I'm also sorry I never met all of you but I was very tired and also very numb from the cold. My feet and hands were very frozen so I only moved to go to the bathroom. I know they're calling for a snow/rain mix tomorrow but I will try more to say hello to more of you. Hard to recognize everyone by face since most of us don't have pics of us on here. I am determined to meet the band too and hope I can stay after to do so since I really wanted to go to NY but that looks unlikely since I can't find a decent priced ticket to save my life :( But very excited for tomorrow! Hope all of us get to meet each other and the band too!

:LOL::LOL:Well I wasn't there in person but my son took my seat and loved it. He's been going to concerts for almost 20 years and said this was one of the best. He was amazed at Matt's voice in person, how he hit all those notes perfectly. You don't always get that. He took some video and tons of pictures and we just loaded up my computer. Brilliant all. He also bought me a tshirt and key ring. Now I have U2, Linkin Park and , best of all, Muse to tote my keys. I'm a lucky mom!

I asked this in the MD thread but after reading the post I quoted below I'll ask again - am I the only one who ended up with the obnoxious security guard? :LOL: I must have gotten the most irritating guy in the whole group stood right in front of me! :facepalm: I'm reading everyone else talking about nice/fun security and I'm like "not where I was!" (although, in fairness, the guy to my right seemed to be pretty cool - the guy in front of me said Muse was boring and he hoped he didn't fall asleep) I guess he was too cool for us ;)

Was the guy next to you a stocky sort of guy with short light hair and a white Muse shirt? I think I saw him and his friends going nuts at the barrier - if it was them, they were right in front of me in line all day :chuckle: You must not have been too far from me. :) I got a piece of a balloon too - did you actually get the eye? My part is just plain white.... I also managed to touch one before they were popped - which is saying something because I'm so short that the things were staying like a foot or more above my head!

Oh, and you brought up something I wanted to ask - what did Matt say during the balloon fail? I couldn't make it out either.... I hope someone got a vid :D

I think so. I was right next to them. They were pretty cool guys. I saw you. As soon as I saw the purple tote I was like DEAD DUCK!! I was just too shy to say anything :chuckle: I dunno if you remember, but I was the one that showed up wearing a red hoodie and sat down in your line before I moved to the other line at around 11am.

And I got a tiny bit of the eye. After the show I saw someone with the entire eye and I was like LUCKY! but its okay, I still got a balloon :awesome:

I kind of eyed the security guard in front of me that I talked to before when he was holding the balloon and he was like "you want it?" I was like "YES!" haha.

Yeah I touched one once before they all popped. It was cool. And on the way out I spotted some confetti and grabbed it too.

Yes, I must know what he said during that balloon fail

:LOL::LOL:Well I wasn't there in person but my son took my seat and loved it. He's been going to concerts for almost 20 years and said this was one of the best. He was amazed at Matt's voice in person, how he hit all those notes perfectly. You don't always get that. He took some video and tons of pictures and we just loaded up my computer. Brilliant all. He also bought me a tshirt and key ring. Now I have U2, Linkin Park and , best of all, Muse to tote my keys. I'm a lucky mom!

I'm sorry you weren't able to go, but glad to hear your son had a good time :) Was he previously not a big Muse fan?

@dead-duck: I replied to your security comment in the other thread.

I was lucky and got a whole balloon, though it's in two pieces right through the eye. :( My awesome bff bald security guard gave it to me. :D I didn't even ask!

I'll have to check your reply in the other thread - you may have have the nice security guard that was next to me, I saw him grab the balloon that landed right in front of me, I wanted it but he snatched it away fairly quickly.

