My point still stands, Muse could play 1-2 rarities per gig and a lot of the older fans would be happy. Muse are trying hard to please everyone, except their old fans. And CE and Bliss for example has a lot of more fans than for example GL. So playing that one is certainly not to please the bigger audience.

I think GL is kept for the streamers and confetti - it was only played 3 times at other shows. Those things though could easily be transferred to Starlight, which is a more popular song than GL for casuals.

I think it'd work better for Starlight tbh - put it at the end of the first "Our hopes and expectations..." bit.

:happy:

I can totally understand why people would be pissed. But it doesn't give them the right to treat others poorly.

That goes for everyone though, not just the "complainers". I mean, people WILL have negative opinions, because we're all different. Why should I be quiet and stop whining just because my opinion doesn't reflect theirs? (Not talking about you)

And my sarcasm is not to be a jerk to anyone, it's just a chance to lighten things up by trying to make a joke out of it instead of just stating "All those songs that you mentioned are singles and have been played for...etc"

Not trying to insult anyone.

BigJim, you don't get it. We know they will play The Resistance songs, but why not play the best song on it and 2/3 of the symphony. Even the songs that aren't The Resistance are boring now. The complaints are variety and setlist stinkers such as Guiding Light.

I really appreciate where everyone is coming from, as I say I'd LOVE to see older material played. Most of my favourite Muse songe are all pre BHAR and I personally happen to think there's too much cheese on the Resistance album generally. I can't stand Guiding Light or Undisclosed Desires but Muse are my favourite band and that's it. Certain songs off OOS and Absolution really struck a chord with me and I'm probably living off past glories too as I just related to what they were doing back then, more so than now.

The jury's obviously out at the mo but unless the next album grips me sadly I think this will be the last time for me.

I had a feeling people are going to hate this setlist as well. just got home from the gig:)

loved wembley, and I must say, even though the set was not for my taste, at list i got to see live 5 songs i haven't seen before...hope tomorrow i'll get the one's i actually want (or at least something different from tonight)

ooh, and alien pooping is awesome! with confetti!

5? :awesome:

which ones? if i may ask :)

(nsc, ibty...?)

i'm being nice when i tell you that sarcasm is pretty much standard on this forum. i know you don't like it, but i think you're going to have get used to it or find yourself in a lot of arguements.

that little misunderstanding we had the other day? you actually caught me being serious for a change :LOL:

Yeah I know I should probably just shut up :p . And actually, I think sarcasm is pretty hilarious :LOL: Me and my family are very sarcastic with each other. Just drives me nuts when you're trying to be serious and they don't bother to even try and talk. (hence the incident the other day) :chuckle: . I'll not say anything anymore. Thanks :) (and just so you know, I'm being serious) :LOL:

Your avatar <3

Thank you :happy:

I had a friend just super happy to go cause it's wembley aka the place of HAARP.

People who go would love just to be at this Muse legendary venue.

But if it was analzyed as setlist quality to the one of HAARP, this one fails to impress but that's just what's up. Muse have become more of a theatrical band. And for the fans who really like their music innovitation it just doesn't cut it cause we would like more emphasis on that.

That goes for everyone though, not just the "complainers". I mean, people WILL have negative opinions, because we're all different. Why should I be quiet and stop whining just because my opinion doesn't reflect theirs? (Not talking about you)

And my sarcasm is not to be a jerk to anyone, it's just a chance to lighten things up by trying to make a joke out of it instead of just stating "All those songs that you mentioned are singles and have been played for...etc"

Not trying to insult anyone.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the joke about it. It certainly did not come across that way.

(at least to me)

:eek:

:shifty:

It's good they treat 'em with love. I think the band is truly (and has been) tryin to achieve mainstream popularity.

Once they got it they'll realize (like for example, the beatles did) that there's so much u can do with the whole world loving you and finding out it's not really for your music.

I hope they realize just like the beatles, that their music innovation will be more remembered, and thus they'll release a SGT. Peppers of their own within the next few albums :)

(one can only hope)

I dun care about the beef... I go to Muse shows cos I enjoy them and have a good time, even if the setlist is the same... and I did again tonight! :D Saw IBTY for the first time, which was awesome, and we made all the cheese songs great by singing along with incredibly OTT hand gestures! A great gig, despite the fact that we kept getting people trying to squish past us when there was NO room to move anymore!

Tres excited for tomorrow... rumours are that there's going to be some 'surprise' songs/rarities, so I can't wait. Oh and YAY BIFFY! :D

Maybe I'm just not seeing the joke about it. It certainly did not come across that way.

(at least to me)

Well then, from here and on, I will never again be sarcastic in this thread in a way that could be considered as mean, I will only write my posts in a serious and non-trying to be funny-way.

I dun care about the beef... I go to Muse shows cos I enjoy them and have a good time, even if the setlist is the same... and I did again tonight! :D Saw IBTY for the first time, which was awesome, and we made all the cheese songs great by singing along with incredibly OTT hand gestures! A great gig, despite the fact that we kept getting people trying to squish past us when there was NO room to move anymore!

Tres excited for tomorrow... rumours are that there's going to be some 'surprise' songs/rarities, so I can't wait. Oh and YAY BIFFY! :D

Source of rumor?

Rarities is considered CE now... and Blis...

Yeah I know I should probably just shut up :p . And actually, I think sarcasm is pretty hilarious :LOL: Me and my family are very sarcastic with each other. Just drives me nuts when you're trying to be serious and they don't bother to even try and talk. (hence the incident the other day) :chuckle: . I'll not say anything anymore. Thanks :) (and just so you know, I'm being serious) :LOL:

you don't have to shut up :D

actually i thought it was very cool of you when you admitted to misreading what i had said. people don't usually do that and then...

cue :srsb33f:

Archived