I only just read this, and it was from yesterdays News of the World. Shocked that nobody else posted it.

THIS one is Supermassive (Blackhole) - mega group MUSE are set the headline Glastonbury's 40th anniversary next year.

The chart-toppers are currently in talks with the Eavis family - they're the Glasto organisers - to follow in the footsteps of BLUR, OASIS and JAY-Z.

Lead singer MATT BELLAMY told me: "We're going to have a little chat with the Eavis family."

Muse - who were recently voted the Best Act In The World Today - last played at Glastonbury in 2004, and later described it as one of the best moments of their lives.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/576332/Band-in-talks-with-organisers-to-follow-in-footsteps-of-BLUR-OASIS-and-JAY-Z.html

• 3 weeks later...
Those of us who've paid the £50 deposit but not the balance, when can we cancel our ticket?? Do we have to wait until the end of January or can we cancel now and get our £40 refund?

I'm sure someone said you can cancel anytime. Why would you want to do do that though when theres a good chance Muse will be playing. Hope they tell us soon, I've got my ticket:)

I'm sure someone said you can cancel anytime. Why would you want to do do that though when theres a good chance Muse will be playing. Hope they tell us soon, I've got my ticket:)

Well I'm doing both Wembley gigs and would like to go to the stadium gig in Paris too.

I can't afford to do all of those and go to Glasto as the five day trip will cost a fair amount of money for ticket-balance, fuel, food, drink, tent and other equipment.

Much as I'd love to go for me personally the most important thing is to see Muse and as a festival set will be shorter than the stadium gigs I know which I'd rather go to;)

Many will disagree but as I said, my priority is to see Muse and I simply cannot afford to do it all so I will almost certainly cancel my Glasto ticket.

Yes, U2 have been confirmed, see link in my last post :)

Awesome, well pleased with that. Its on the glasto site too now so :D. So possibly U2 friday, Radiohead Saturday, Muse Sunday. Think thats likely, would be amazing if so.

2010 is gonna be the year of all years! :p

Archived