So, I'm guessing that I wasn't the only one who couldn't go to sleep for hours afterwards. Today just seemed a little drearier now that the concert's over. I cannot wait to see them again!!

Cassandra - I was really glad to see the poor kid standing in front of me had ear plugs in, because I was seriously singing my heart out, and "wooooooo"ing like a maniac. He would have been deaf, otherwise. :LOL::$

This is totally random, but during "We Are the Universe" I kept expecting to hear "We Are the Universe....Always" because the voice reminded me of Anna from "V." :LOL:

I was one of those three - I didn't even realize I could have gone to another door :facepalm: then I didn't feel like getting up but in the end it didn't matter.... :awesome:

But yeah, it was a great show :awesome::D I'm still bouncey...

hahaha, i'm so sorry! Also I didn't think it was fair that the guy in front of you had been there since 730 and then his friends just showed up and cut you like that. :mad: But i'm glad that you still got barrier!

hahaha, i'm so sorry! Also I didn't think it was fair that the guy in front of you had been there since 730 and then his friends just showed up and cut you like that. :mad: But i'm glad that you still got barrier!

Yeah, I was a bit :indiff: because I'd been thinking about you two and the other kid in the hoodie "oh, they're now at the front, doh! But who cares, i'm third" - then suddenly hours later I was 6th!

One of the guys who came later was on the phone at one point giving someone directions at like 1PM and I was like "OMG if they try to bring more people in this line I'm gonna have to say something!" but then he said something about seats, so I knew whoever it was wasn't coming to the GA line. I was glad I didn't have to get a 'tude :LOL:

Shout out to the lovely ladies behind me in line (i'm sorry i didn't get your names, but i'm pretty sure you all post on the forum!)

I was one of those ladies! :D I was the one who took the picture of everyone right before they let us in:happy: I really wish people had name tags... I feel like I missed out on meeting so many of you fine folks. I knew ya all had to be in the GA line somewhere, but I didn't want to be all 'Hey, I'm Elight. Are you a Muse.mu boardie?' to a whole bunch of strangers:LOL:

I gotz pics :awesome: I managed to narrow it down to about 110 that I uploaded to albums on the board.

Part 1: http://board.muse.mu/album.php?albumid=1940

Part 2: http://board.muse.mu/album.php?albumid=1938

Here are some of my favorites ...

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19587

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19586

My first glimpse of matt :-)

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19585

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19581

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19580

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19577

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19574

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19571

Chris' smile :-D

btw This was my view of Dom when his pillar was all the way down ;-)

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19568

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19555

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19554

Note the security guard - got lots of pics of him :p

More pics in my next post....

does anyone know what that crazy polka type riff they played was? I CAN'T FIND IT AND IT'S KILLING ME. :eek:

do you mean during the balloon thing? I think it was burning bridges (if you search youtube for muse burning bridges you should be able to find it at another show)

moar pix

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19550

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19549

"euuuurrraaaa..." lol

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19546

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19542

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19537

loldom

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19532

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19525

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19521

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19519

all the bloons on the stage lol

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19518

i <3 this one

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19513

note me zooming between security guys head and the camera man!

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19512

love this one too

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19503

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19494

lolchris

ok, a couple more coming :$

last pics...

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19482

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19479

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19474

my collection after the gig ;)

Oh, and because I forgot to add it earlier (i think)

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19567

lolmatt

and did i already post the glitterati?

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19590

... and then there are like 80 more at the link :LOL:

Sorry... i think that's enough ;)

last pics...

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19482

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19479

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19474

my collection after the gig ;)

Oh, and because I forgot to add it earlier (i think)

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19567

lolmatt

and did i already post the glitterati?

picture.php?albumid=1940&pictureid=19590

... and then there are like 80 more at the link :LOL:

Sorry... i think that's enough ;)

Lol, you caught my face in some. XP

Archived