I was there freezing for hours before but managed a barricade spot! Seriously, the show was SO good. I saw them at the 930 Club what feels like eons ago and this was just...just AWESOME!

I would've loved to stay but I drove 3 1/2 hours up to see that show and have to work today. Congrats on meeting them though!

The show was EPIC! :awesome::awesome:

Alright....last post I promise. Here's a nice little artistic shot of the autographs I got and my ticket :D (Matt is in red, Chris is the bottom right and Dom is the top one)

dsc0810y.jpg

No, seriously, dude... I really hate you!

:p

Good work staying out in the cold and getting to meet all the guys and gettings the sigs! I'm totally not leaving after the show on Weds until the last bus is gone :LOL: And of course that means that they'll probably come out immediately after the show and be gone for real by the time I get out there ;)

As annoyed as I am that I didn't get to meet them, the whole thing is surreal so I don't even feel like I've missed anything :unsure: even though I totally did! :erm:

Ok guys what a great show at patriot center. My next show will be at Baltimore but I see now that cameras are not allowed. I was able to get the whole show at the patriot center.

Here is my link

http://www.youtube.com/user/godieinhell2

Now has anyone been to the Mariner arena????? I was going to record that show too but that looks out of the question if they are strict with camera policy.

Ok guys what a great show at patriot center. My next show will be at Baltimore but I see now that cameras are not allowed. I was able to get the whole show at the patriot center.

Here is my link

http://www.youtube.com/user/godieinhell2

Now has anyone been to the Mariner arena????? I was going to record that show too but that looks out of the question if they are strict with camera policy.

The security guys last night said it would be the same policy for tomorrow. Hope they're right, but they would know, as they'll be working there.

I'm tired.

:chuckle:

So it was a short setlist? I was wondering about that, i noticed the lack of MKU - as soon as GLstarted I thought "well, I guess were getting the GL setlist....", I had no idea what had been played in ATL. Judging by texts it started around 9:25 and ended at 11:10 - so fairly standard time. Was glad they went past 11, I was worried we'd get a 16song set when I saw that they got on stage so late. BTW they didn't start late - the start time on the ticket says 8PM, don't know why this one was a half hour later than the others.

Band seemed to be having a good time, bloons took forever to pop and were all over the stage, they kept throwing them back at the crowd but they kept coming in. I hope someone got a good vid of it. They just couldn't get rid of the balloons... it seemed like they took forever.... played a riff while waiting for us to pop them (think it was burning bridges, then played something else....)

About "twilighters", yeah, SMBH got a big reaction, but from where I was stood FG was actually the biggest reaction of the night :LOL: Girl next to me was going "OMG ARE THEY GONNA PLAY... THEY AAAAAAAARE!" She was stunned that they'd play it. :chuckle: The people on the other side of me were saying the same thing - meanwhile I'm like "do i spy a megaphone? :shifty:"

Another big reaction where I was was to PiB. Matt let us sing a chorus and turned to look at Dom with a huge grin on his face, I wish I could have been videoing but the security guy in front of me was a bit of a :indiff:

Was a fun night, I'll have more to say later... hope some people saw my tweets, I didn't have any trouble sending them. It was very nonviolent where I was - people were jumping and fists in the air, but no pushing or anything. I enjoyed it :)

Oh, and about the second encore thing, I think it's because of how Matt went off the stage after SS - he walked to the back holding his guitar up and looked like he was leaving permanently.... and I was like "WAAAAAAAAAIT A MINUTE! They BETTER not be ending YET!" :LOL: Then a dim light came on the drumkit and I could see that Dom was there and I was like "ok, good... we get KoC"

So I can understand why someone might think it was going to be a second encore

hmm... any other random thoughts....

Noticed that Matt was playing along at the end of Nishe, I didn't realize he did that....

I was right smack dab in front of Matt. If I looked straight ahead I saw his mic. Could also see Chris fairly well when he was at his mic, but had a hard time seeing Dom when he wasn't raised up. Literally lolled as I was trying to take pics of him, had the camera there and was just clickingto take pic after pic and got a couple in a row with very amusing faces.

EDIT: Here's a pic for now.... too tired to post any more ;)

picture.php?albumid=1938&pictureid=19417

Can't wait for MD and NYC. Hopefully I'll get a couple of differences in the setlists!