I think so. I was right next to them. They were pretty cool guys. I saw you. As soon as I saw the purple tote I was like DEAD DUCK!! I was just too shy to say anything :chuckle: I dunno if you remember, but I was the one that showed up wearing a red hoodie and sat down in your line before I moved to the other line at around 11am.

ahhh.... I know who you were :D Should have said hi, I knew you guys were a group of boardies in the other line, but I wasn't feeling well so I stayed put most of the day (I feel like I keep saying that but I can't remember what thread i'm in anymore :LOL: so, sorry if i'm repeting myself :$)

Maybe I'll come and harass/heckle you guys in the GA line for MD before I head in ;)

And I got a tiny bit of the eye. After the show I saw someone with the entire eye and I was like LUCKY! but its okay, I still got a balloon :awesome:

I kind of eyed the security guard in front of me that I talked to before when he was holding the balloon and he was like "you want it?" I was like "YES!" haha.

Yeah I touched one once before they all popped. It was cool. And on the way out I spotted some confetti and grabbed it too.

Yes, I must know what he said during that balloon fail

I grabbed confetti off the floor too :$ The piece of balloon I ended up with basically fell on my head :LOL: That's about the only way I'd have been able to get it, cuz my security dude was having nothing of it!

If I may ask the people that met the boys, where'd u wait for them at? Out front near the tour bus or somewhere else? I'm going to the Boston show on Saturday and may end up sticking around just wondering where I should wait for them at.

We waited by the buses. The security guys weren't too happy with us (since it's their jobs to keep the band happy and away from as many people as they can) but we weren't causing any commotion so they really didn't care. They ended up moving the bus around to the front of the arena and the guys walked out from there. We just followed the bus when it did end up moving. Just don't be too close to the bus....they don't like that. Give them their space and they'll be polite with you.

Look for the bus that has a second license plate on the back of it that says something like "Senators"...that's their bus. I think the plate is silver. If you see that bus but the roadies are telling you the band left...DON'T BELIEVE THEM! At last night's show they were the first 2 busses to leave (and they were the first two busses parked in the row of buses).

The problem with other arenas and venues, though, is they'll sometimes be parked in a garage under the arena or in a loading dock area away from view. Just scope out the area and get in a good position (and don't hassle security too much.) ..... and when the band comes out SCREAM AND CHEER and they're bound to come over!

Good luck meeting them!

ahhh.... I know who you were :D Should have said hi, I knew you guys were a group of boardies in the other line, but I wasn't feeling well so I stayed put most of the day (I feel like I keep saying that but I can't remember what thread i'm in anymore :LOL: so, sorry if i'm repeting myself :$)

Maybe I'll come and harass/heckle you guys in the GA line for MD before I head in ;)

I grabbed confetti off the floor too :$ The piece of balloon I ended up with basically fell on my head :LOL: That's about the only way I'd have been able to get it, cuz my security dude was having nothing of it!

:awesome:

Yeah It was too cold to even move! And don't worry about it. I've been repeating myself for ages about this lol

Yeah, if things turn out like they did at the Patriot Centre, there won't be as many people as we'll expect in line early for GA. I'm coming later this time, but I'm determined to get a good spot on the floor.

:LOL: I guess I was lucky with my security dudes. I think they were having a decent time at least

sorry if this was posted alredy

gig review in the wp

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/clicktrack/2010/03/in_concert_muse.html

Thanks! I hadn't seen that.

I also have confirmation about the pants - can't remember if I mentioned this earlier but I thought I saw matching embelleshments on his pants last night! I don't remember having seen that when he wore the suit before. I noticed it and was like :chuckle: ahhh matt ;)

I gotta save those pics - even though I didn't take them they're from my gig :awesome:

I'm sorry you weren't able to go, but glad to hear your son had a good time :) Was he previously not a big Muse fan?

He was a fan before I was. In fact he was the person who told me I'd love them. How right he was!:LOL:

So... correct me if I'm wrong. So during PIB, I was so impressed with everyone when Matthew Bellamy let us sing part of the chorus. :happy: But, was it my imagination when he said at the conclusion at the song something like "wow, that single wasn't released in the US"?

I mean that would make since because Origin of Symmetry wasn't released in the US till after the release of Absolution (i forget the reason why, some legal mumbo jumbo).

