Showers... you have access to showers :eek:

Hello I like you, you're awesome, can I be your friend? :D

:LOL:

You pass me the chocolate, I give you access to showers! :LOL:

Yeah I double-took too when I saw that. I was meant to be doing morning shifts but now am working after the festival WIN. I only get meals when I work though so L... the more chocolate the better!

You pass me the chocolate, I give you access to showers! :LOL:

Yeah I double-took too when I saw that. I was meant to be doing morning shifts but now am working after the festival WIN. I only get meals when I work though so L... the more chocolate the better!

Chocolate in exchange for a real shower? That's a deal! :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...
Definitely. If Led Zep replace them I think they will overshadow Muse a little too much.

A Led Zep appearence would need Robert Plant to say yes- not sure I can see that happening! Would be cool though. I think Coldplay are probs the favourites and I reckon Muse would have them easily! :D

I'd be happy for Dizzee to get bumped up or even Flaming Lips to move across to the main stage. How about giving Kasabian a chance to headline it?

Just as long as it's not Coldplay. In my dreams it would be Led Zep or Radiohead.

it was worth missing the paris gig to hear this news :D (well ok it wasn't - just trying to cheer myself up)

So you're happy to hear that Bono had to have emergency surgery on something incredibly serious, which was why they had to pull out? Nice. Classy.

people celebrating the fact that Bono had emergency back surgery is disgusting IMO. The man has had back problems for years and when he was rehearsing he caused serious, serious harm to his back. This is not to be celebrated.. You don't have to like the music but he is a human being..

Here's a link go enlighten yourselves..

http://www.u2.com/news/title/bono-discharged-from-hospital

BONO DISCHARGED FROM HOSPITAL

Bono has now been discharged from Ludwig Maximilians-University (LMU) Hospital in Munich where he underwent emergency surgery on Friday, following a back injury. In order to fully recover, he is under doctor's orders to start a rehabilitation program and to recuperate for at least eight weeks.

Dr Muller Wohlfahrt confirmed, 'Bono suffered severe compression of the sciatic nerve. On review of his MRI scan, I realized there was a serious tear in the ligament and a herniated disc, and that conservative treatment would not suffice. I recommended Bono have emergency spine surgery with Professor Tonn at Munich's LMU University Hospital on Friday.'

Professor Tonn, who carried out the operation, added, 'Bono was referred to me by Dr Muller Wohlfahrt late last week with a sudden onset disease. He was already in severe pain with partial paralysis in the lower leg. The ligament surrounding the disc had an 8mm tear and during surgery we discovered fragments of the disc had traveled into the spinal canal. This surgery was the only course of treatment for full recovery and to avoid further paralysis. Bono is now much better, with complete recovery of his motor deficit. The prognosis is excellent but to obtain a sustainable result, he must now enter a period of rehabilitation'.

Dr Muller Wohlfahrt continued, 'We are treating Bono as we would treat any of our athletes and while the surgery has gone very well, the coming weeks are crucial for a return to full health. In the next days, he will start a light rehabilitation program, with increasing intensity over the next 8 weeks. In our experience, this is the minimum time.'

and....

BONO CALLS MICHAEL EAVIS

25 May 2010

Following news of Bono's recuperation period from surgery, Glastonbury Festival have confirmed that the band won't be able to perform their headline slot next month. Bono and Michael Eavis of Glastonbury spoke by phone this morning.

Said Bono: 'I'm heartbroken. We really wanted to be there to do something really special - we even wrote a song especially for the Festival.'

Said Michael Eavis: 'It was obvious from our telephone conversation that U2 are hugely disappointed. Clearly, they were looking forward to playing the Pyramid Stage as much as we were looking forward to watching them. At this point, we have no comment to make about possible replacements for U2's Friday night slot. Instead, we would simply like to send Bono our very best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.'

http://www.u2.com/news/title/glastonbury-appearance-cancelled

Wait, people are happy that U2 pulled out?

I'm not going to this nor am I big a U2 fan, but still, I saw U2 back in October (Free ticket and Muse was opening so yeah) and they put on a damn good show. They were playing a completely different day than Muse and theres a good chance that no one big gets added and instead someone is just bumped to headliner status. How in the hell would it be a good thing that they canceled? not to mention it is a serious injury.

just don't really get it.

People don't like U2 i guess? I'm not their biggest fan but I wouldn't have minded going to see them at glasto, if only to say that i've seen them. No way i'd go to one of their own shows so this would have been the only time i'd get to see them

People don't like U2 i guess? I'm not their biggest fan but I wouldn't have minded going to see them at glasto, if only to say that i've seen them. No way i'd go to one of their own shows so this would have been the only time i'd get to see them

I don't have an issue with people disliking Bono or U2. Everyone has different tastes. What I dislike is that people are happy that they pulled out of Glasto. Only reason they dropped out is because of Bono's back injury, which had the potential to be devestating had he not received emergency surgery. So it just came across as people being all "Yay Bono had surgery! No more U2 at glastonbury!" Read the links DreamOutLoud posted. It's pretty serious. They postponed their entire North American leg and their European leg, which is scheduled to kick off in August, is in jeapordy too.

I don't wish any ill on Bono or U2 whatsoever.

I'm just chuffed they aren't playing from a purely selfish, subjective point of view. I just don't like them, never have.

Here's hoping for a quality replacement though.

Archived