Right, first time that I have been on here since getting back from Glastonbury due to moving out and not having any internet access. Im at my mums so I can now go on here :happy:

What an amazing weekend :D The highlights for me were Museeeeeeee <3 :happy: obviously, Biffy Clyro, Ellie Goulding, Delphic, Florence and the Machine, Dizzie Rascal, Faithless and Stevie Wonder :D

Was great to see Davy and Davey25 too :happy:

Right, first time that I have been on here since getting back from Glastonbury due to moving out and not having any internet access. Im at my mums so I can now go on here :happy:

What an amazing weekend :D The highlights for me were Museeeeeeee <3 :happy: obviously, Biffy Clyro, Ellie Goulding, Delphic, Florence and the Machine, Dizzie Rascal, Faithless and Stevie Wonder :D

Was great to see Davy and Davey25 too :happy:

Biffy, Faithless and Stevie were fucking brilliant :happy:

OK guys - as a local yockle of dearest Pilton (or just outside) let me enlighten you all! Muse had to finish the set by midnight - if not the plug would have been pulled (as it was on so many acts over the weekend). Secondly, the sound is continually monitored on the walls of a few neighbouring houses by our wonderful local District Council. If the sound registers higher than a certain decibel then there is an automatic cut off which controls some of the equalizers - hence the various problems in the past with Killers, Tom Jones, Cold Play and last year Brucee. I have to say with hand on heart these problems are not the fault of the band they are the fault of the licensing and the various restictions placed in order to hold the festival in our beautiful Somerset. Please, please remember there are a lot of people that live here and are without doubt tolerent. Unfortunately these are the perameters that fabulous bands like MUSE have to work within and it is tough. MUSE were amazing and believe me compared to the Gorillas, Brucee, Cold Play and Killers - THEY ROCKED THE PLACE DOWN!

Well that clears the sounds problems up! :LOL:

Well, the engineers should be aware of the limitations and be able to work within them.

I mean, I've had to do sound in venues were you have similar limitations and still been able to get great sound. Dropping the bass a decibel or two would have done more to keep them within the limits.

I'd imagine there are decibel meters by the desk, otherwise there's no control at all and no can police it...

Because of wind speeds, weather conditions it is impossible to say on the desk what the readings will be on the surrounding properties. I only know this as my son was once a sound engineer at Glasto and said never again. The Killers were truly awful. If you stood on the Cockmill/Pyramid crossroads you couldn't hear them but, because of the prevailing winds it was perfect sound in Doulting some 6 miles away!

Because of wind speeds, weather conditions it is impossible to say on the desk what the readings will be on the surrounding properties. I only know this as my son was once a sound engineer at Glasto and said never again. The Killers were truly awful. If you stood on the Cockmill/Pyramid crossroads you couldn't hear them but, because of the prevailing winds it was perfect sound in Doulting some 6 miles away!

I've seen (well, heard!) that effect in action.

My dad used to be a sqn. ldr. at RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire and the engines to several aircraft are usually running at any point during the day or night for various reasons. They are noisy aircraft but on some days they sound relatively quiet on the station but in a town called Calne (six miles away) they can be heard loud and clear.

True, but there wasn't much wind if at all and why leave the bass that loud which is what will travel most? Unless they've done the whole "Bass isn't as strong outdoors as it is indoors and need it louder" and weren't listening :confused:

I've not had the opportunity to engineer outdoor events, thank god :LOL:

It was just bizarre because everyone else had sounded fantastic all day, then a few songs in Muse it went shit.

sound does seem to travel further at night due to there being not so much other background noise. would that have affected Muse more than other bands? :$

Would make sense really.

Plus we have to remember muse are veeeeeeeeryyy loud, so if certain instruments are too loud, slight drops in volume would probably be a lot more prominant. There is a huge number of variables which could explain it :p

A friend of mine told me that she saw me at the beginning of the BBC footage for Feeling Good and I don't look like a happy bunny!

i saw you a couple of times in the footage. what where you yelling at the beginning of feeling good? it looked like you were booing :LOL:

was really quick of course, but you didn't look like you were yelling "i love you" :LOL:

:LOL:

She knows me well!

They were great at Oxegen and singing "there's always the sun" Oooh the irony :LOL:

i wondered if you watched them. :D haven't seen them live since the 'last ever gig' with hugh at Guildford back in days of yore. i really enjoyed them even if jet black looked like he was going to have a heart attack at any moment. age hasn't really been kind to that keyboard player bloke either (i forget his name). :LOL: the new singer was very good.

Archived