Did anyone else catch him saying this? If he did, I'm so proud of us! :D

So... correct me if I'm wrong. So during PIB, I was so impressed with everyone when Matthew Bellamy let us sing part of the chorus. :happy: But, was it my imagination when he said at the conclusion at the song something like "wow, that single wasn't released in the US"?

I mean that would make since because Origin of Symmetry wasn't released in the US till after the release of Absolution (i forget the reason why, some legal mumbo jumbo).

is that what he said? I was trying to figure that out. He was distracted by the balloon he kicked, then gave a smile :happy:

I still don't know what he said though

is that what he said? I was trying to figure that out. He was distracted by the balloon he kicked, then gave a smile :happy:

I still don't know what he said though

Hey I might have been hearing things, by that point all of my senses were on fire. :eek:

He was a fan before I was. In fact he was the person who told me I'd love them. How right he was!:LOL:

ahhhh - yay for joint fanships! I hope you get a chance to see the guys soon :)

Is that what he said! I've been waiting to find a vid to see if I can figure it out. It definitely didn't seem to be the standard "cheers" or whatever but I couldn't figure it out!

Great pictures :D

Is that the awesome jacket he wore on that french tv show last week?

Yeah, I think so - and you'll be glad to know that it has matching pants - meanining not just the color but the pants have the applique pattern on them as well :awesome::LOL:

I asked this in the MD thread but after reading the post I quoted below I'll ask again - am I the only one who ended up with the obnoxious security guard? :LOL: I must have gotten the most irritating guy in the whole group stood right in front of me! :facepalm: I'm reading everyone else talking about nice/fun security and I'm like "not where I was!" (although, in fairness, the guy to my right seemed to be pretty cool - the guy in front of me said Muse was boring and he hoped he didn't fall asleep) I guess he was too cool for us ;)

Was the guy next to you a stocky sort of guy with short light hair and a white Muse shirt? I think I saw him and his friends going nuts at the barrier - if it was them, they were right in front of me in line all day :chuckle: You must not have been too far from me. :) I got a piece of a balloon too - did you actually get the eye? My part is just plain white.... I also managed to touch one before they were popped - which is saying something because I'm so short that the things were staying like a foot or more above my head!

Oh, and you brought up something I wanted to ask - what did Matt say during the balloon fail? I couldn't make it out either.... I hope someone got a vid :D

I was unable to touch a balloon too. (and I'm 5'9" lol)

I didn't talk to the security guys but I did see one of them give the setlist to a girl 2 people down from me because she had asked for it when she first saw it. I took a photo of the setlist and actually gave in and read some of it from my pic.

The area I was in was very tame. From what I read about wild pits at Muse gigs, I was surprised. Maybe there was more going on behind me but hardly anyone next to me moved much.

And it was very cool to finally meet Teh Dux. :)

i think I saw you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome: I dunno if you saw me, I was the one in the black coat, over a red university jacket, skinny jeans... straight hair...I was waiting in the line next to Bellamy'sZetaGirl (which I think I saw btw :))

I took a 14 second video of the line while I was standing there, maybe you're in it. :)

Eek! I feel like I'm butting in... this thread got a heck of a lot longer while we were at the gig! :LOL:

Seems like everyone is telling how their experience was... me and my friend got there at three by accident, so we ran into zetagirl and then ran around the building... I think I saw what I feel like might have been their trailer, cause there was a flipping rug in front of the door! Haha, but we were kicked off the little overhang with the view of it... :(

We were at the South entrance, I think, and they soundchecked the MK Ultra distortion - I was so surprised that they didn't play it! It was a useless setlist, but a fantastical gig! Me and my friends had seats but we snuck onto the floor... :ninja: we got quite close to the front, we more on Chris' side... if you saw an Asian in hot pink skinnies, that was me!

You're always good at getting away with sneaking into the floor, iNGO. :ninja: You should give lessons on that. haha

Archived