I was standing next to the guy who caught them ;) He let me get my pic taken with them on :D

So glad you had an awesome time Ducky!!! Enjoy the rest of Muse week! :)

Nice pic of Matt you got there btw :awesome:

What an awesome show! I am so beat! I feel like I've been hit by a truck! :LOL:

My sister and I arrived at the north entrance around 1130am and there was hardly anyone in line! It was windy and cold but we toughed it out with blankets and hand warmers. :) After waiting 7 hours, they started to let us in and wouldn't you know it, we were in the line with the security gaurd who wanted to look at everything in every persons pockets and count thier freaking nose hairs. Tons, and I mean TONS, of people got through the other lines before the 4 people ahead of us got through security. I was so irritated, but it ended up alright. We ended up second row between Chris and Dom. :D

The show was awesome. The boys were very enthusiastic. Lots of smiling and hamming it up:D I have to admit, I groaned when I heard the first notes of Guiding Light and I literally said 'Sh@t! I guess no MK Ultra' But I was surprised. I usually skip GL but it was pretty good live so:) I was over the moon excited that Matty sang the 'Ahhhhh' (check out my keeps) in Overture. He'd been skipping that part in the vids I'd seen!

I was so close to getting the harmonica. My fingers grazed it, but it was snatched away. :(

So nice to meet Glorious Resistance, DreamOutLoud and Liza (sorry I know your a boardy, but I can't remember your username).

Can't wait for Baltimore! MK Ultra pleeeeeaaaaasssseee!

Oh and Gueedo, I officially hate you (jk) :p

I joked with my friend today that we should drive up to Baltimore and just "camp" at the parking lot of 1st mariner Arena around until 1:30 a.m. to see if we can get pix! Couldn't get tickets, but that doesn't mean wouldn't couldn't try to still "see them".;)

I'm still high on Muse. Best show ever! Loved the set and production. Wonderful time!

What an awesome show! I am so beat! I feel like I've been hit by a truck! :LOL:

My sister and I arrived at the north entrance around 1130am and there was hardly anyone in line! It was windy and cold but we toughed it out with blankets and hand warmers. :) After waiting 7 hours, they started to let us in and wouldn't you know it, we were in the line with the security gaurd who wanted to look at everything in every persons pockets and count thier freaking nose hairs. Tons, and I mean TONS, of people got through the other lines before the 4 people ahead of us got through security. I was so irritated, but it ended up alright. We ended up second row between Chris and Dom. :D

The show was awesome. The boys were very enthusiastic. Lots of smiling and hamming it up:D I have to admit, I groaned when I heard the first notes of Guiding Light and I literally said 'Sh@t! I guess no MK Ultra' But I was surprised. I usually skip GL but it was pretty good live so:) I was over the moon excited that Matty sang the 'Ahhhhh' (check out my keeps) in Overture. He'd been skipping that part in the vids I'd seen!

I was so close to getting the harmonica. My fingers grazed it, but it was snatched away. :(

So nice to meet Glorious Resistance, DreamOutLoud and Liza (sorry I know your a boardy, but I can't remember your username).

Hey Beth, my screen name is MDMuselover ;) I guess I need to come on here more huh?

But I had so much fun last night. Would have tweeted more but my fingers were numb from being frozen outside and the battery life in my phone sucks. DreamOutLoud and I got there at about 10:30 and much like Elight we were so surprised that more people weren't there. We ended up number 3 and 4 in our line and there were about 5 or 6 people in another line. It was soooooo cold but time went fast since we were surrounded by wonderful people including Elight, her sister Wendy and Glorious Resistance. Plus some of us entertained ourselves by looking at twitpics Muse took as they played tourist in DC.

