Looks like it might not happen now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20100202_glastonbury.shtml

Emily Eavis says 'It’s been bandied about that Muse are booked in for the Saturday (26 June), but people shouldn’t believe the rumours'.

She's mentioned that they are not playing Saturday that's all.

I thought Muse were rumoured for the Sunday anyway not Saturday...

We should in a couple of weeks though.

EDIT: efestival has Muse TBC for sunday at the pyramid stage and they are normally pretty reliable with the prediction.

She's mentioned that they are not playing Saturday that's all.

I thought Muse were rumoured for the Sunday anyway not Saturday...

We should in a couple of weeks though.

EDIT: efestival has Muse TBC for sunday at the pyramid stage and they are normally pretty reliable with the prediction.

Check news on efestivals now Muse for Sat, and Stevie Wonder for Sunday:D:D

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/100202c.shtml

Check news on efestivals now Muse for Sat, and Stevie Wonder for Sunday:D:D

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/100202c.shtml

From the website:

"Festival organiser Michael Eavis has possibly revealed the headliners for Glastonbury Festival as Muse, and probably Stevie Wonder.

Eavis named the headliners for this year's event at a live seminar during an Event Production Show launched today Tuesday 2nd February, at Olympia. As reported (here).

Eavis revealed that Muse would headline the Saturday (26th June) and that it was probable (meaning he has not yet signed the deal) that Stevie Wonder would close the festival as the main act on the Sunday (27th June)."

Possible argh; probable argh argh. Holy crap I want to go now. Logistics argh argh argh

I was at the Event Production Show today and turned up to Michael Eavis's seminar about 2 minutes after it started to find it was full - I was slightly gutted I couldn't get in as I was interested in what he had to say about 40 years of Glasto, didn't think for a minute he'd more or less confirm the headliners! Attempted to lip read through the glass but I felt a bit sad so left...

Back at the office in the afternoon I had an overwhelming urge to check efestivals (no idea where that came from) and there it was. I was so excited I completely forgot how to type for about the next hour. Think I might be slightly on edge until it's officially confirmed though :unsure:

I registered to buy cancelled tickets last night and apparently "full tickets" are sold out! WTF why bother lol.

People have until the 28th Feb to pay the balance on their Glasto tickets so cancelled tickets won't be sold until the beg of March.

Oh :$ so they'll keep restocking them? :p

They should release them all at once after the deadline to pay balance.

But you will need to be quick when they go back on sale as they sold out really quickly this year on the first day they went on sale, quite a lot of people didn't manage to get tickets. I was online from 9am myself and it took an hour of constant refreshing before I got them.

They should release them all at once after the deadline to pay balance.

But you will need to be quick when they go back on sale as they sold out really quickly this year on the first day they went on sale, quite a lot of people didn't manage to get tickets. I was online from 9am myself and it took an hour of constant refreshing before I got them.

What date is that then?

What date is that then?

The general sale (as opposed to the "pre-sale", if you can call the October on-sale that!) for Glastonbury has been the first Sunday in April for the last few years. So, Sunday 4th April. Most likely 9am. But there will, of course, be an official announcement on the Glastonbury website.

I like the Glastonbury flags. It's nice to see crowds with different identity to the arena crowd who's nearest to flags is condom balloons. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that it's not the same as seeing that sight.

And I probably would go to a festival with a flag when I go to my first one. Hopefully next year.

Archived