But after the hours of waiting DreamOutLoud and I were two of the four behind Elight who it took FOREVER for us to be let in because we got the world's worst/slowest security guard ever. But we got lucky and our friend Julie decided to wait in another line and managed to get in before us and snag us a spot in the front row on Chris' side. The stage was AMAZING and I loved how they moved up and down on the cubes because it allowed shorties like me to be able to see better. Had a great view of Matt but only saw Dom here and there mainly when he was elevated on the cube. It was also very cool because we got recorded quite a bit by the camera guy. I joked with Amy that having the camera on me for so long during "Feeling Good" had me thinking "for the love of God don't forget the words Liza"

While I would have loved to hear Bliss, Sunburn or numerous others I was happy with the setlist mainly because I was just happy to be there & on the barricade also. Yes I too like MK Ultra better then GL but I like GL and think it sounded good live. But as always hearing my favorite Muse songs "Hysteria," "Map of The Problematique" and "Undisclosed Desires" was absolutely amazing. My heart skipped a beat during Overture, love Matt's voice live on that song. It just showed even more how talented they are. Thank God there was no crowd surfing like the last time I saw them at Patriot Center but there was moshing during a few songs esp. KOC.

But being that close to Muse was unreal and I must admit I tried very hard not to ogle Chris all night since he was directly in my eye line :) I loved how they stayed on stage playing while they waited for the last of the balloons to pop. People started yelling "pop it" so everyone would stop hitting them. DreamOutLoud was right next to the guy who caught the harmonica so unfortunately close but no cigar. But the show was amazing and it was cool to have local DC101 DJ Roche come out and inform us that we were seeing them at the "smallest venue on the North America tour." I'm totally pumped about the Baltimore show tomorrow where I hope to get there early again even despite a snow/rain mix. For Muse I will suffer through crap weather!

I was hoping to meet all of you. I was at the North entrance, but about 1/3 down the line. I was hoping by the time we got inside, everyone would try to find each other. :(

Speaking of meeting people, I talked to to zetagirl, hyper and dream, but I somehow missed the rest of you even though we were sitting right there for hours :chuckle: I didn't feel that great yesterday, though, so I was sorta hunched over in my spot most of the time :( Maybe I'll see some of you guys after the MD gig because after what happened last night, I'm totally not leaving that venue until the very last muse vehicle leaves ;)

Speaking of meeting people, I talked to to zetagirl, hyper and dream, but I somehow missed the rest of you even though we were sitting right there for hours :chuckle: I didn't feel that great yesterday, though, so I was sorta hunched over in my spot most of the time :( Maybe I'll see some of you guys after the MD gig because after what happened last night, I'm totally not leaving that venue until the very last muse vehicle leaves ;)

Me neither!

Any ideas where they park those vehicles. I'm afraid they might park in a garage... indoors and away from the general public and obsessive, I mean, adoring fans :D

Me neither!

Any ideas where they park those vehicles. I'm afraid they might park in a garage... indoors and away from the general public and obsessive, I mean, adoring fans :D

Yeah, I'm going to have to scope out the venue beforehand. It's stupid because how the loading dock is at the patriot center is probably the best case scenario - it not being in an urban setting made it kind of open. But I don't know anything about the First Mariner.... I might try google streetview later....

Okay, so, I'm really desperate to meet Muse now :LOL: I'll try in Baltimore hopefully!!! They better come out! I'll get my mum to locate the tour bus whilst I wait in line for a few hours.

So, I got there at around 11 or so. No too many people in line surprisingly which was good. I was like, okay this is good I'll get barrier :awesome:

So I got to meet some boardies :D Those who mentioned me in their posts are the ones I met. After waiting in line for 7 hours in the freezing cold, they finally opened doors. Our security person was really slow though, so I was afraid I wasn't going to get barrier. Once I got to the door I just hit it and ran...(well, had to sneak running when security wasn't looking). I managed second row. I noticed some space between these two people though, so I figured I could make barrier once everyone stood up. I did :D Right where I wanted to be. In front of Matt. The guy next to me was drunk, but it was cool cause he was a fun drunkie :chuckle: At least he was getting really into it.

SSPU played and they were better than I expected :happy:

So, then Muse came on. I was freaking out by then. Everything was so amazing. Every song I was singing, punching the air with my fists, and head banging. I was surprised though because the pit wasn't rough at all. I expected to get the worst of it but I actually had room to jump. So during songs like New Born, SS, and KoC, I was jumping my heart out. My camera sucks with pictures :( but I got some decent ones.

If anyone heard, I was the one screaming I LOVE YOU MATT I LOVE YOU DOM I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

I wished that night never ended. The boys smiles were priceless. The balloons all ended up on stage as you heard and Matt said something (couldn't make it out), kicked a balloon, and laughed. I love their sense of humour. :happy:

Security was really awesome and funny too which was a plus. One of them gave me one of the popped eyeball balloons :awesome:

I would have loved to catch Matt's glasses but it's fine. I wasn't close enough anyway.

I had some moments during the show where I felt like crying because I was so happy. It was a fantastic show. Greatest night of my life.

Okay, so, I'm really desperate to meet Muse now :LOL: I'll try in Baltimore hopefully!!! They better come out! I'll get my mum to locate the tour bus whilst I wait in line for a few hours.

So, I got there at around 11 or so. No too many people in line surprisingly which was good. I was like, okay this is good I'll get barrier :awesome:

So I got to meet some boardies :D Those who mentioned me in their posts are the ones I met. After waiting in line for 7 hours in the freezing cold, they finally opened doors. Our security person was really slow though, so I was afraid I wasn't going to get barrier. Once I got to the door I just hit it and ran...(well, had to sneak running when security wasn't looking). I managed second row. I noticed some space between these two people though, so I figured I could make barrier once everyone stood up. I did :D Right where I wanted to be. In front of Matt. The guy next to me was drunk, but it was cool cause he was a fun drunkie :chuckle: At least he was getting really into it.

SSPU played and they were better than I expected :happy:

So, then Muse came on. I was freaking out by then. Everything was so amazing. Every song I was singing, punching the air with my fists, and head banging. I was surprised though because the pit wasn't rough at all. I expected to get the worst of it but I actually had room to jump. So during songs like New Born, SS, and KoC, I was jumping my heart out. My camera sucks with pictures :( but I got some decent ones.

If anyone heard, I was the one screaming I LOVE YOU MATT I LOVE YOU DOM I LOVE YOU CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

I wished that night never ended. The boys smiles were priceless. The balloons all ended up on stage as you heard and Matt said something (couldn't make it out), kicked a balloon, and laughed. I love their sense of humour. :happy:

Security was really awesome and funny too which was a plus. One of them gave me one of the popped eyeball balloons :awesome:

I would have loved to catch Matt's glasses but it's fine. I wasn't close enough anyway.

I had some moments during the show where I felt like crying because I was so happy. It was a fantastic show. Greatest night of my life.

Do you wear glasses?

Eek! I feel like I'm butting in... this thread got a heck of a lot longer while we were at the gig! :LOL:

Seems like everyone is telling how their experience was... me and my friend got there at three by accident, so we ran into zetagirl and then ran around the building... I think I saw what I feel like might have been their trailer, cause there was a flipping rug in front of the door! Haha, but we were kicked off the little overhang with the view of it... :(

We were at the South entrance, I think, and they soundchecked the MK Ultra distortion - I was so surprised that they didn't play it! :( It was a useless setlist, but a fantastical gig! :D Me and my friends had seats but we snuck onto the floor... :ninja: we got quite close to the front, we more on Chris' side... if you saw an Asian in hot pink skinnies, that was me! :)

Whoa whoa whoa wait, what happened!??! :eek::eek::eek: :

i think I saw you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome: I dunno if you saw me, I was the one in the black coat, over a red university jacket, skinny jeans... straight hair...I was waiting in the line next to Bellamy'sZetaGirl (which I think I saw btw :))

I asked this in the MD thread but after reading the post I quoted below I'll ask again - am I the only one who ended up with the obnoxious security guard? :LOL: I must have gotten the most irritating guy in the whole group stood right in front of me! :facepalm: I'm reading everyone else talking about nice/fun security and I'm like "not where I was!" (although, in fairness, the guy to my right seemed to be pretty cool - the guy in front of me said Muse was boring and he hoped he didn't fall asleep) I guess he was too cool for us ;)

SSPU played and they were better than I expected

Was the guy next to you a stocky sort of guy with short light hair and a white Muse shirt? I think I saw him and his friends going nuts at the barrier - if it was them, they were right in front of me in line all day :chuckle: You must not have been too far from me. :) I got a piece of a balloon too - did you actually get the eye? My part is just plain white.... I also managed to touch one before they were popped - which is saying something because I'm so short that the things were staying like a foot or more above my head!

Oh, and you brought up something I wanted to ask - what did Matt say during the balloon fail? I couldn't make it out either.... I hope someone got a vid :D

Archived